Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

Luckily, with my new home course being Titleist exclusive I got to tinker around with these a bit this past week.

I have to admit, the SM4 and SM5 did nothing for me, but these are different. Aesthetically I know the variable CG based on loft has been done before, but it looks badass. As usually, they have that Vokey feel and the perfomrance really seemed to be there. I was honestly impressed.
I'd be shocked if most didn't like these. I've been a vokey Homer for awhile now, but I have to admit these just look and seem to feel way better than the 4s and 5s did. The black and steel grey looks wise are just fantastic.

I'd be shocked if most didn't like these. I've been a vokey Homer for awhile now, but I have to admit these just look and seem to feel way better than the 4s and 5s did. The black and steel grey looks wise are just fantastic.

I was impressed. I actually prefer the look of the satin still, but I'm that way with most things, they just wear better IMO.

I was impressed. I actually prefer the look of the satin still, but I'm that way with most things, they just wear better IMO.
Oh absolutely they do. I actually don't mind the black wearing to the chrome on the face I think it looks cool, as long as you can do it with a consistent wear pattern lol.

Oh absolutely they do. I actually don't mind the black wearing to the chrome on the face I think it looks cool, as long as you can do it with a consistent wear pattern lol.

Precisely why I always go lighter finish on my wedges. Your dime size is a silver dollar for me LOL

And that right there is a problem! absolutely love the black finish in these but the wear pattern later due to my inconsistencies would drive me mad!

Precisely why I always go lighter finish on my wedges. Your dime size is a silver dollar for me LOL
Haha I wish it was dime sized!!
And that right there is a problem! absolutely love the black finish in these but the wear pattern later due to my inconsistencies would drive me mad!
Haha I totally feel you there dude.

I would almost go the other way. Previously people said "dont mess with the look" when other brands came out with something different because they loved the classic that was Vokey. Now they are doing things that look different (although other brands do it) and I think there will be some that say they prefer the older style. These look, feel and sound different than previous Vokeys to me in some pretty thorough testing.

I would almost go the other way. Previously people said "dont mess with the look" when other brands came out with something different because they loved the classic that was Vokey. Now they are doing things that look different (although other brands do it) and I think there will be some that say they prefer the older style. These look, feel and sound different than previous Vokeys to me in some pretty thorough testing.
Actually, after looking at it from that point of view I couldn't agree more. They look different in just about every way. I think they appear to have a more compact look at address. They to me anyways have a more muted thud rather than the click I was used to which in turn makes them "feel" softer. Again just my opinion in my short time with them so far. But I could totally see those that like that classic wedge look, looking at other options because of the newer look to them.

I agree. These do "feel" better than the SM5's . But I prefer the look of the SM6. Performance though, side by side, I didn't see a large enough performance increase to warrant a change if you're gaming the SM5. But if looks and feel are a priority then it's a no brainier. And/or your due for a wedge replacement then these are lookers no doubt!

I've used vokeys for al of the last 12-15yrs. Just games my new 56 / 60 for the first time.

All I can say is wow. They feel, spin, look and perform better than all my previous models. I completely disagree with people that are saying the sound and feel are different than previous models however. The look is different but they are incredible through one round and quite a bit of range play.

#VokeyOn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Actually, after looking at it from that point of view I couldn't agree more. They look different in just about every way. I think they appear to have a more compact look at address. They to me anyways have a more muted thud rather than the click I was used to which in turn makes them "feel" softer. Again just my opinion in my short time with them so far. But I could totally see those that like that classic wedge look, looking at other options because of the newer look to them.

My sand wedge is a SM4, ( a gift ) and I hate it because of that 'click" sound / feel. My LW is a TM tour preferred ATV, and I love how that feels. If this wedge is more like that, I may check it out - they look fantastic!

Last edited:
I've used vokeys for al of the last 12-15yrs. Just games my new 56 / 60 for the first time.

All I can say is wow. They feel, sound, spin, look and perform better than all my previous models. I completely disagree with people that are saying the sound and feel are different than previous models. The look is different but they are incredible through one rebound and quite a bit of range play.

#VokeyOn

Now it could be my lack of sleep, but read the two bolded sentences in this post.

Now it could be my lack of sleep, but read the two bolded sentences in this post.

Not sure what you're questioning? I said they are better in all of those things. I didn't however say they were all that entirely different with sound and feel from my previous models, just better.

I think you're tired.

The price point on these bother me. Not sure why, but it does.

My sand wedge is a SM4, ( a gift ) and I hate it because of that 'click" sound / feel. My LW is a TM tour preferred ATV, and I love how that feels. If this wedge is more like that, I may check it out - they look fantastic!
Let me know of your thoughts if you get to test them out!

Glad I wasn't the only one...

Not sure what you're questioning? I said they are better in all of those things. I didn't however say they were all that entirely different with sound and feel from my previous models, just better. I think you're tired. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think what he's saying is that if you think they are 'better' then by definition, they're 'different'. Yet you disagree with others that say they're different (presumably in a negative way). But both you and others seem to agree that there is a difference.

Glad I wasn't the only one...

Apparently if I say they are way better in all facets....that implies they are way different too? Serious question....

I think what he's saying is that if you think they are 'better' then by definition, they're 'different'. Yet you disagree with others that say they're different (presumably in a negative way). But both you and others seem to agree that there is a difference.

There's a difference in look....not sound or feel. Nothing negative here about anyone's opinion. Just think it's funny that because they are "better", they MUsT be different. That doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense either....

Apparently if I say they are way better in all facets....that implies they are way different too? Serious question....

There's a difference in look....not sound or feel. Nothing negative here about anyone's opinion. Just think it's funny that because they are "better", they MUsT be different. That doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense either....

I'm not saying you're wrong everyone's opinion is correct there's no wrong opinion but saying something is better in all aspects but doesn't feel or sound different just seems a bit contradicting. But again that's your opinion and it's not wrong you may feel it feels and sounds the same where I may not. I guess the way I read it I took it differently than the way you intended is all. Not saying you're wrong by any means.

The price point on these bother me. Not sure why, but it does.
Retail price is definitely high there's no question about that, but there's deal to be had on them.

I'm not saying you're wrong everyone's opinion is correct there's no wrong opinion but saying something is better in all aspects but doesn't feel or sound different just seems a bit contradicting. But again that's your opinion and it's not wrong you may feel it feels and sounds the same where I may not. I guess the way I read it I took it differently than the way you intended is all. Not saying you're wrong by any means.

Understood. Just wanting to make sure my original statement wasn't convoluted any more than how I wrote it. Which I suppose was a bit confusing. Nothin contentious from my end either

How exactly does something sound better, but sound no different at the same time?

Mind. Blown.

All I can say is wow. They spin, look and perform better than all my previous models. I completely disagree with people that are saying the sound and feel are different than previous models however. The look is different but they are incredible through one round and quite a bit of range play.

#VokeyOn

FIFY..since so many can't comprehend something so simple.

Understood. Just wanting to make sure my original statement wasn't convoluted any more than how I wrote it. Which I suppose was a bit confusing. Nothin contentious from my end either

Absolutely dude that's what makes this place great. We're all entitled to our own opinions and none of them are wrong! Good conversation happens even with different opinions.

Back