Except for tail wind, which strong wind direction would you prefer?

Except for tail wind, which strong wind direction would you prefer?

• Battle a head wind

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Battle a right to left cross wind

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Battle a left to right cross wind

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
So your playing with a sustained strong and at times gusting wind. Overall it is well more than enough to have a strong affect on ball flight.
I assume its fair to say most would prefer a tail wind for obvious reasons. So lets remove that one from the equation.
And lets also say this is for a pretty basic forward shots.
Which wind type would you rather battle? A head wind? across left to right? or across right to left?
Would you rather lose the distance but be able to keep it straighter? or battle the direction with much less distance loss?.
I assume some may actually prefer not to battle the direction thing. Just curious.

I choose none. Is that an option?

If I had to choose, probably right to left wind. My miss tends to be a fade/slice. So it could help reduce that I guess.

I prefer a pretty good jet stream. At 10km above the earth it doesn't really prove problematic for my game at all ...

Side wind that follows my normal ball flight. I just aim farther right.

Cross wind doesn't bother me that much, so cross win in either direction would be my choice.

I typically fade the ball, so a cross wind from right to left I can judge it to basically play straight.

For me easily a head wind because I can club up.

Tailwinds are only fun off of the tee. Into a green, I hate them. Give me headwind all day everyday, if I had to choose.

I'm not a huge fan of a tail wind in general - I feel like it affects each of my clubs differently, and I have trouble with distance control. I guess I'd take with or against my normal ball flight, and either aim more or less left to compensate.

Right to left for me, for many reasons.

I HATE ALL wind. But if I had to, I'd take a right to left cross wind. Tail winds are fun off the tee, but into greens they wreck havoc on me. If it's too windy, I'll just hit the range.

I'd rather just deal with a straight headwind. I'd rather have to just club up or keep the ball down than try to hit it more left or right to make up for it.

Hate headwinds off the tee. I'd rather be faced with a cross wind in most cases. Either direction I can work with.

Right to left for me. I can play a fade into it and be just fine. Even if I mess up and hit a draw it doesn't effect it like a left to right destroys a fade.

I'd prefer a right to left wind. Yes, I fade/slice.

I prefer left to right as I draw/hook the ball and that wind would not hurt me as much.

Right to left. Protect the slice.

I prefer left to right as I draw/hook the ball and that wind would not hurt me as much.
Same here. With the windy conditions I played in today, these were the easiest to work in.

If I had to pick one...left to right wind to fight my hook (that I never hit high enough to catch said wind).

I play a draw which sometimes turn into a hook so give me the left to right wind to help combat my right to left ball flight.

I prefer a right to left and tailwind. As I do not play much in the wind I need to get use to all conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Head wind. Would rather just have to club up.

I'll take the head wind. I can always club up to what is needed.

Just give me a crosswind that doesn't vacillate between helping and hurting every 2 seconds - those can make distance control very difficult. Those are the kinds of winds that we see at #12 @ Augusta and can make pros miss wildly with 9-irons!

Well I haven't been slicing ball to bad but it I had to choose, I would go slight right to left

Back