DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great time out there today, but I'm going to have to work on my endurance before the big event in April. I feel like I've been run over.

Of course if I were a scratch golfer I would have hit half as many shots as I did today. :bulgy-eyes:

Had a great time out there today, but I'm going to have to work on my endurance before the big event in April. I feel like I've been run over.

Of course if I were a scratch golfer I would have hit half as many shots as I did today. :bulgy-eyes:
To your credit you did have to carry your bag today...

Email received from Pecan Valley for this next weekend. I'm definitely in.

COME ONE COME ALL – Its time to begin the golfing season. We have 35 members signed up so far. Don’t forget about the membership drive which will save you $5.00 per person when you sign up a new member with a maximum of $20.00 savings. The new member will also save $5.00. This is until March 7.

This Saturday, February 14 will be an Individual on the River with tee times beginning at 9am. Call the Pro Shop no later than Thursday before the close of business to be signed up. Pairings will be done on Friday, so call in the afternoon for scheduled tee time. All agents are standing by to answer your calls.

DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

If anyone happens to have some spare boxes please hit me up. I need to sell some extra gear but I'm fresh out of shipping boxes. Thanks!

If anyone happens to have some spare boxes please hit me up. I need to sell some extra gear but I'm fresh out of shipping boxes. Thanks!
I'll have one Wednesday.

I'll have one Wednesday.

I need 4 or 5 me thinks. I may just have to call Golfsmith and see if I can snag a few.

If not, I'll ask THP'ers to bring some Saturday to Pecan Valley at the tourney.

Dave: you should consider joining the PVGA!! Would be great for you buddy.

I need 4 or 5 me thinks. I may just have to call Golfsmith and see if I can snag a few.

If not, I'll ask THP'ers to bring some Saturday to Pecan Valley at the tourney.

You really should Dave. These tourmneys are a lot of fun.

I've considered it. I'm also kicking around the idea of joining a club near me.

What I'd really like is something that lets me get in a quick 9 a few times a week. May have to go private to pull that off.

I've considered it. I'm also kicking around the idea of joining a club near me.

What I'd really like is something that lets me get in a quick 9 a few times a week. May have to go private to pull that off.
I do quick rounds at Pecan Valley all the time during the week. I buy the yearly membership which keeps the cost down, but also gives me access to all 5 FW courses cheap/free. If you want more details on it let me know or you can call the pro shop at Pecan.

Cookie and Dru are right, you would have a good time in the PVGA, meet some new people, play some golf... I think there are 8 or so of us playing in it this year!

I do quick rounds at Pecan Valley all the time during the week. I buy the yearly membership which keeps the cost down, but also gives me access to all 5 FW courses cheap/free. If you want more details on it let me know or you can call the pro shop at Pecan.
Yeah, I saw they had a couple different yearly memberships, looks like there's one that was like $700 and pay a few bucks a round, and another that was like $1800 for all-you-can-eat. Is one of those what you do?

Hey guys I just seen idealgolfer has Chester Ditto for $20 if anyone interested

Yeah, I saw they had a couple different yearly memberships, looks like there's one that was like $700 and pay a few bucks a round, and another that was like $1800 for all-you-can-eat. Is one of those what you do?
Last year I did the 700. This year I was going to do the 1800 because its unlimited play, cart, and range balls, but with my first kiddo coming in June my golf may go down a little. I will still be doing the 700 this year.

Last year I did the 700. This year I was going to do the 1800 because its unlimited play, cart, and range balls, but with my first kiddo coming in June my golf may go down a little. I will still be doing the 700 this year.
How does the per-round cost work with that membership? Do you have to pay a cart fee on top of the few bucks for the round?

How does the per-round cost work with that membership? Do you have to pay a cart fee on top of the few bucks for the round?

