Tiny House - Could You Do It?

Not a chance.

300sqft for me and my dog? yeah I could do it.

Amanda and I talk about this all the time. I think 500 sq and less dog and we could do it I really do.

Oh Portland. Where else would you find a Tiny House Hotel and need to drop at least $145 a night for the experience?
http://tinyhousehotel.com

If it was just me and my wife. Yea, I wouldn't want to though.

But with 2 kids, HELL NO!

I could pretty happily go minimalist but I don't think this would work because there's no storage. Where do you out your clothes?

Lots of TV Shows on about the tiny houses and such. Could you do it? Talking 300 sq feet or less for you and your family.
No way in hell. The wife and I would kill each other the first week. lol

I think one of those would be great as a "weekend getaway" cabin at the lake or in the mountains, but to live in fulltime.....no way

Realistically, sure, I could do it. I'd have to seriously cut out much of my possessions, but that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Con: Many of those tiny houses I've seen has a bed in a loft area, this would be a recipe for disaster for me. I also like having enough floor space to stretch out.

Would love to have one on my hunting land for myself. Sharing it with family or my gf would be less than enjoyable.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not even a chance. We would go insane in a matter of seconds.

Man, you guys are pretty cut and dry. I figure there are some crazy nice RVs out there that have similar square footage.

this is what I was thinking. A tiny house, or an RV on a plot of land with a garage. I could do it if I was single or her and I could do it as a vacation/2nd home. I don't need the living space but would need a garage of some sort, for other belongings and I like to have space between me and the neighbors.

I think I can definitely do it. By myself, with no problem. With my wife, would be tough but doable. With kids, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

My wife is fascinated with these. She seems to think she/we could live in one. I don't think she grasps how small that really is. I've tried to explain to her that it's about the size of our garage. I don't think we could do it. I've got too much shizz-it to fit in a house that small.

Same here, I'd do it no problem going it alone. As it is now, my wife and I watch TV separately, so that would be pretty inconvenient in 300sqft.

If I grow a hipster beard and my primary mode of transportation is a unicycle then maybe. Otherwise, hell no!

If I grow a hipster beard and my primary mode of transportation is a unicycle then maybe. Otherwise, hell no!

Hmmm I'm half way there! Lol

The location would be crucial.
But I wouldn't mind trying

One of my friends is on that show. They still live in the tiny house. For my home? I wouldn't do it. For vacation by the lake, definitely.

I'm with Paul, for a few days in the woods, absolutely, but not permanently.

I could probably live ina smaller home though, there is a whole floor we never use

Haha I've watched that show several times. I actually like the concept of tiny house, tiny payments, more money for other things. That being said I think it could only work for younger couples with no kids. No way I could do that with the kids.

If I'm buying a tiny house, it would be on wheels so I could move all over the place and sleep in golf course parking lots. I don't think I could do it. I enjoy cooking too much. Plus....tiny house means bigger yard this more mundane yard work. No thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a chance. I could not do it being single, let alone married!

When I was in my late teens/early twenties, I spent more time than not traveling the rodeo circuit and living out of a horse trailer with around 90 square feet of living space. It was cool then.
Years later I moved to Dallas and lived alone in a 30' fifth wheel camper for 5 months and it was ok. Then my wife and all her stuff moved and together we lived there a month while your house was being finished. It was not cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no way I could do it. I'm not claustrophobic or anything, but I need my space. It would drive me nuts to live in an house that size. However, I do have a coworker that has been talking about moving into one. It's for him and his wife. I would be divorced within the first week if that was me.

I live in a 500-600 sqft apartment right now. I couldn't imagine going any smaller.

Back