I wouldn't want to own a hybrid anything without a warranty. That's just me though.

I don't know... Just seems like if you have an appropriately sized emergency fund, an extended warranty is just throwing money away. Maybe I listen to Dave Ramsey too often...

The main reason I traded the Touareg was the hybrid clutch went out at 85,000 miles. It was replaced under warranty but the service tech said to sell the car soon ... Also the batteries are very expensive to replace in the hybrid and the tires were close to need to be replaced. Loved the car, just time for it to go ... and that warranty paid for itself ...

I don't know... Just seems like if you have an appropriately sized emergency fund, an extended warranty is just throwing money away. Maybe I listen to Dave Ramsey too often...

The main reason I traded the Touareg was the hybrid clutch went out at 85,000 miles. It was replaced under warranty but the service tech said to sell the car soon ... Also the batteries are very expensive to replace in the hybrid and the tires were close to need to be replaced. Loved the car, just time for it to go ... and that warranty paid for itself ...

Rgr, 85k miles... Changes perspective.

Plus i traded the Touareg for a 2015 Passat for my wife and a 2013 GLI for me !!! LOVE VW !!

Rgr, 85k miles... Changes perspective.

Plus i traded the Touareg for a 2015 Passat for my wife and a 2013 GLI for me !!! LOVE VW !!

Same here... I had a 2012 GTI that I had to sell due to a transfer, but at the top of my list when I return to the mainland. Maybe a Golf R!

Agreed, I wouldn't buy an extended warranty either.

If you want me to do the usual hacks (windows up/down via fob, no door chime, no alarm beep on lock/unlock), please let me know. I have a VCDS cable.

Sounds good. I'll let you know. Maybe we can get together sometime and hit a few balls at 401 or Knights Play or play a few holes somewhere.

Sounds good. I'll let you know. Maybe we can get together sometime and hit a few balls at 401 or Knights Play or play a few holes somewhere.
Works for me. Maybe we can get some of the other Carolina guys out for something as well.

My brother just spent $1,700 to fix his air conditioner.... His extended warranty ended 3 months earlier.

He did have a bunch of things fixed under the warranty though. It was $$$ well spent for him.

Same here... I had a 2012 GTI that I had to sell due to a transfer, but at the top of my list when I return to the mainland. Maybe a Golf R!

The R is amazing. I still get excited when I know I have to drive even if its just a quick drive down the road. A $800 tune makes it a whole new car that's even more insane. Just a warning it is a money pit but not for the normal reason. I have a page long list of mods I still want to do with it and that's after doing a handful already.

We have a 2014 Audi A4 and will soon be buying a Beetle Convertible. My daughter turns 16 soon and both her and my wife would like a convertible. We look forward to having her driving to help with errands and running her little sister around to sports I've been looking for a 2012 or newer used one but they don't seem to be depreciating much. The dealer I spoke with offered a $4,200 discount on a couple new 2015's he had on the lot so we may wind up going that way as we could pick one up for about $23,000 plus tax. My daughter turns 16 soon and both her and my wife would like a convertible and we look forward to having her driving to help with errands and running her little sister around to sports. My wife owned a 1990 and a 1995 VW Cabriolet so maybe this is her mid life crisis!

We have a 2014 Audi A4 and will soon be buying a Beetle Convertible. My daughter turns 16 soon and both her and my wife would like a convertible. We look forward to having her driving to help with errands and running her little sister around to sports I've been looking for a 2012 or newer used one but they don't seem to be depreciating much. The dealer I spoke with offered a $4,200 discount on a couple new 2015's he had on the lot so we may wind up going that way as we could pick one up for about $23,000 plus tax. My daughter turns 16 soon and both her and my wife would like a convertible and we look forward to having her driving to help with errands and running her little sister around to sports. My wife owned a 1990 and a 1995 VW Cabriolet so maybe this is her mid life crisis!

My wife has a 2012 Beetle with the 2.5 and the Sound and Sun package. It drives well and she loves it to death.

I have to replace my turbo inlet pipe. The stock OEM plastic crap deformed a little and now wants to push itself off and fell off today. It should last until my new one arrives. I'm replacing it with a Forge Silicone hose that should be in early next week. Should be a quick install depending on how vw oriented the hose clamp on the turbo side. Also planning on a DSG tune before Disney and its a matter of time before I do the Euro led tails and downpipe/stage 2. Probably do the tails after Christmas and the downpipe in march or april. This car is a money pit in a more non conventional way.

I love my euro LED tails. I especially like the rear fog light. It's bright enough that people stop tailgating when I throw it on. :)
I have to replace my turbo inlet pipe. The stock OEM plastic crap deformed a little and now wants to push itself off and fell off today. It should last until my new one arrives. I'm replacing it with a Forge Silicone hose that should be in early next week. Should be a quick install depending on how vw oriented the hose clamp on the turbo side. Also planning on a DSG tune before Disney and its a matter of time before I do the Euro led tails and downpipe/stage 2. Probably do the tails after Christmas and the downpipe in march or april. This car is a money pit in a more non conventional way.

I love my euro LED tails. I especially like the rear fog light. It's bright enough that people stop tailgating when I throw it on. :)

At first I couldn't justify spending close to a grand on tail lights but when reprogrammed so the amber blinkers work they look incredible and make the rear end look even better. Deutsche Auto Parts makes a replaceable reverse light for the euro tails that makes in insanely bright.

At first I couldn't justify spending close to a grand on tail lights but when reprogrammed so the amber blinkers work they look incredible and make the rear end look even better. Deutsche Auto Parts makes a replaceable reverse light for the euro tails that makes in insanely bright.
Checking out that tail now. LOL My 35% tint with the stock single tail doesn't work too well.

Not my car but the same color. The difference is huge especially when there are pictures with the amber blinkers.

mls847.jpg

vs

6quwef.jpg

I'm personally going to go with the tinted tails.
214214.jpg

The tinted tails are definitely the way to go (what I put on my mk6).

At my local dealer:
0fdaac51a4c6f2486d2b2baa476d82e0.jpg

I'm in for some CEL love

APR torture testing their stage 3 upgrade for MK7's. I'm curious to see the numbers from these. The turbos available in Europe give insane gains.

SVX engine swap into my Vanagon is draining both patience and funds...

Yeah its going to be huge. Originally it was thought to just be the US but rumor has it its a global thing.

Back