Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only thing I hit worse than my hybrid is my fairway wood... so I don't think this is the way to go for me. do they even make them for lefties?

I can't hit a fairway off the deck for toffee. I can clear trees off the deck with my heavenwood it's that easy to hit.

Scotty X5R will be in my bag today once Golf Mart opens :D

XR16 driver head.

Hit the XR16 at the Portland golf show. Not my cup of tea, but it's a great club.

Looking at a 915 driver.

I will definitely be buying new irons soon. Though I'm returning for another fitting session next week, I think I've narrowed my preferences down to the Cobra King F6's and the Ping G's. It's just a choice between the 2, as well as what shafts.

I've got my eye on a Bridgestone JGR 3 wood on eBay. Decisions, decisions.

4 or 5 drivers at the moment... That number may shrink or grow tomorrow.

Played with a friend today who just traded his G30 for a new G driver. We had a clear hole behind us, so after hitting his tee shot with the G, I let him hit another with my G30 for comparison purposes. The 2nd shot was straighter and about 10 yards longer. For some odd reason, he got irritated when I said he might have wasted $400.

I bet dude. Keep crushing the coverage and have fun man.

XR16. Just because.

I need to buy this. Without a doubt, it's a great club. I wish I could have seen my actual flight instead of what CG was showing
39eea2277c769f687d897e84e243237c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105s for the CF 16s :D

haha, we better start checking flight monies.... Although we know I don't do downtown TexasTaylor.

I don't live downtown! Google Lower Greenvile. We can have fun and play golf.. And eat tacos

I really shouldn't but I'm thinking about the RTX 2.0. 50* CB and 56/60.

Basically, I am all over the place with hybrids and woods, I could be 50 yards left right or short. With irons I can be short some times, but rarely more than 10-15 yards offline

For what it's worth, it sounds like you aren't swinging your hybrids the same way you swing your irons. To be more specific, these are some common examples of this you can use as checkpoints.

- Trying to sweep or lift the ball. Use the same angle of attack as your medium to long irons.
- Trying to kill it. Sometimes with these clubs we try to hit them as far as possible, rather than at 80% and let the club do what it was designed to do.
- Trying to manipulate the club during the swing. Now this one may NOT be different than with your irons. But because of the extra mass and length of hybrids and woods you can't manipulate them as easily as irons and/or they'll make it harder for you to transfer weight and keep your balance if your swing isn't smooth and well balanced in the first place.

I'm going to buy an XR16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back