Wiliamsburg National - Yorktown Course, VA

Craig Mac

Reaction score
The last two weekends I have had the pleasure of playing at Wiliamsburg National - Yorktown Course, in Williamsburg VA. The course opened last year, and I have played the sister course there, The Jamestown Course, many times. I recieved and email that the course was offering a $40 rate on either course for October so I decided to make a tee time. Let me tell you the course is amazing, a great layout, tough but fair. The bunkers were more strategically place to reflect the change in equipment, as in...no flying over the bunkers with your driver here. Greens were in great shape, on the fast side and putts could get away from you. The back nine finishes with 3 par 5's in six holes, varying from short to long. Overall I really like this course, well except for the tricked out par three on the back that has a 6 foot 45 degree slope right in the middle of the green. We watched a guy five putt as he could not get his ball up the slope, it was hard to watch. But all in all a great course that I would highly recomend.

If you head up towards Williamsburg again go a little farther north to Toano and check out Kiskiak and my favorite Stonehouse.

I love both of these courses. Have you ever played Royal New Kent?

Played in a charity event at Kiskiak a couple weeks ago. Stonehouse is great and it will frustrate you, Royal New Kent is just brutal! There is no let up and tons of blind shots. We played Brickshire in the morning and RNK in the afternoon one day. RNK is an amazing peice of land!

Royal%20New%20Kent%207.jpg

48061191-14132802.jpg

Wow, those are amazing.

I really need to get out of town for a road trip, maybe in the spring...

Man I need to drive farther out than Williamsburg... furthest (north)west i have been golfing is Ford's Colony in October, which was really nice... but the National and RNK sound awesome! Craig where is RNK located?

Man I need to drive farther out than Williamsburg... furthest (north)west i have been golfing is Ford's Colony in October, which was really nice... but the National and RNK sound awesome! Craig where is RNK located?

RNK is in New Kent County about 30 minutes South of Richmond. It is right behind Colonial Downs, you can actually see the track from a few of the holes.

Back