Titleist C16 Driver Preview

Why the name change?

This is so unlike Titleist.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Man how boring looking! I know its about how it performs but I really struggle paying good $$$ for something that looks so meh.

Looks a lot like a BW pic to me. Weights DO look interesting too. Almost like they will be "weight sticks" that get screwed in.

JM

It looks good. I've always liked Titleist drivers. And if what Kang is hinting at above means fade bias, then me definitely likey. Will depend on price point and spin for me.
Judging by the looks, the weight can be placed out to the toe (fade bias, or should I say push bias) or heel side to make it draw/pull bias

I can't pass too much judgements without color, but it's interesting. Wonder what the ramifications of this will do to people's crow?

unless I'm color blind, that's a black & white photo. How do you know what the colors look like?

Because it's Titleist? :alien:

I can't pass too much judgements without color, but it's interesting. Wonder what the ramifications of this will do to people's crow?
The naming/numbering system is different? It's clearly a massive deviation for Titleist. ;)

Seems very interesting based on the way their designs had been going, I'll be curious to see/hear more.

Looks interesting, not sure if I like it or not, looking forward to hearing more though.

I'm interesting in hearing more about the technology. The black and white photos are always tough to tell how much I'll like the looks but I'm thinking I like the looks of the 915s better

Looks like moveable weight from the vapor flex. Not overly impressed with the looks compared to the 915. Awaiting more details

It's an interesting looking design. Looking forward to getting some info on the design/intent in a few months.

I will be watching closely for this one. Looks good in the black and white photos. I'm sure it will Be a classic look from titleist. I would guess it will be another solid offering from titleist.

Man how boring looking! I know its about how it performs but I really struggle paying good $$$ for something that looks so meh.

Really???

Like the looks and color scheme. Always been a fan of Titleist drivers

Intriguing design. Pretty sure the colors won't be all that different than what is shown. It will be grey, black, red & white lettering. Nothing has changed with their color schemes over the better half of 15yrs. Certainly interested in hitting it. We shall see, I'm pretty happy with my 915 d2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, really. I think it looks boring.

Well in terms of titleist its earth shattering and ground breaking lol. They're pretty methodical in their changes unlike let's say.....TaylorMade who release 3/4 new drivers a year. I don't want new and flashy....but that's my eye. To each is own

Our pro is out there next week, he said this was coming, curious if he hits it and has feedback to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well in terms of titleist its earth shattering and ground breaking lol. They're pretty methodical in their changes unlike let's say.....TaylorMade who release 3/4 new drivers a year. I don't want new and flashy....but that's my eye. To each is own
I didn't realize the picture was black and white when I first looked at it - that is what I thought was boring. It reminded me of the steel drivers of the mid to late 90s.

I didn't realize the picture was black and white when I first looked at it - that is what I thought was boring. It reminded me of the steel drivers of the mid to late 90s.

Haha yes it kinda does...

They do? Seem to be pretty much 2 or so a year for the last several years.

SLDR and JetSpeed
R15 and AeroBurner
M1 and M2

Titleist released 915 D2, D3 and D4 for special order.

Not sure why release schedule came up from someone not liking the looks, but just figured I would at least put the releases out there.

Titleist doesn't release 3 or 4 new drivers per release?

Titleist doesn't release 3 or 4 new drivers per release?

You missed the part where I said every year apparently.....so no titleist doesn't release 3/4 drivers per year like other companies.

You missed the part where I said every year apparently.....so no titleist doesn't release 3/4 drivers per year like other companies.

So the 915 D2, D3 and D4 don't count as 2015 releases and this new driver a 2016 release? And fwiw, I doubt this release is just 1 driver

Back