THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

January 1st, I was at 16.7... and right now, I'm at 16.8. I've had some good rounds, a few average rounds and a bunch of "have you played this game before" type of rounds.

I suppose my revised goal is to be around a 16 or so heading into July. I wanted to be about 15, but playing how I have been... that seems really unlikely. Gotta get rid of those triple-digit scores if I want to see my handicap drop.

I started the year at 17 and I'm trending up to 17.3 after starting the year off pretty rough. I'm starting to hit the ball a lot better so I expect to be in the low teens by July. Even thought I'm not on the Carolina team, I practicing like I am, you never no what could come up between now and then.

Started at 23.8. I think that will soon be 24+. I do have my lesson this weekend though, my miss has been fairly consistent, if we can get that worked out hopefully it will get better. My goal this season is to get below 20.

A little, err ... motivation for the DMV'ers. :wink:

hazardsdemotivator.jpeg

What are these Hazards you speak of?

A little, err ... motivation for the DMV'ers. :wink:

hazardsdemotivator.jpeg

Don't worry Duce...I'll bring plenty of extra balls you can borrow.

Did some range work today concentrating on green side pitching and chipping. Freshly aerated greens made for some interesting bounces and roll out but contact was solid.

I'm hovering around 17. I really struggle around the greens when the grass is dormant and soft. I tend or stab at it, decelerate and get chunky.

Had a lesson today. My game is coming along nicely.

We'll find out Sunday

I think you need to keep me abreast. You know the old saying. Keep your friends close and your frenemies closer hahaha

I think you need to keep me abreast. You know the old saying. Keep your friends close and your frenemies closer hahaha

Lol I got you, full scouting report coming in May when he moves down there... Of course Ron could pay me and I'll give you fake info haha

I already told you I'm going to be super hungover.

Not if you keep drinking haha

Looks like you've been practicing the excuses too. :)

I'm already in his head

Lol I got you, full scouting report coming in May when he moves down there... Of course Ron could pay me and I'll give you fake info haha

Not if you keep drinking haha

I'm already in his head

How do you know my A game and hungover game aren't the same thing.

How do you know my A game and hungover game aren't the same thing.

I hope your hungover game is your A game because it will be an epic battle on a phenomenal course and a true test of your competitive mettle.

Just don't puke on my shoes :alien:

We're into the season about a month....how are the Handicaps looking?

I started at 10.6 and I'm up to 10.8

Started out at 15.9, down to 15.4. That includes some rounds on very tough courses in very tough conditions. Of course, after not hitting it to well at Compass Wednesday, more work is definitely needed!

Spent about 1.5 hours chipping and putting last night. There are 3 pins cut on the practice chipping green I was at, I chipped in on each hole from different lengths using 3 different clubs. That was pretty cool IMO. I only putt for 15 minutes, it felt like I was really dialed in too, so I stopped. Didn't want to incorporate any thoughts that didn't need to be there. Playing Stonehouse Monday afternoon, another Strantz gem. Curious to see if the greens roll like RNK.

Got 2 medium buckets on the range today, and nearly an hour putting. After working on my new Titleist 915 D2 driver, I hit mostly low trajectory shots. The wind was blowing fairly hard directly into me, so I made sense. The 3 iron stinger was working well in both directions, as were knock down wedges. Good day.

We're into the season about a month....how are the Handicaps looking?

I started at 10.6 and I'm up to 10.8

Stayed the same at 7.2. Been a lot going on recently, so I haven't been able to get out and play and practice as much as I would like.

I will say my last round I played with rentals--Callaway XR Pros throughout the game and was really impressed with the Project X shaft in the driver and fairway. First time hitting the LZ and came away super impressed. I haven't paid as much attention to Project X shafts as I should, especially with the new HZRDUS line but those are definitely on my radar now.

Played the Bridges in PA yesterday. Shot a 92, which wasn't awful considering the greens were recovering from aeration and we're very firm & inconsistent. Front nine was a bit rough, but got it together on the back. Drove the ball well, distance (for me!) As well as accuracy. My irons were off some, which usually I don't deal with too often. Was hanging them out to the right for some reason, which I never do...

Massage & chiropractic this week - can't wait for Saturday!

Back