Bryson DeChambeau Signs with Cobra PUMA Golf

Is it bad I want that hat?

Personally I think this is a fantastic partnership. It was expensive and if he turns out to be half the player, they get something solid. I have heard a few times things such as "He doesn't seem to fit their message". Im genuinely curious what is their message as its perceived? Because I think people are still tying it to loud and flashy from Amp line with Poulter when in reality the last couple of years, their message has been all about forward thinking technology.

I think getting another major player having clubs in their big (outside of Fowler, its not much) adds to that stable of seen on TV.

I'm liking this pairing. Bryson has style and charisma. Those qualities seem shared by other pros at Cobra including Rickie Fowler, Lexi Thompson and Blair O'Neill to name just a few. To me, it's a good fit on the style end with Puma and I know Cobra has great R&D and good equipment, so I'm sure the equipment will be a good match too.

I like it. Nothing normal about him, Cobra or Puma.

I think it's an interesting pairing. I can think of one other company that would have been a good fit as well as far as image and message, but I know there's a whole lot more to it than that. I hope it works out well for both sides.

Personally I think this is a fantastic partnership. It was expensive and if he turns out to be half the player, they get something solid. I have heard a few times things such as "He doesn't seem to fit their message". Im genuinely curious what is their message as its perceived? Because I think people are still tying it to loud and flashy from Amp line with Poulter when in reality the last couple of years, their message has been all about forward thinking technology.

I think getting another major player having clubs in their big (outside of Fowler, its not much) adds to that stable of seen on TV.
I think the message cobra/puma had with Rickie pushed the envelope so much away from traditional that many fail to realize that over the last few years cobra has started to have multiple "messages" which in my opinion a well rounded golf company should have. Big fan of what they have been doing the last few years.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think the message cobra/puma had with Rickie pushed the envelope so much away from traditional that many fail to realize that over the last few years cobra has started to have multiple "messages" which in my opinion a well rounds golf company should have. Big fan of what they have been doing the last few years.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This is a good point. As a brand, they have a unique situation with the apparel and equipment being intertwined a bit more than others with the same. Because they have put out some extremely classic clubs over the last couple of years and beaten some of the big boys to the punch on technology for a while now.

i think think it's the apparel angle more than anything. bryson is athletic, but his style from what i've seen doesn't scream puma to me.

and the clubs thing, they're so specific to him that it almost seems like anybody could make them.

ultimately, he will be on tv, with big logos splayed all over everything, and that's good for the brand. and i agree, you can't build an empire on one golfer who while tremendously talented and popular isn't known for crushing the competition like bryson did in his am days.

This wasn't a shocker, many of us knew this was coming. This should be a partnership between the two.

if Cobra puts out 'his' set of irons... im gonna have to try them out

I am in the same boat as you here, I'd love to see what they come up with

I really like the fit here, with the direction Cobra has been going with there equipment, putting out something for everyone and doing a well thought out combo iron set. I really don't think a single length set of irons is outside their wheelhouse, whether it's just for Bryson or mass produced. They have the potential to knock it out of the park and I think they have they staff to do it. Style wise I think he'll mesh very well with Puma also.

Cobra is loading up with some solid reps.

Will be cool to see his scriptings more than anything for me.

Just as I was starting to like cobra/puma golf again this happens. Oh well. If it brings more people to golf then it's a win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

432a65fc13d73594f1c93a904f31108c.jpg

0e1456d4e8460544814c605cfc9aac3c.jpg

3011ea5984cb4a255c264999fd550964.jpg

ce76cf03fb51a792a07a630a799688b5.jpg

26a301b76162d1cbdf43f4b04fb6d674.jpg

Awesome signing. I've been waiting for this to be official

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if those are gamers or a mock up? No putter sighting either, any word on that yet or sticking with Edel?

Dude has a sweet signature. Great pickup for CPG

Not a surprise, but I am extremely interested to see what comes from the partnership.

This will be a good combo with him and Rickie.

Back