First round of the year tips

I just didn't keep score. Just played and enjoyed the day. Was a fun time.

just have fun, it's what golf is all about. So just enjoy it. The game will come back with time.

Best advice have fun.

Second piece of advice and in my best Will Smith voice, "Take a club and bash the living s*%@ out of it."

Don't over think it. It's the first time out, you're probably not going to be as good as you were at the end of the year. Try to not get upset about those missed shots during the round, timing and practice are not up yet. Just go out and have fun!

Just play and keep your expectations lower than normal. It takes time to get it all going good again.

Add a few more.

6) If you been practicing and hitting off mats, take an extra club. That 160 yd 7 iron you've been hitting will only go 150 yds.

7) The slice lie you hated last year is back.

8) the only club you'll hit well is your driver.

9) shots out of the rough do not have much backspin, even with that 64 degree wedge you bought.

10) the greens suck - especially if they're poa annua. Poa annua sucks **** anyway, but it's especially bad this time of year. It's bouncy and doesn't roll true.

11) I still hate my SeeMore. A neighbor of mine told me to put a fat grip on it. I did. I tried it out on the practice green. I went back to my broomstick. I will practice putting with an anchored stroke because it is the only stroke I can be remotely steady with. I found I can trick my body into making the actual stroke unanchored as long as I've made my practice strokes anchored.

Just have fun and don't keep score I am going out today and that's my plan

Played my first round this morning and shot 3 under my handicap

Wasn't really keeping a running total of my score and just let the golf happen and this was the result - should do that for every round I play:D

Back