So aside from the gliding mechanism is there a killer feature on the Sun Mountain bags? Do they actually protect better than a Ogio bag for instance? Or is it primarily the gliding/maneuverability in the airport that makes it standout?

I don't think it does a better job of protecting the clubs, but it is SO MUCH EASIER to use. It is also very easy to pack up with extra stuff. When I went home for the holidays I packed my cart bag, 2 pairs of shoes, my toiletry bag, 3 fifths of booze plus some clothing that I couldn't fit in my carry on.

It makes travelling with clubs so much easier that I can't imagine going back to a bag without that tech. I would hold out and see if you can find a deal. Mine is some ugly digicamo blue color, but it is distinct, was cheap and one of the top 3 golf related buys I have ever made.

Anyone with a ClubGlider Meridian travel bag know if a 9.5" staff bag will fit?

Anyone with a ClubGlider Meridian travel bag know if a 9.5" staff bag will fit?

I believe the Meridian is the smaller one I have. If that is the case, no it will not.

I believe the Meridian is the smaller one I have. If that is the case, no it will not.

Thanks. Sounds like the Tour Series bag is the one I need.

Just went on the Sun Mountain website and the internal dimensions for all 3 of the ClubGlider travel bags (Journey, Meridian and Tour Series) have identical internal storage dimensions of 52" x 14" x 14". Measured my staff bag and it looks like I'll need 17" travel bag.

I'm a bit surprised that none of the ClubGlider bags will accommodate a staff bag.

Looks like all of my future travels will have to be with my Ping Pioneer II cart bag if I decide to go with the ClubGlider travel bag.

I have a soft shelled Bag Boy that protects my clubs extremely well and has enough extra room so that I can pack everything I need for a golf trip in it if I choose!

I got my Meridian a bit earlier this winter and I put my clubs in it to see how everything fit. I have a Nike Air Hybrid stand bag and it was a pretty snug fit.

Anyone know if an Ogio Silencer Cart bag will fit in the Meridian?

Anyone know if an Ogio Silencer Cart bag will fit in the Meridian?

It should. I don't know exact dimensions, but I fit a decent sized cart bag in mine last trip.

It should. I don't know exact dimensions, but I fit a decent sized cart bag in mine last trip.

Thanks JB, last question for anyone here…

Has anyone used or seen the Tour model? I can get it for the same price as the Meridian so am wondering if it's worth it. I don't want some useless feature that was added, but sacrifice durability/protection. I checked the Sun Mountain website and it's not crystal clear what the differences are.

Super valid point. I'm curious, and I haven't read through the entire thread, but why the recommendation of soft cases over hard?
I have the Space Saver 5017 Staff Golf Travel Case from SKB and have had no issues. I prefer the hard case over the soft case because they are worry free (minus lost/theft) for protection. IMO I spend way too much money on my golf equipment to worry about the luggage handlers and their treatment of bags. Just one person's opinion.

Thanks JB, last question for anyone here…

Has anyone used or seen the Tour model? I can get it for the same price as the Meridian so am wondering if it's worth it. I don't want some useless feature that was added, but sacrifice durability/protection. I checked the Sun Mountain website and it's not crystal clear what the differences are.

Its a heavier bag. Features an external pocket and has an overall tougher feel to it.

Its a heavier bag. Features an external pocket and has an overall tougher feel to it.

Thanks! Just trying to decide between the Meridian and Tour at this point.

Here's a quick summary of the 3 ClubGlider bags...

Journey
MSRP: $230
Weight: 10.7 lbs.
Pockets: 2 Interior Access Only
Interior Dimensions: 52"x14"x14"
Fabric: 120 Denier Polyester
Colour Choices: 2

Meridian
MSRP: $290
Weight: 11.3 lbs.
Pockets: 2 Exterior Access Only
Fabric: Ballistic-Styple Nylon
Colour Choices: 8

Tour Series
MSRP: $330
Weight: 13.2 lbs.
Fabric: Vinyl

The only differences is the price, pocket layout, colour choices and material construction.

The important thing to note is that the interior space are all the same and none of these travel bags will accommodate a Staff Bag.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I had an ogio soft bag. It was ok. I used a stiff arm and took the heads off, padded it with clothing etc. after a direct flight to the west coast it came of the place with a small tear but otherwise in good shape. I was in Playitagain and found an sks for 49 bucks. It is bulky but I don't worry about them. That is a sturdy case.

