Cobra F6 shaft questions

Illini

Reaction score
Handicap
So I've been playing the biocell for the past few years and am looking to upgrade to the F6. I am currently playing the biocell head with the red tie shaft from the biocell +. Once I upgraded to the red tie my driving drastically improved. What I'm wondering is how does the + red tie compare to the stock red tie in the F6? There are quite a few free upgrade options and if the red tie shafts are essentially the same I'm thinkng about getting a different shaft to try as I will already have a red tie I could use. Unfortunately I don't live close to a fitter where I can try the different head/shaft combos. Shafts I am thinking about are the tour green, tour blue, elements Crome, or maybe something else. Swing speed is usually about 100-105 sometimes more/less. Any recommendations or experiences that may help my decision? Thanks in advance!

Anybody? How about the 65q4 vs the stock q4?

So I've been playing the biocell for the past few years and am looking to upgrade to the F6. I am currently playing the biocell head with the red tie shaft from the biocell +. Once I upgraded to the red tie my driving drastically improved. What I'm wondering is how does the + red tie compare to the stock red tie in the F6? There are quite a few free upgrade options and if the red tie shafts are essentially the same I'm thinkng about getting a different shaft to try as I will already have a red tie I could use. Unfortunately I don't live close to a fitter where I can try the different head/shaft combos. Shafts I am thinking about are the tour green, tour blue, elements Crome, or maybe something else. Swing speed is usually about 100-105 sometimes more/less. Any recommendations or experiences that may help my decision? Thanks in advance!

Illini,

Check the links out:

http://www.cobragolf.com/2016-custom-options
http://www.cobragolf.com/2014-custom-options

The Red Tie in the Biocell + is lower launch and lower spin than the stock Q4 in the F6. They are not that similar per the graphs.

The ATX Tour Blue appears to be quite close to the Bio Cell + Red Tie.

Would you want to consider the VLCT ST that was in the Fly Z+? Check out the link below:

http://www.cobragolf.com/2015-custom-options

I wanted to play around with a mid-low launch shaft and low spin and bought one off Global Golf for a song (~$30 shipped).

Best of luck!
Dave

Edit: sounds like they will play differently.

Thanks guys. The lower launch/ spin helped out a ton. Might have to pick up a vlct to play around with. Thinking about going tour blue/ green.

If you buy from GlobalGolf look on eBay and use their best offer feature! They've taken $5 less than the listed price ($25 instead of $30 or $15 instead of $20) on every shaft I've purchased from them (which is now up to 4 after today).

Bought a vlct st with adapter today. Gave them an offer for 15 bucks free shipping and they accepted. Global golf is where I got my red tie I currently play

Bought a vlct st with adapter today. Gave them an offer for 15 bucks free shipping and they accepted. Global golf is where I got my red tie I currently play

I just received my VLCT ST a few days ago and it feels great. What do you think of it?

Dave

Back