The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

And one more fear. Letting my team down. If I don't play well and it costs us that belt that wouldn't sit well.

Which is why I'm still working my butt off

Don't mean to keep quoting you but I was waiting to hear this. You'll be fine dude, you'll be fine

And one more fear. Letting my team down. If I don't play well and it costs us that belt that wouldn't sit well.

Don't let that bother you....if you have that in your head it will affect you....trust me I know!

Just trust your preparation and your swing and play the best you can....that's all anybody can do...no more no less

Okay Grandaddians,
We want to hear from you.
What is the one fear you have going in, about the actual golf portion?

I may be naive, but I'm not fearing anything from the golf portion. I'm at peace with my game and I'm ready to tee it up.

If anything, I'm anxious to see the pairings.

Okay Grandaddians,
My biggest fear is what I experienced this weekend and that is my game and swing completely falling apart. Standing over every ball not knowing what is going on with my swing is my fear.

And of course letting my team down. The thought of me missing a 6 footer to win my match and we lose because of it would really upset me

I won't let you or anyone on our team sulk or get down on themselves. We win and lose as a team

I won't let you or anyone on our team sulk or get down on themselves. We win and lose as a team

I agree with this. Its no single person that makes a team win or lose.
One thing to note however and this is not based on the above.

Sometimes when you play ****** or miss something bad, you need a moment. I mentioned to ddec a while back about how the cheering and rah rah stuff is so great, but sometimes it takes a minute. My view is its best to let a person settle in and have some space first, and then bring on the team stuff.

I agree with this. Its no single person that makes a team win or lose.
One thing to note however and this is not based on the above.

Sometimes when you play ****** or miss something bad, you need a moment. I mentioned to ddec a while back about how the cheering and rah rah stuff is so great, but sometimes it takes a minute. My view is its best to let a person settle in and have some space first, and then bring on the team stuff.

Absolutely. If I'm hitting the ball like **** and I have "you got it just hit a good one here" in my ear every time I tend to press more

My biggest fear...
Due to lack of play this year from injury, my strongest part of my game has vanished. I have worked hard on it recently and it is coming to form, but still a ways off. Thats not the fear, my handicap reflects my abilities pretty accurately. Im driving the ball great, thanks to the Great Big Bertha and anybody that has ever played with me has seen the distance I have gained. My putting has been fine and I dont fear that, despite putting like garbage last year.

My biggest fear is quick sand. That something vanishes early and I press and press and make it compound. I have never had this fear in golf, because I always shot the same score. You could pretty much count on me to shoot 78 to 82 no matter where I was or what was going on. Now its 76 to about 90 and I dont like it. The higher numbers come only when I press and its all about quick sand.

I know my teammates will pick me up, but its there.

On one note...The Zoo Crew will pick you up too. They want to win, but they are genuinely good people (even Finley). They dont have to do the Grandaddy, they do it for a lot of reasons, but they dont have to. They want you to play well. They want you to succeed. Im not even sure they dont a little bit want us to win (okay maybe not that last part). The comfort level will be there. Be in your own skin and everything will be fine.

I will clarify that by me saying I don't fear the Golf portion doesn't mean I don't have a healthy respect for the competition and fully expect to have butterflies/first tee jitters.

I have never been the type of person to let fear dictate anything I do, golf or otherwise. I hope that makes sense, bc in my brain it's clear

My biggest fear...
Due to lack of play this year from injury, my strongest part of my game has vanished. I have worked hard on it recently and it is coming to form, but still a ways off. Thats not the fear, my handicap reflects my abilities pretty accurately. Im driving the ball great, thanks to the Great Big Bertha and anybody that has ever played with me has seen the distance I have gained. My putting has been fine and I dont fear that, despite putting like garbage last year.

My biggest fear is quick sand. That something vanishes early and I press and press and make it compound. I have never had this fear in golf, because I always shot the same score. You could pretty much count on me to shoot 78 to 82 no matter where I was or what was going on. Now its 76 to about 90 and I dont like it. The higher numbers come only when I press and its all about quick sand.

On one note...The Zoo Crew will pick you up too. They want to win, but they are genuinely good people (even Finley). They dont have to do the Grandaddy, they do it for a lot of reasons, but they dont have to. They want you to play well. They want you to succeed. Im not even sure they dont a little bit want us to win (okay maybe not that last part). The comfort level will be there. Be in your own skin and everything will be fine.

