New England Members

I played 18 at New England CC today and the wind was def an issue. I only hit 4 fairways smh. Putted horrendously too. Not a good day scoring wise.
It was brutal. Now I know why the pros debate club selection for 10 minutes on windy days.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Got to the range in the wind this afternoon. Was actually nice hitting into 20mph winds, as I worked on some delivery issues I've had. I'll post more in the thread on the clubs, but the thing I was most impressed with was how the G's hold their line in the wind. Sure, they hit high but I wasn't getting killed there.

Going to be a while until the weather will let us get out around here, it seems.

Yea, next week's forecast took a dump.

It was brutal. Now I know why the pros debate club selection for 10 minutes on windy days.

I've never seen so many balls rolling around on greens as I did today. It always seemed to hurt us instead of help too. I had one approach shot stop about 15" from the hole. By the time I reached the green my ball was a good 30" further away. 3 putted.

I'm off Thursday, hopefully the forecast improves and I get in my first round of the year with my Dad.

It figures that my weekends finally open up and things turn to crap - cold, snow and rain. No thanks, New England weather.

It figures that my weekends finally open up and things turn to crap - cold, snow and rain. No thanks, New England weather.

Look on the bright side - courses usually wouldn't even be open yet. Any play we've gotten is just bonus this year.

Look on the bright side - courses usually wouldn't even be open yet. Any play we've gotten is just bonus this year.
I was just thinking the same thing. I've got 8 rounds in before April 1st.

Just caught a little bit of LPGA coverage and was wondering wtf is up with these giant putters? They look like hockey sticks.

So we playing next Saturday?

If the weather looks good, we should give it a shot! I don't think I have anything that major that day since competitions will be over, but I'll check in with the boss to make sure she doesn't have anything planned for us.

If the weather looks good, we should give it a shot! I don't think I have anything that major that day since competitions will be over, but I'll check in with the boss to make sure she doesn't have anything planned for us.

You let the weather run your life? :alien:

Sounds good, I have a tee time at Pinehills but I'm cool scrapping that and meeting in the middle or closer to you and playing earlier just keep me posted.

But you got to play!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I snuck out and got in 18. Had to seeing the forecast

Love reading this teammate!

Got to the range in the wind this afternoon. Was actually nice hitting into 20mph winds, as I worked on some delivery issues I've had. I'll post more in the thread on the clubs, but the thing I was most impressed with was how the G's hold their line in the wind. Sure, they hit high but I wasn't getting killed there.

Going to be a while until the weather will let us get out around here, it seems.

interesting that you mention "holding their line". i got 15 holes in after work and had a similar experience, except not personally. with my slice tendency the wind pretty much had me keep the driver in the bag. but my partners shots were almost unaffected by the wind! he had long, mid to high penetrating, straight ball flight. I found it amazing

tomorrow looks to be playable around here, avoiding the mid day....i hope

I'm thinking about hitting up Red Tail or Shaker after work today around 3 if anyone is interested.

Too nice to mark my ball with...
bce4044f5cbc4283fdcfc220ae79dcdd.jpg

rainy day golfing blues....i got the morning chores done, then at any point during the nest 3 hours of browsing I could easily have put some rsi2, 545, 745, ap2, apex, c200, f5, 850 forged into my cart and broke out my card. so many excellent choices

Love covered range bays on a rainy day to get some swings in. Dislike hitting off mats.

South Shore is in amazing shape for April. Had a blast playing 9 with rickterp yesterday

Love covered range bays on a rainy day to get some swings in. Dislike hitting off mats.

I'm with you on that. Not a fan of mats with irons at all, if I hit any more than a small bucket off of them I end up with sore wrists and forearms. But it's still better than not getting to the range at all!

I'm with you on that. Not a fan of mats with irons at all, if I hit any more than a small bucket off of them I end up with sore wrists and forearms. But it's still better than not getting to the range at all!

How does your Saturday look?

I was thinking we could do DW Fields or Braintree as a good in between for us.

Thank god I was able to get a round in yesterday. Rainy Saturday's suck.

Back