2016 UnOfficial NorCal vs. SoCal Thread

LP is booked for 8/6/16

We have the 12:30, 12:40, 12:50 and 1:00 PM tee time.

Bring your "A" game. Should be fun.

Tim, thank you for setting that up. We really appreciate the hard work again.

Not overly impressed with that lineup either. Although Radiohead puts on an amazing show, Sufjan Stevens is very talented and Nathaniel Rateliff's song SOB is awesome (sonofabitch, gimme a drink....) Haha.

See you on the 6th Manny!

Nathaniel Ratecliff and the Night Sweats puts on a great show. Fun environment!

LP is booked for 8/6/16

We have the 12:30, 12:40, 12:50 and 1:00 PM tee time.

Bring your "A" game. Should be fun.

Nice, I'd prefer to be in one of the later tee times due to my drive down.

Excited that we kicked off some of our Cali events and look forward to seeing you guys this year hopefully.

Would love nothing more than to be selected to join one of the events that THP is putting on again this year. I don't think I am speaking out of turn when I say we are all hoping to get into one this season. These "unofficial" outings just provide us an opportunity to play with other THP enthusiasts while we have our fingers crossed for the real thing. I am just happy to have a place to talk golf, meet up with some great people that I consider friends and play the game we all love. Big thank you to you JB and THP for providing this forum for us.

Tim, thank you for setting that up. We really appreciate the hard work again.

I don't know if you can call it hard work. I made 2 phone calls totaling about 5 minutes of time. :act-up:

I'm working on the rate. But plan on $50 with cart.

I don't know if you can call it hard work. I made 2 phone calls totaling about 5 minutes of time. :act-up:

Damn, $50 with cart would be great!!!

Thank you to all of the coordinators for this event. I'm in if someone is interested in renting a house or splitting a room. Pismo area is not cheap for a single to book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats an awesome rate!

We are booked at Monarch Dunes on 8/7 with the first tee time at 8:30a. I booked it for 20, just in case. I believe the rate will be $75 with cart (same as last year), but not finalized yet.

Thank you to all of the coordinators for this event. I'm in if someone is interested in renting a house or splitting a room. Pismo area is not cheap for a single to book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked into the house option, but since it would likely be only 1 night I don't think it will be a great fit.

Hotels down there are not cheap....

I'm pumped that this is coming together so well! At this point I'll have something golf-related to look forward to every month :D

I looked into the house option, but since it would likely be only 1 night I don't think it will be a great fit.

Hotels down there are not cheap....

Might want to try Santa Maria. Radisson is decent and santa maria historic inn is pretty good. Should be about $150/night. Its not Pismo, but don't think you'll be spending much time at the hotel anyway. Golf until 6 pm on Saturady, Dinner around 8 pm at Jockos and then golf at 8:30 Sunday morning. No need to stay on the beach.

Yeah, I stayed at Santa Maria last year. Bad part of town too and I didn't get murdered so that's good...

Yeah, I stayed at Santa Maria last year. Bad part of town too and I didn't get murdered so that's good...

Proof that it must not be that bad! Hahaha

I say we all just crash at Schanker's house one day and TheHeez's house the next. What do you guys think? haha

Oh man, next year I should be able to accomodate at least a couple folks. Providing a small human doesn't take over the house/my life. Hahaha, thats not funny.

Now onto picking team Captains...
I nominate Chester (LobWood) for SoCal!

Might want to try Santa Maria. Radisson is decent and santa maria historic inn is pretty good. Should be about $150/night. Its not Pismo, but don't think you'll be spending much time at the hotel anyway. Golf until 6 pm on Saturady, Dinner around 8 pm at Jockos and then golf at 8:30 Sunday morning. No need to stay on the beach.

Right now Mr Hicksta and I are planning to split rooms as follows:

Fri Aug 5th @ Embassy Suites in Lompoc (we have had chats about going down and playing a warm up round Friday) and it is $180/nigh

Sat Aug 6th @ Hampton in Pismo and it is $232/night

I am Hilton guy so that is normally what I book at.

Right now Mr Hicksta and I are planning to split rooms as follows:

Fri Aug 5th @ Embassy Suites in Lompoc (we have had chats about going down and playing a warm up round Friday) and it is $180/nigh

Sat Aug 6th @ Hampton in Pismo and it is $232/night

I am Hilton guy so that is normally what I book at.

I want to party with you guys, Friday night. Drinks are on me. (hope you get a massive hangover for Saturday muhahahahahaha)

The vote right now is 5-3 in favor of Aug 6-7 with 4 people voting "whatever". That last vote being cast won't change the result. How about we call the election and declare Aug 6-7 the winner?
What is this silly talk? Vote early, vote often is my motto.:alien:

Can I get one of the later slots at LP on Saturday? It's a bit of a drive and I need my beauty sleep.

Thanks for securing the times and rates guys.

Excited that we kicked off some of our Cali events and look forward to seeing you guys this year hopefully.
I think most of us are going to try for one or more events. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do the April events. However, Bridgestone, Wilson, and of course #TheGrandaddy are on my wish list. As was mentioned previously, our events are designed to give us a chance to play with THPers. It's understood that one or more of us can drop if there's a conflict with an official event.

I want to party with you guys, Friday night. Drinks are on me. (hope you get a massive hangover for Saturday muhahahahahaha)

I will definitely not say no to free drinks.... also we aren't playing until noon so we should be able to knock the cobwebs off by then.

Us Nor Cal gents are going to have several small get togethers before then so we are just getting synced up so we have all our team partners planned out long before August.

I am getting seriously pumped for this and think I should go ahead and schedule another lesson for this weekend to get the swing more finetuned.

Yeah, I should play more than once a month so I can prepare for this and not let my teammates down. I certainly did last year.
I'll hit the range tonight!

Yeah, I should play more than once a month so I can prepare for this and not let my teammates down. I certainly did last year.
I'll hit the range tonight!

Have fun! I went to the range last night.... No idea if it actually helped anything!

Room for spectators if we don't get picked? lol

Back