That summed up my entire 2015 season. I struggled with it all year. One bad shot and I could let it go. One bad hole and I'd press to get it back and things just fell apart. 2014 you could mark me down for between 73 and 78 every single round. 2015 it could be 69 or 99. It's something I've been fightng and trying to work on. Like you said your teammates are there to pick you up. You and the rest of team THP got this! In the mean time if you find a cure for the quick sand fear let me know! lol!

Grandaddians,
What piece of equipment are you most looking forward to having in the bag?
And dont cop out with all of them, or "im just happy about fitting", etc...:D

For me, it's the Apex CF16 irons. I hit them in the store, and my goodness they feel so good, that I can't wait to see them on the course and the ball flight that goes with the amazing feeling that I got. Having irons that you not only trust, but can bail you out with a lot of sneaky forgiveness really covers up a lot of other issues.

Okay Grandaddians,

With as mental as I've been lately, I'm a little afraid if I start to get too in my own head and forget how to actually play golf. Whenever I get too conscious of my swing bad things happen, and it's always hard for me to regroup and stop thinking.

JB you have been killing your GBB as of late. But that's been with the Grandura shaft right? Are you concerned about finding a similar fit for you?

Okay Grandaddians,

My fear is that my swing will be off during my fitting, and the fitter won't be able fit me based on my true abilities. I guess this is mostly because I've never had a true fitting before.

I have a lesson setup this weekend. It's with someone I've never met besides a 2 minute phone conversation. The lesson has 2 purposes for me. One, to look at my swing and maybe give a pointer or minor adjustment (no major changes). Two, I want to see how my swing holds up to a total stranger who's evaluating me for the first time. This guy is a fitter and instructor, should be good mental prep for me.

JB you have been killing your GBB as of late. But that's been with the Grandura shaft right? Are you concerned about finding a similar fit for you?

No sir. I played it previously with the Project X and loved it.

Grandaddians,

CF-effin-16's! Fit to me? I fully expect these beauties to be weapons of turf destruction for me for literally years to come. I honestly cannot put into words how much I'm longing for these to be in the bag.

Okay Grandaddians,

Easy, letting THP down on the course performance/match/score wise. Not a cliche answer, its an honest one on my end, for literally almost a year, that has been the one constant in my head when it comes to the golf, not letting THP down. I'll get over it when it gets rolling, I always do in events, but honest being honest, thats my golf fear.

My biggest fear...

This is something that deserves being bolded and quoted. For the guys who haven't met the #ZooCrew, be prepared to be amazed and to make genuine friends with these guys/gals. They care. We care. That's part of why this whol thing is so freaking spectacular and special.

Its also why I want it to live on forever so more and more get experience it all.

Grandaddians,

GBB without a doubt

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Some great discussion in here this afternoon, and learning a lot about team redemption.

I still simply cannot believe I'm a part of this. I try to envision what it will be like and simply can't comprehend what is going to happen. I tell people about the event and they can't believe it either, they look at me like I won the lottery, and honestly I did. 3 weeks from today we will be wrapping up the competition, but the memories and friendships will last forever.

Okay Grandaddians,

Honestly no fears, just smiles, if my swing doesn't show up it will not ruin the experience for me. I don't want that to happen but I am not afraid of it.

Honestly no fears, just smiles, if my swing doesn't show up it will not ruin the experience for me. I don't want that to happen but I am not afraid of it.

You don't have one single fear?

Glad I'm not the only one excited to see what bags we get.
I bought my aqau try bag after seeing the bags the guys got last year.
Freaking love it

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I bought my aqau try bag after seeing the bags the guys got last year.
Freaking love it

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

At our gathering in Michigan this year I saw CJ and Jeremy's bag on the same cart together. Absolutely a beautiful sight. I even said something to Jeremy after the round about how sweet that bag is

Absolutely LOVE that Business is picking up in this thread!

Great topics of discussion and excellent points being made!

Another step towards forum, and teammate interaction, providing the readership a peek into the hearts and minds of the team!

LOVE it!

At our gathering in Michigan this year I saw CJ and Jeremy's bag on the same cart together. Absolutely a beautiful sight. I even said something to Jeremy after the round about how sweet that bag is

Whenever we play together we try to do just that!
We both love that sight!

Brings back such powerful memories!

You don't have one single fear?

Fear of having one of the best weeks ever?

Fear of meeting incredibly generous and awesome people?

Fear of golfing bad/sub par with brand new clubs clubs, on a brand new course, surrounded by brand new awesome friends?

No, a couple missed putts or fairways isn't something I am afraid of...

I am not scared of the granddaddy. Don't misunderstand that for not dedicated, no skin in the game, not determined though please.

It kind of goes with my life attitude on not worrying about things I cannot control.

Back