What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Large bucket at the range. Doin' work!!

Played 18, watched golf, read my mental game books and THP'ed.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Golf stuff today will consist of THP'ing, watching some of the Northern Trust Open and possibly some putting practice.

more practice putting. actually wasn't going too badly, but broke down for a bit and a guy on the practice green comes up and says, "want to try something?" i'm like great, my favorite thing, unsolicited golf advice. but i'm too non-confrontational to say "no," so i obliged. he says, "just try to hear a pure strike with the putt. listen for the pure strike." that was it. it actually worked really well! i have a round on sunday, i think that will be my focus on the greens. just hear a pure strike.

More time on the Skytrak working on the irons and hybrid. Drawing the ball more consistently and improving dispersion!!!

THP and putting today. And maybe a bit more drooling over some new FW's,

Played 18 this morning, stopped by DSG and picked up a dozen E6 and a towel. Came home and cleaned up the clubs to get ready for tomorrows round.

Putting and wedge practice today at the range.

Chi chi Rodriguez cosmic golf!
be7fcf0751819a75706ba7dc5ff40e7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday I had a really good lesson. Things are looking up golf wise. I can't wait to play Sunday and see if I can replicate it.

Picked up my new/used 714 AP1 irons today after I had them lengthened and new grips put on. And you know how you always hope that a club you buy on the "bay" works out? Well I hit the 7 iron today at PGATSS and I hit it further than any club I tried this year. Could have screamed up and down!
0a963be1c55c3938560c40a41dd4b2ac.jpg
da538271478ffa661fa3126cd7f3942a.jpg

Stopped by DSG to drop off a club my sales guys is thinking about buying, so while he's hitting it I roll a #7 again and confirm I need to get one. When he's done hitting I go into the bay and they have an XR Pro and OS 7 iron sitting there. So I hit those and loved the Pro, I may have to pick up a set from CPO as a backup set. The OS's are just so thick on the top line and just a bit loud for my liking, still nice though. Also checked out the M2 irons, kind of chunky, but much better looking in person than I thought they looked in pics.

Then when I got home I practiced some chipping in the backyard until dark and then went inside and practiced putting for a little while.

And of course did some THP'ing throughout the day.

Second Sklz Golf strong workout, thped and going to putt for half hour or so on my basement putting green.

Played 18 and won dollars :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Unpacked a set of CF16 5-AW. Heading out tomorrow and Sunday.
Gonna win me some dollars.
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Casually flipped the pages of the Swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated and watched some of the Malayasia event.

practice putting, and pitching with the 60. still a mixed bag all around, but when it's good it's damn good. just continue to be too inconsistent.

I am going to play Journey at Pechanga which is up in Temecula. Was told to "bring a lot of balls." Course is supposed to be pretty nice. Just wished my ball striking of late was better.

81ed483d25be455320647be2d069a386.jpg

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Heading out for my first non-forced (i.e. not on a golf trip with friends) round in 4 or so years...I'm going to be focusing on putting my old "scratch golfer" days behind me and remembering that my life is different (career, etc.) and I'm never going to be as good as I once was. I just don't have the time for it anymore, I hope to get to the 2-5 handicap range and just being happy with that. It will be a big effort but I'm committed to learning to just enjoy the game for what it is, and not base everything on my score being close to or under par. At this point, I've wasted 10 years after burning out at age 20, where I've played only a few rounds a year and I deeply regret it....with the exception of one year 4 years ago or so where I tried my best to get my "old game" back and never quite got there, despite a number of rounds where it all came together and I broke par. Ultimately that year just led to me being pissed all the time and not even enjoying it most of the time because my mindset wasn't right; I was stressed a lot when I struggled, despite putting together some very good rounds that year. The poor rounds just weighed on me too much bc I wanted so badly to get back to playing competitively (qualifying for US Ama by the time I was 30, a goal I had set at age 16, and making a name for myself in the amateur events locally); now I've come to terms that that isn't going to be an option for me anymore given my career.

I'll be playing my first round at the country club I just joined, first time I've been a member anywhere. Really looking forward to rekindling my old love for golf in a new way, and just enjoying the game and spending time with friends and my dad.

Following THPers around the event. Live update thread with live scoring is a bladt

Live Update Thread and Game Golf are dominating my golf activity for today! Those are on point!

Following the #KickoffClassic on Golf Gamebook, watching the Northern Trust Open, looking at different rangefinders and THP'ing :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back