The Official 2016 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true on all of that. But it's to the point where it's impossible to defend any positive test result for Gordon. He already used second hand smoke as his last defense

Its a shame too, because they were looking forward to having his QB deliver him the ball. The problem I have is the whole thing is murky, but I agree, its hard to defend. Its not hard to not be around pot. Its just not. No matter who you are.

Very true on all of that. But it's to the point where it's impossible to defend any positive test result for Gordon. He already used second hand smoke as his last defense

Seeing how he has no credibility given his history, I'd say he'll have a hard time pushing whatever murky circumstances exist as his defense for the failed test. It's a shame too, because the dude is a beast.

Its a shame too, because they were looking forward to having his QB deliver him the ball. The problem I have is the whole thing is murky, but I agree, its hard to defend. Its not hard to not be around pot. Its just not. No matter who you are.

I think the league agrees that it's murky because they haven't really said anything about it. It explains why he hasn't been reinstated but if it was cut and dry a failed test they would have done something to him by now. Even if it was just a denial of his reinstatement

I think the league agrees that it's murky because they haven't really said anything about it. It explains why he hasn't been reinstated but if it was cut and dry a failed test they would have done something to him by now. Even if it was just a denial of his reinstatement

Agreed. Im not involved in any way anymore, but there was a case way back when involving a player we worked with at the time. This player was constantly in a mess with women. I mean constantly. It was once a season, having to have someone deliver a bag of money to go away because they were pregnant, confused or something else. And of course the player was married, with children and living the perfect superstar life to the media.

In todays day and age, that guy is outed, but back then, it was the way it was. But when he demanded a trade (and then said in the media he didn't want to be traded because of the fans), the team was happy to move him, despite being a solid player. There just comes a point in time where trust is gone.

Agreed. Im not involved in any way anymore, but there was a case way back when involving a player we worked with at the time. This player was constantly in a mess with women. I mean constantly. It was once a season, having to have someone deliver a bag of money to go away because they were pregnant, confused or something else. And of course the player was married, with children and living the perfect superstar life to the media.

In todays day and age, that guy is outed, but back then, it was the way it was. But when he demanded a trade (and then said in the media he didn't want to be traded because of the fans), the team was happy to move him, despite being a solid player. There just comes a point in time where trust is gone.

I can see why you got out of that line of work. What a POS

There is this tiny little itch in the back of my head now desperately wanting to know who this said player is haha.

Lol Josh Gordon failed yet another drug test. Tested positive for marijuana. What an absolute waste

This one is really murky, based on the test. However I will say this. If you are Josh Gordon, and I am just thinking out loud here, but why on earth would you be hanging out with Johnny Manziel.
Not only was it a positive test, yes under the allowable limit, it also tested positive for dilute. Both samples. So not only was the smokin' he was trying to cheat the system. The dude is an effin' idiot. He had the world laid at his feet and he can't pass up grass for a few years. I've never smoked it, but I can't imagine it's worth throwing away millions if dollars for.

I agree JB. JM is the last dude I'd want to be associated with right now. He is a lightening rod for attention.

Man of man just read up on the Gordon nonsense, freaking idiot

Does nobody else find it strange that Johnny Manziel says he is living with Von Miller in LA....But he is not living with Von Miller in LA? Then he goes on about partying, and such. If he is signed by a team, I will be really surprised at this point.

Does nobody else find it strange that Johnny Manziel says he is living with Von Miller in LA....But he is not living with Von Miller in LA? Then he goes on about partying, and such. If he is signed by a team, I will be really surprised at this point.

And then I heard yesterday he was actually living with Gordon lol

And then I heard yesterday he was actually living with Gordon lol

Did you see the TMZ video of Manziel? Dude appears to be hitting the sauce hard.

The Cowboys don't even want him.....what does that tell the rest of the teams in the league! :confused2:

Now I see a report that the Cowboys are looking for a QB after the 1st round and Cardale Jones is high on the list. Was Quincy Carter recently assigned to the scouting team and I missed it?! :confused2:

There is once again a dearth of starting-caliber QBs in the league. I'd love to see the Packers work Brett Hundley hard in the preseason and have him available as trade-bait this season or next winter.

Did you see the TMZ video of Manziel? Dude appears to be hitting the sauce hard.
At this point, one has to wonder if there really isn't just something wrong with him. Is the kid mentally ill? Because he isn't acting sane by any acceptable standard.

At this point, one has to wonder if there really isn't just something wrong with him. Is the kid mentally ill? Because he isn't acting sane by any acceptable standard.

Daddy has money and will continue to raise him. I think he does have some issues. Hopefully he figures it out before he completely throws his life away.

Raise your hand if you're surprised? I'm only surprised it took them this long to deny it. Unless they were waiting to see if he'd trip himself up and he did. Wonder if that car dealer in Cleveland still has a sales desk for him? I think he'll need it for a little while longer.

It's interesting that he hasn't been completely blackballed like Justin Blackmon was in Jacksonville.

Sportscenter is reporting the Titans traded the #1 pick to the Rams.

Wow the Titans drop all the way down to 15 but get the Rams two 2nd round picks this year and their 3rd round pick plus the Rams 1st and 3rd next year

Wow the Titans drop all the way down to 15 but get the Rams two 2nd round picks this year and their 3rd round pick plus the Rams 1st and 3rd next year
I think the Titans made out in this deal. The question is who do the Rams want so bad at 1

I think the Titans made out in this deal. The question is who do the Rams want so bad at 1

Yeah I am a huge fan of this trade for us. We are more than a inexperienced lineman or a safety away from the playoffs. A lot of holes to fill and now we have 6 picks in the top 76 picks to fill those holes.

It will be interesting to see if it's Carson Wentz or Goff for the Rams because you have to believe that they went up for the QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back