Nike Hyperadapt Golf Bag - THP Review

while I am not a fan of the brand at all, I really like the idea.

I'm not sure who needs it, but I can see them moving a good bunch of them IF​ they market them at all

I don't really use stand or carry bag anymore but the concept is innovative. The price is a little high but what isn't now? It's got a great look. Nice pictures Jman!

I dig it...definitely. Don't need a new bag and won't spend $350 on one, but I like the simplicity.

Great photos Jman.

Outside of the price, I'm liking everything about this bag.

Jman- is there a way to maybe get a quick video showing the bag being broken down and adjusted?

I can do a little something at some point, will try to today or tomorrow!

Got to say, pretty unique idea and design

First off, great pictures as usual James.

I think that this is a great concept and if Nike has the potential durability issues (attaching/detaching) covered it should be a great bag. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Definitely an interesting concept. Something I've never imagined I would need in a bag, but who knows....maybe after reading more I'll change my mind. Curious to hear your thoughts Jman.

Really cool bag here. Love the looks and the concept. The fact that you can adjust the bag to your needs is great. Just can't believe that price. I am a believer that you get what you pay for but wow that's a bit steep.

Interested to see how it holds up after being on the course for a while and being reconfigured a few times.

That price though...

Walked with this one yesterday, in standard pocket configuration (as pictured).

Even loaded up with my things and 17 clubs instead of 14 it was lighter than expected, in fact the HS kids were surprised by it.

I will say I now totally see the allure to taking all the pockets off when walking on a really nice day where you know you won't need the cooler pocket or storage pocket.

Nice bro. I am quite intrigued by the divider setup, that's one thing that drives me nuts about most stand bags. I hate hate hate the 4 way dividers and even most 5 way don't work for me. This one is different and seems like it might be much better. I know you commented on it right away, what are your thoughts after using the bag for a round (albeit with a few clubs too many)!?

Nice bro. I am quite intrigued by the divider setup, that's one thing that drives me nuts about most stand bags. I hate hate hate the 4 way dividers and even most 5 way don't work for me. This one is different and seems like it might be much better. I know you commented on it right away, what are your thoughts after using the bag for a round (albeit with a few clubs too many)!?

it was good, easy to pull what I wanted. I have the driver and putter in the top spot and it works really well. Better though is that second row being the full width of the bag, perfect for my woods and hybos to not tangle with all the headcovers on them. Its a crazy strange take on a 5-way, but it works.

it was good, easy to pull what I wanted. I have the driver and putter in the top spot and it works really well. Better though is that second row being the full width of the bag, perfect for my woods and hybos to not tangle with all the headcovers on them. Its a crazy strange take on a 5-way, but it works.
It seems like it would work, I do like that Nike went with something different with the divider. I hope to see the trend continue to other OEM's that aren't charging $350 a pop for their bags! :wink:

Walked with this one yesterday, in standard pocket configuration (as pictured).

Even loaded up with my things and 17 clubs instead of 14 it was lighter than expected, in fact the HS kids were surprised by it.

I will say I now totally see the allure to taking all the pockets off when walking on a really nice day where you know you won't need the cooler pocket or storage pocket.

While simply not carrying anything in the large pocket of my bag would lighten the load a bit I think being able to remove it vs. emptying and reloading is a great idea. I'm assuming the Large pocket is easy and quick to remove? I would expect the smaller pockets (holding balls, tees, ect) to remain on all the time. I am surprised how much I like this idea.

This is a game changer!

I like what they've got here. I need to get to see one in person. I think it could be really handy to have something like this.

It's a sharp looking bag and I'm sure they'll offer more colors. The idea is good and seems like (based on what Jman has said) is easy to figure out, take apart and put back together. Price is a bit more than some, but if it's durable and will last then I wouldn't have a problem with that.

I like the idea of removing the pockets you don't need verses emptying and reloading all the time, just curious to see how well it holds up. And to see if the price drops a little. At that price it's still cheaper to just have multiple bags to fit different needs.

Carried again yesterday and this time shucked the pockets off entirely, made for a really light walk even with 17 clubs in the bag at the time.

Really digging the divider setup too, the top slot is a little snug for driver and putter, but it works for me. The second row is the best part though IMO as all woods/hybrids situate/sort easily on that extra wide row.

The straps are pretty comfortable, not the best I have used, but they form fit pretty well. Little noise from the hinge is noticeable at times, but not bad. Minimal chattering, clubs stay sorted well.

Going to throw it on a cart today and see how it rides and then likely my clicgear this weekend. Should be able to put this one down on paper after that.

I guess good on Nike for being innovative but ultimately I'm not a fan. $350 for a bag is absurd. And it seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist - I've don't recall ever thinking a bag was bad or inconvenient or a problem because it had a compartment I wasn't using.

Carried again yesterday and this time shucked the pockets off entirely, made for a really light walk even with 17 clubs in the bag at the time.

Really digging the divider setup too, the top slot is a little snug for driver and putter, but it works for me. The second row is the best part though IMO as all woods/hybrids situate/sort easily on that extra wide row.

The straps are pretty comfortable, not the best I have used, but they form fit pretty well. Little noise from the hinge is noticeable at times, but not bad. Minimal chattering, clubs stay sorted well.

Going to throw it on a cart today and see how it rides and then likely my clicgear this weekend. Should be able to put this one down on paper after that.

Nice. I love the idea of this type of bag. I'm one who tends to load the bag up during the spring/fall with extra layers and stuff I don't need in the summer. I tend to go between 2 bags based on the seasons now because of that. This seems like a good alternative to that. I know the two Nike bags I have in the past, the straps were super comfortable, a huge thing for a walker. Keeping it light with 17 clubs in the bag = no easy task.

I guess good on Nike for being innovative but ultimately I'm not a fan. $350 for a bag is absurd. And it seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist - I've don't recall ever thinking a bag was bad or inconvenient or a problem because it had a compartment I wasn't using.

To be fair, it can be found at 280 currently and Titleist/Callaway/others have released full waterproof bags in the 250 range, so for the modular aspect mixed with the waterproof, it makes sense to me. Great thing about options, if one doesn't like the price, there are other choices. I do think the concept is brilliant, and it is aimed at walkers IMO so some may not get the need/allure of it, but for me being able to shuck another 1.5lbs on a 100 degree day of walking by removing pockets with things I don't need in them is a pretty significant deal. Of course those who just clap the bag on a cart likely won't make use of the modular capabilities, but IMO this is definitely aimed at carrying.

Nice. I love the idea of this type of bag. I'm one who tends to load the bag up during the spring/fall with extra layers and stuff I don't need in the summer. I tend to go between 2 bags based on the seasons now because of that. This seems like a good alternative to that. I know the two Nike bags I have in the past, the straps were super comfortable, a huge thing for a walker. Keeping it light with 17 clubs in the bag = no easy task.

You're going to be impressed in person next week.

It was honestly pretty cool to just be able to sit the bag out of the car, then pop off the side compartments and sit them in the back of the car with no muss or fuss for a lighter walk.

You're going to be impressed in person next week.

It was honestly pretty cool to just be able to sit the bag out of the car, then pop off the side compartments and sit them in the back of the car with no muss or fuss for a lighter walk.

It really does make sense. I like the feature a lot. Is it going to be useful for everyone? Probably not, but damn I love the options it gives.

It really does make sense. I like the feature a lot. Is it going to be useful for everyone? Probably not, but damn I love the options it gives.

Precisely.

Back