I have the tour version and it's an awesome bag. Was able to fit my Bennington qo-14 in it and that isn't a small cart bag. It's also pretty heavy and I was well under the limit even with the weight difference. If you can get it at the same price, I definitely recommend getting the tour version.

Just went on the Sun Mountain website and the internal dimensions for all 3 of the ClubGlider travel bags (Journey, Meridian and Tour Series) have identical internal storage dimensions of 52" x 14" x 14". Measured my staff bag and it looks like I'll need 17" travel bag.

I'm a bit surprised that none of the ClubGlider bags will accommodate a staff bag.

Looks like all of my future travels will have to be with my Ping Pioneer II cart bag if I decide to go with the ClubGlider travel bag.

Here's a quick summary of the 3 ClubGlider bags...

Journey
MSRP: $230
Weight: 10.7 lbs.
Pockets: 2 Interior Access Only
Fabric: 120 Denier Polyester

Meridian
MSRP: $290
Weight: 11.3 lbs.
Fabric: Ballistic-Styple Nylon
Colour Choices: 8

Tour Series
MSRP: $330
Weight: 13.2 lbs.
Fabric: Vinyl

The only differences is the price, pocket layout, colour choices and material construction.

The important thing to note is that the interior space are all the same and none of these travel bags will accommodate a Staff Bag.

Hope that helps.
That's interesting since I've traveled with a staff bag in my tour series about 7 times.

That's interesting since I've traveled with a staff bag in my tour series about 7 times.

My 9.5" tour bag measures 17" - 17.5" at it's wides point.

Was yours a tight/crush fit?

My 9.5" tour bag measures 17" - 17.5" at it's wides point.

Was yours a tight/crush fit?
Nope. Zipped just fine. Full sized cobra staffer in it several times as well as a Bridgestone mini staffer.

Best travel bag?

I have the tour version and it's an awesome bag. Was able to fit my Bennington qo-14 in it and that isn't a small cart bag. It's also pretty heavy and I was well under the limit even with the weight difference. If you can get it at the same price, I definitely recommend getting the tour version.

I pulled the trigger on the Meridian yesterday after calling SM customer service. They said the tour, while durable, is easier to puncture. The tone made it sound like he's seen it happen once or twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Zipped just fine. Full sized cobra staffer in it several times as well as a Bridgestone mini staffer.

Thanks. I'll use my Ping bag if the staff bag doesn't fit.

Had to give this thread a bump because I was gifted a Top Flight travel bag for christmas and while I appreciated the gesture, after reading reviews online there is no way I'm traveling with it. Kicking myself for waiting so long, but I just figured it would be fine, clearly that is not the case. So of course I did a search here and came across this thread. Only problem is I'm guessing I'm only going to get store credit because its after 30 days and after reading this thread I'm looking at club gliders which aren't carried in store. :banghead:

Had to give this thread a bump because I was gifted a Top Flight travel bag for christmas and while I appreciated the gesture, after reading reviews online there is no way I'm traveling with it. Kicking myself for waiting so long, but I just figured it would be fine, clearly that is not the case. So of course I did a search here and came across this thread. Only problem is I'm guessing I'm only going to get store credit because its after 30 days and after reading this thread I'm looking at club gliders which aren't carried in store. :banghead:

That sucks dude. Bar none the best travel bag on the market (Club Glider) and though there are a LOT of "good" ones out there like the Ogio Monster, I enjoy my Callaway and W/S ones as well, they still aren't Club Gliders. Sun Mountain absolutely killed it with these.

That sucks dude. Bar none the best travel bag on the market (Club Glider) and though there are a LOT of "good" ones out there like the Ogio Monster, I enjoy my Callaway and W/S ones as well, they still aren't Club Gliders. Sun Mountain absolutely killed it with these.

Agreed. Let a buddy borrow mine and probably made another sale for SM.

Due to the recommendations of this site, the Club Glider was amazing on my trip to AZ last year. So easy to transport around the airport. It can literally be moved with a single finger across an airport. I didn't use any extra arms to protect my clubs or anything and it was perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back