Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood - Technology Q&A

Glad the maiden voyage went well!

Beyond well. Pretty sure I laughed a few times with the ballflight. Had to play it a bit further back than I was expecting, but once I got that down it was bombs away.

My 54* may have just been replaced as my favorite club.

Beyond well. Pretty sure I laughed a few times with the ballflight. Had to play it a bit further back than I was expecting, but once I got that down it was bombs away.

My 54* may have just been replaced as my favorite club.

It's funny how easy it is to hit really well, definitely gives you confidence from whatever distance it covers. Now if only the rest of the bag was the same way we would all have it made!

first round with this club the other day....all i can say is 225 yd flop shots. lol. I like. great club for going at greens.

Ordered a BB V Heavenwood this week.

Once I saw the infamous V sole that I loved so much from the original BB designs, done deal.

I need loft off the deck and it sounds like this is the answer.

Ordered a BB V Heavenwood this week.

Once I saw the infamous V sole that I loved so much from the original BB designs, done deal.

I need loft off the deck and it sounds like this is the answer.

if u can't get this off the ground....then no fairway wood will get up for u.

Those of you that have played both - how does the V series Heavenwood compare (or does it) to the XR woods and/or hybrids?

Those of you that have played both - how does the V series Heavenwood compare (or does it) to the XR woods and/or hybrids?

I don't know if there's an equivalent wood in the XR line. There's a 7 wood, but that doesn't have the larger head size and longer shaft of the Heavenwood. Honestly, I prefer the V series fairways stock off the shelf. The XR have longer shaft lengths, which isn't the best fit for me, and the V sole in the Berthas is great.

I don't know if there's an equivalent wood in the XR line. There's a 7 wood, but that doesn't have the larger head size and longer shaft of the Heavenwood. Honestly, I prefer the V series fairways stock off the shelf. The XR have longer shaft lengths, which isn't the best fit for me, and the V sole in the Berthas is great.

Thanks. I picked up the XR 4 hybrid late last year & it's so easy for me to hit well. I'm expecting the Heavenwood to go longer & cover the next yardage gap - those 180+ yard shots are where I struggle to be consistent both distance-wise and directionally. I just haven't been able to hit the HW yet! That will change very soon I hope!

I played both and I think they play similar. The V series feel lighter to me. The heaven wood for some reason is really special for me. Love that club. Both are very good but I like the lighter feel of the V series. It allows me to swing a little smoother. I hit the V series more consistently than the XR but both were pretty equal in terms of distance and launch when hit well for me.

Thanks. I picked up the XR 4 hybrid late last year & it's so easy for me to hit well. I'm expecting the Heavenwood to go longer & cover the next yardage gap - those 180+ yard shots are where I struggle to be consistent both distance-wise and directionally. I just haven't been able to hit the HW yet! That will change very soon I hope!

That's where it slots in for me. That 3h-5W spot.

Same here, 3h-ish I play a 4w above it then driver and a 4h below it.

After trawling through this thread, I've taken a punt and managed to get an as new one for about $80 on Callaway Pre Owned. Sounds just what I need. I can't hit a fairway off the deck for all the tea in China. I currently use an 18 degree 3 wood which I'm ok with, but this heavenwood sounds perfect to me. The high lift plus becoming a complete Callaway concert after falling totally in love with the XR driver I've just bought means I've got high expectations for this club.

Got mine today. Can't wait to get out this weekend and hit it.

After trawling through this thread, I've taken a punt and managed to get an as new one for about $80 on Callaway Pre Owned. Sounds just what I need. I can't hit a fairway off the deck for all the tea in China. I currently use an 18 degree 3 wood which I'm ok with, but this heavenwood sounds perfect to me. The high lift plus becoming a complete Callaway concert after falling totally in love with the XR driver I've just bought means I've got high expectations for this club.

I half joked yesterday that I was going to go Heavenwood/Heavenwood/putter on every single hole, regardless of length or par. I hit one incredibly fat when it was a good foot or so above my feet, but other than that I was just launching mine. I played it for a 5 yard fade, and softly landed on 2 greens from a ways out. I haven't yet met a single hybrid I've gotten along with and I'm just in love with this club.

Searching for a Heavenwood like no other. Looked last night on CPO.

Watching and listening to a vast number of THPers rave about this one a want.

Check out 3balls.com, that's where I got the best deal on mine.

Just ordered one on E Bay brand new for $71. They still have 7 left. Looking forward to hitting it on my trip to Florida next week.

I played mine for the first time today. Gotta say, I didn't hit it that great off the deck, but hitting fairway woods off the ground is my real weakness. Off a low tee though, my god, this thing launches and goes like a rocket!!

Just ordered one on E Bay brand new for $71. They still have 7 left. Looking forward to hitting it on my trip to Florida next week.
​You got a great deal!

Ordered mine from CPO and should be here next week. It won't see any swings for a little bit though. CPO charged me the wrong amount however so I'm waiting on them to respond

I've considered dropping my 3 and 4 hybrids and just carrying a Heavenwood. If I run across one cheap I may give it a try.

I've considered dropping my 3 and 4 hybrids and just carrying a Heavenwood. If I run across one cheap I may give it a try.

I only use my 4hybrid out of heavier rough because of the Heavenwoods versatility.

Good luck!

I picked up a V Series Heavenwood at the golf show last week. Excited to give it a try.

I picked up a V Series Heavenwood at the golf show last week. Excited to give it a try.

Pease post your likes/Dislikes about this club once you get some course time with it!
I LOVE this club, and I think most do as well!

Back