The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1461299_645815455456513_688079863_n.jpg

I could be completely wrong in assuming this, but all of these young guys that get picked for the MC and all of these big events, while it's awesome that they get picked to do it, it's hard for me to believe they can honestly afford it.. I mean, airfair, hotels, food, drinks, entry fees, rental car(?). seems kinda careless on their part.. maybe this just isn't my place to talk, but I figured I'd say something..

I could be completely wrong in assuming this, but all of these young guys that get picked for the MC and all of these big events, while it's awesome that they get picked to do it, but it's hard for me to believe they can honestly afford it.. I mean, airfair, hotels, food, drinks, entry fees, rental car(?)... maybe this just isn't my place to talk, but I figured I'd say something..

Huh? I haven't exactly seen a ton of pups picked. What's your idea of a "young guy" if you don't mind me asking? Truly curious.

I could be completely wrong in assuming this, but all of these young guys that get picked for the MC and all of these big events, while it's awesome that they get picked to do it, it's hard for me to believe they can honestly afford it.. I mean, airfair, hotels, food, drinks, entry fees, rental car(?). seems kinda careless on their part.. maybe this just isn't my place to talk, but I figured I'd say something..
im not sure it's anyone's business if they can or can't afford it. But if it comes down to someone needing money to live this dream, they will find a way.

Huh? I haven't exactly seen a ton of pups picked. What's your idea of a "young guy" if you don't mind me asking? Truly curious.

well I don't want to name names but it just seems a few of the guys picked to do these events seem younger, maybe have kids, and probably don't have the money to spend on it, just aren't thinking that through when they entered... like I said though, this could be completely not my place to be talking..

well I don't want to name names but it just seems a few of the guys picked to do these events seem younger and probably don't have the money to spend on it, just aren't thinking that through when they entered... like I said though, this could be completely not my place to be talking..

Didn't ask for names, I'm talking age. What is your consideration of "young guy". Again, genuinely curious.

Jesse may look like a pup, but he's a little older than his boyish looks indicate hahaha

well I don't want to name names but it just seems a few of the guys picked to do these events seem younger, maybe have kids, and probably don't have the money to spend on it, just aren't thinking that through when they entered... like I said though, this could be completely not my place to be talking..
Im younger.

I have kids.

I worked my ass off through College and my career to make myself successful put myself in a financial position to be able to afford the things in life that I want.

Didn't ask for names, I'm talking age. What is your consideration of "young guy". Again, genuinely curious.

Jesse may look like a pup, but he's a little older than his boyish looks indicate hahaha
And Jesse works his FREAKING TAIL off, as do his lady.

idunno,
mid-20's and under.. maybe even a bit more than that..

I assume you have walked a mile in their moccasins?

You seem to be assuming a lot. And as a younger guy who hasn't been entering, it's boarder line insuring to me.

Im younger.

I have kids.

I worked my ass off through College and my career to make myself successful put myself in a financial position to be able to afford the things in life that I want.

aren't you in your 30's? I wouldn't consider that younger. I wouldn't consider it older, but I wouldn't consider it younger.

Im younger.

I have kids.

Wait wait wait...THATS why I worked to have a career? Whodathunkit?

And Jesse works his FREAKING TAIL off, as do his lady.

Yes they do. They really do.

aren't you in your 30's? I wouldn't consider that younger. I wouldn't consider it older, but I wouldn't consider it younger.

I recently turned 30.

idunno,
mid-20's and under.. maybe even a bit more than that..

Its about having a career dude. It why we grow up and but our asses to achieve things, so we can do things we enjoy, like affording THP events.

I assume you have walked a mile in their moccasins?

You seem to be assuming a lot. And as a younger guy who hasn't been entering, it's boarder line insuring to me.

no, never said I did. I just made an observation and was voicing my opinion on it.

Like I said, not my place to be talking, I guess that was correct.

Im a man. Im 30!

Im not young. I would love nothing more to be faced with how do I pay for it....cause that would mean I was selected.... It comes down to where there's a will there's a way. Is this really about who can afford what. Or is this envy speaking... Just asking

oh if I were selected I could afford it.... Just covering that base

Im not young. I would love nothing more to be faced with how do I pay for it....cause that would mean I was selected.... It comes down to where there's a will there's a way. Is this really about who can afford what. Or is this envy speaking... Just asking

oh if I were selected I could afford it.... Just covering that base
no, not envy. I mean, yes, I would like to be selected, but I did not enter in any contest simply because I knew I couldn't afford it.

Oh wait.

I bought a pair of old man slippers today as a Christmas gift for myself, today.

I'm old.

Oh wait.

I bought a pair of old man slippers today as a Christmas gift for myself, today.

I'm old.
Lol, but did they have the sticky bottoms so you would be stable on your feet? Like the hospital sock things

I think he's just thinking out loud. No need to jump on him guys. Questions are always welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back