Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metal X Milled #7....I don't know why but that $150 at the PGA Superstore seams like an outstanding deal. Now need to see if they have a cover and weight kit! Hmmmmm!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Do it! Picked one up off CPO for a great price. Jair gotta find a cover and weight kit haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buddy of mine ordered the C200s from RBG as well and he didn't get them either. They didn't go into detail, but he said it sounded like a big W/S issue.

may be making the drive to pga later to roll it!

Sent from my sm-n910v using tapatalk

Doo it, Doo it, Doo it!

Yes, I did. Unfortunately, the order for irons and wedges was not fulfilled after multiple follow-up attempts, so worked with RBG to cancel it.

Sorry to hear about this! I know you were looking forward to getting them. And now the painful task of finding another set to fall in love with.

Not really crazy about my GMax irons. Got them reshafted and the lie adjusted but we are still not getting along. Just seem so light. Thinking of testing the Cobra Max or F6 irons.

Buddy of mine ordered the C200s from RBG as well and he didn't get them either. They didn't go into detail, but he said it sounded like a big W/S issue.

They seem available all over the place, so my gut says its actually a RBG issue, and based on their history, would make some sense.

Got my federal return today so the pondering begins. First one is black pm grind.

Sometimes saving some money is nice but there's nothing more comforting than buying from the OEM directly

I don't know what your talking about I don't think I've ever heard of that club lol
Haha you make the mistake of hitting my 4w 2 times. Might as well make it 3 lol

Haha you make the mistake of hitting my 4w 2 times. Might as well make it 3 lol

As much as I've tried to resist it's only a matter of time before I pull the trigger. Hitting Kangs clubs is definitely an expensive hobby haha.

All of the following are on my serious ponder list...

New shoes:
lunarcontrol4whitec.jpg

Trading my Betti in, and getting a Newport 2:

2016SelectVideoThumbnailA

3 new 50 - 60* wedges

SM6-Machine-Shop_2D00_807_2D00_web.jpg

Bag:

tourstaffstandbagblackwhitered1.jpg

And some other things like a new staff towel, hat, glove, etc.

I was so close to pulling the trigger on the C200's and now I'm glad I didn't. Would have been a huge disappointment. Don't know who's to blame but gives me doubt about RBG and W/S.

I was so close to pulling the trigger on the C200's and now I'm glad I didn't. Would have been a huge disappointment. Don't know who's to blame but gives me doubt about RBG and W/S.
I seem to recall the items supposed to have been drop shipped from Wilson (like 3 to 7 business days) when i was looking. Not sure whos fault it is but not cool these arent shipping

I seem to recall the items supposed to have been drop shipped from Wilson (like 3 to 7 business days) when i was looking. Not sure whos fault it is but not cool these arent shipping

Yep I remember seeing that too. Bummer that it didn't work out for folks.

Hard ponder. A custom made one of these....

tm-1.jpg

Tad Moore Handmade TM-2

GF's parents got me a golf galaxy gift card for my birthday. Might be getting that 60* MD3 quicker than I thought.

They seem available all over the place, so my gut says its actually a RBG issue, and based on their history, would make some sense.

I have no intention of piling on to either W/S or RBG, nor will either be free of some responsibility, from a consumer's point of view. They were to be direct shipped from W/S; with shipping taking place 3 to 7 days after the order. After 7 days, I started following-up with RBG (they were the retailer, and I received my LTD driver within 3 days from them - same purchase date). Supposedly, RBG was in contact with W/S, and the status of the order was being looked into at W/S - I received multiple updates from RBG, some prompted, some not prompted.

On Day 12 (I think, could have been 11), I get word that the irons will be shipping early this week. Early this week comes and goes, RBG indicates still no shipping info provided from W/S. I call Wilson Customer Service - this line is unable to directly help me, because they only have access to items purchased/handled via Wilson.com, but the guy I spoke with says he can get me to Golf Customer Service, as they might have more info - friendly and helpful guy (I've taken this exact route, previously, when I had some specific equipment questions that the general Customer Service line couldn't answer). I leave a VM with Golf Cust. Service. Ended up not getting a call back before i made the decision that waiting more than 2 weeks was enough - for both RBG and W/S, for this order. Cancelled order.

I have had really good experiences with every OEM and retailer I have ever used for golf equipment (including W/S and RBG in the past), so I'm hoping this is an isolated incidence, for me as a consumer. I have no intention of "freezing" either one out of my golf purchases for the long term, but will back away for a bit from both with regard to new club purchases. I will continue to game the W/S clubs and bag I was fortunate to receive at #THPLegacy. I will game the Duo Urethanes as my primary ball in 2016. This blip on the radar doesn't jade me to the place either RBG or W/S hold as a retailer and manufacturer - RBG has excellent deals for golfers (retailer options are just as important as club options - competition is good for consumers), and W/S makes quality products that are often overlooked . I still whole-heartedly believe the C200 irons are a significant step up from the C100s, and anyone looking at the C200s should continue to do so, but be a little cautious with the retailer you choose, and be sure you watch the order like a hawk, to ensure you receive what you order (unless you go to a brick-and-mortar shop and walk out of the store with them).

Dang jeremy thats some run around. Bravo for hanging in there as mong as you did.

Dang jeremy thats some run around. Bravo for hanging in there as mong as you did.

I'll just "borrow" yours first event I get the chance to. :alien:

Jeremy you handled it better than I would have and hung around waiting way longer too. Its a shame it never got worked out for you.

Callaway 816 DBD 10.5* Driver!!!!

Callaway 816 DBD 10.5* Driver!!!!

A few of us had "Holy $&%#!" swings with Adam's driver. Pretty impressive. Ponder very much approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back