Ian Poulter Interview on THP TV

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This past week at the Cobra Puma What’s Your Fly event, THP had a chance to sit down with PGA Tour superstar Ian Poulter. A player known for his style, his game and of course his Ryder Cup success.

In this THP TV interview
When can we see him do a Gangnam Style video like fellow Cobra Puma staffer Jesper?
He loves his cars and is a collector, do his cars match his apparel in terms of style?
He has been one of the faces of Cobra equipment for years and is a phenomenal ball striker, what does his sponsor bring to the table that keeps him there year after year?
And so much more

http://bit.ly/1csl4Vr

Good job on the interview, FK.

It's a little weird, but I found his discussion of the golf shoes most interesting. I didn't realize that IJP had that much input into them.

Good job Freddie.

Great interview. Loved hearing what makes The Ryder Cup different for Ian.

Awesome interview Freddie! I find it interesting that he switched to a longer, lighter (same swing weight?) driver shaft looking for more height.

Good job on the interview, FK.

It's a little weird, but I found his discussion of the golf shoes most interesting. I didn't realize that IJP had that much input into them.

Haha I was going to say the same thing. That was pretty interesting. Great job Freddie!!

Great interview. That was awesome to hear him talk about the Ryder Cup and why it means so much more.

I know he's sort of polarizing, but I've always liked Poulter, even when he drops daggers in the RC. He came off very real and down to earth.

Great job, Freddie! I loved the Johnny Miller comment at the beginning! Haha. Never been a big Poulter fan because he kills the US in the Ryder Cup, but I respect the hell out of him and his game. Hope you had some hand sanitizer after shaking his hand after he was wiping his snot all over himself the entire interview!!!

That was fun to watch. Hearing him talk about the Ryder Cup brought back a lot of the emotions of the Morgan Cup.

That was a good watch! Ian had some blunt answers and Freddie kept the interviewing moving nicely.

Enjoyed his brutal honesty, particularly regarding the Ryder Cup. He is proud of where he comes from and leaves nothing out there.

nice interview Freddie. looks like you really caught his attention when you started asking him good questions about his clubs. well done

Solid interview Kong. Sure you gave Ian the sneezes, but whatever it's cool haha

Loved some of the stuff he was talking about, from the shoes, the euipment, to the different intensity at a PGA tour event to the Ryder Cup. Man listening to him talk about the RC really gets my blood flowing thinking about the MC past and present.

Very cool interview. He seems like a nice guy. Like how he says the Ryder Cup means so much to him. You can really see that on the course during that event

Great stuff Freddie, really loved it!

Another awesome interview, I love getting this inside look with these PGA pros we watch on TV week in and week out. Especially with Poulter, I'm so used to rooting against him during Ryder Cups, it's great to get a little insight into his way of thinking.

Another great job THP & Kong! I like Ian and the way he carries himself. Awesome interview!

Great interview Freddie and THP!! I love the insider access here!

Always been a fan of IJP. Yes, he's made some huge moments in the Ryder Cup that make me dislike him (at the time) but that's part of the event and I would expect nothing less. He seems like a really cool guy. I enjoy following him on Twitter even though he's been less vocal than he has been in the past.

Great interview Freddie!

Fun to watch! Its neat to see a fellow THPer interacting with IJP. Freddie could work for one of the big networks doing interviews, it just flows well from him.

Nice job as always FK. Very enjoyable.

You are MAGIC at this interview process Freddie! This was not an easy one and you handled it like a pro buddy. Well done. Hope you washed your hands after he exited.

Thought this deserved a bumpy for the afternoon crowd. Such a fantastic interview Freddie! Everyone just seems so relaxed, maybe it's the chairs???

Yep, Freddie does it again, great interview! As others have said, I like how brutally honest Poulter was about the Ryder Cup vs. regular Tour event question. Up front and leaves everything out there...including that little jab at Johnny Miller at the beginning, which was classic Poults.

Great interview! I like Ian Poulter anyway, and always enjoy hearing what he has to say.

Back