Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Klees Golf Shop if youre coming from the south.. Chicago Style Golf if you're coming from the North.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Klees has almost 80 years of experience though. Golf family, great shop.

Does anyone in the Chicago area know of a good place that can successfully "pull" putter grips? On one Scotty putter I want to try a slightly larger Scotty grip but don't want to destroy my current Scotty grip because I may go back to it. On a different putter, I want to shorten it by an inch but keep the same original grip. I've asked around at a couple of nearby Golfsmiths, a nearby PGA Superstore and at my golf club but they just cut off grips because they don't have the tools (air compressor I guess) to be able to pull grips properly.
I bought one of these:
http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_VGGR
And pulled it myself. Used a bunch of solvent and it was good to go!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I had clubs lengthened and Dicks Sporting goods asked if I wanted the grips saved. I didn't but was nice they had the option.

Thanks - I'll ask as there is a Dick's within 100 yards of my golf club.

Klees Golf Shop if youre coming from the south.. Chicago Style Golf if you're coming from the North.

Thanks for the suggestions - I will check them both out and see.

Anyone up for a round tomorrow if it doesn't snow near Crete area?

Anyone up for a round tomorrow if it doesn't snow near Crete area?
Good luck if you go. Only supposed to be 15* for a high. May be a good day to try TopGolf!

Thanks for posting. Great deal! Snagged one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Going to the Tinley Park golf show Saturday night.Hope to get a nice golf bag and some sort sole gel shoes.Maybe I might even try some of the simulators for giggles as well

Not sure if this is to early of a post.But would like to maybe get something going to play DubsDread this summer mid week early afternoonish.Prices aren't that bad and I heard it is a beautiful course.By than I'm hoping to be a better golfer than now and i am kinda looking forward to the challenge.Anyone interested?

Not sure if this is to early of a post.But would like to maybe get something going to play DubsDread this summer mid week early afternoonish.Prices aren't that bad and I heard it is a beautiful course.By than I'm hoping to be a better golfer than now and i am kinda looking forward to the challenge.Anyone interested?

I'm in.

I think dubs is $155 all the time other than twilight when it's $100? Adam would know for sure, he plays #2 every week.

And ... Let me know when you have a date, I'm in if possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill definitely be at the expo Friday.

I think dubs is $155 all the time other than twilight when it's $100? Adam would know for sure, he plays #2 every week.

And ... Let me know when you have a date, I'm in if possible!

$155 isn't that bad for a good course around here really.Will give me something to work my game towards this season.Im progressing pretty well and playing here would be a indicator on what I need to improve on.Thinking maybe Juneish or so,will be mid week early mid day.And if im having fun I might see if they allow me to play the Ravines as well.

I know a bunch of Chicago guys loved the Gauntlet last year. Signups just launched for one of the biggest THP Events of the year.

http://bit.ly/1QtVMI4

Wish I could sign up for this one. That's the last couple of weeks of busy time for me then the summer is open. Pringles told me how awesome the gauntlet was.

I bought one...that's a great deal.

Derek and I are thinking about a weekday round sometime in late May. Maximize course time!

Derek and I are thinking about a weekday round sometime in late May. Maximize course time!
My buddy Derek and I were thinking the same thing.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

That is the only way to do it. My buddy Sassan bought one as well, you guys met him at Top Golf...if you were there. I like Bowes a lot....whoo hooo

Back