Fort Worth Golf Rates: http://fortworthgolf.org/-golf-rates

Green Fees
Pecan Valley
WeekdayMeadowbrookHills RiverRockwoodSycamore CreekRiver's Edge
Morning$20.00$18.00$22.00$17.00$12.00$10.00
Mid-day 12:00 p.m.
$14.00$13.00$16.00$12.00$9.00$10.00
Evening 4:00 p.m.$12.00$11.00$14.00$10.00$8.00$10.00
Weekend/Holiday
Morning$26.00$24.00$31.00$21.00$14.00$10.00
Mid-day 12:00 p.m.$20.00$19.00$25.00$16.00$10.00$10.00
Evening 4:00 p.m.$15.00$14.00$20.00$11.00$9.00$10.00
Junior (17 and under)$10.00$10.00$15.00$10.00$8.00$6.00
Senior (62 & over)$12.00$12.00$16.00$12.00$9.00$10.00
*Junior and Senior Rates In Effect Anytime Weekdays, After 12:00 p.m. on Weekends and Holidays
Rental Fees (inc. tax)18 Holes9 HolesAnnual Pass (+daily surcharge of $2 or $5/rnd)
Riding Cart (per rider)$14.00$7.00 Individual$700.00

Yeah I saw that, it's totally unclear what your cost to play a round is with or without a cart, and how they determine if it's $2 or $5 per round.

Updated with replay rate info.

2/28

Times:

7:00
7:09
7:17
7:26

I have until 48 hours prior to tee times to cancel or my CC gets hit at $185 per person so let me know if you won't be able to make it. Teeing off this early should allow for playing another 18 in the afternoon if you choose with the replay rate. Replay rate is $45.

1) #Cookie
2) mikeg74
3) afwcardinal
4) Jman
5) cwmonroe87
6) cwmonroe87's brother
7) Nate
8) Jank
9) Threeboysdad
10) BigTex
11) Darin (TBD's friend)
12) Jim (#Cookie's stepdad)
13) DocTrussell
14) Boyd (#Cookie's uncle)
15) NoLine
16) atxpkrgolf

Yeah I saw that, it's totally unclear what your cost to play a round is with or without a cart, and how they determine if it's $2 or $5 per round.
All the FW courses are $2 to play anytime with the exception of Pecan Valley River which is $5 anytime. You pay the cart fee whenever you want to use it under the $700 plan. The $1800 plan is free cart, gree fees and range balls. Hope hat clears it up.

All the FW courses are $2 to play anytime with the exception of Pecan Valley River which is $5 anytime. You pay the cart fee whenever you want to use it under the $700 plan. The $1800 plan is free cart, gree fees and range balls. Hope hat clears it up.
Perfectly, thanks.

I'm going to sleep on it, but I think I'm going to go with that plan. I see myself walking a lot of the time for quick after-work golfing for the additional exercise. I don't mind paying $20 or whatever for a full round and a cart on the weekends.

Edit: Actually, I'm going to sleep on the all-inclusive plan. I did the math, and if I do two weeknight rounds walking and a weekend round with a cart, it pays for itself if I only do that every other week. Considering that two of the four courses are on my way home, I see myself doing more than that.

Last edited:
Thanks for setting the Cowboys times up Cookie!

No problem buddy. The website for booking worked better than calling.

That call ended with the chick saying: are you calling me a liar? I'm sorry you think I'm lying to you.

#dontask

Perfectly, thanks.

I'm going to sleep on it, but I think I'm going to go with that plan. I see myself walking a lot of the time for quick after-work golfing for the additional exercise. I don't mind paying $20 or whatever for a full round and a cart on the weekends.

Edit: Actually, I'm going to sleep on the all-inclusive plan. I did the math, and if I do two weeknight rounds walking and a weekend round with a cart, it pays for itself if I only do that every other week. Considering that two of the four courses are on my way home, I see myself doing more than that.
If i wasnt having a baby in june i would be too. I would join you for a round after work once a week or so probably. Especially at pecan.

No problem buddy. The website for booking worked better than calling.

That call ended with the chick saying: are you calling me a liar? I'm sorry you think I'm lying to you.

#dontask

Oh SNAP! Cookie getting into a chick fight over the phone! LOL! They can be a little "ornery" over there.

I'm playing the PVGA event on Saturday, is there any interest in playing early Sunday?

I'm playing the PVGA event on Saturday, is there any interest in playing early Sunday?
Yup. Somewhere a little easier than Sky Creek Ranch would be good. Know any places with no water and no sand? :)

My Apexes should be here Wednesday. They'll need breaking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back