UnOfficial Nor Cal/So Cal Get-Together Thread

We've got a lot of votes for La Purisma so far. I think we should stick to it.

Do you have a link to that list? I'd like to check it out!

I've only played LaP once and it was a lot of fun. I think its difficult but I wouldn't say its more difficult than Poppy Hills. Maybe from the tips its more difficult, but I think its a very fun course. LaP and Monarch would be a heck of a weekend!

Oh I just looked it up. La Purisma is #33 the most hardest place to play in the country.

According to ESPN
33. LA PURISIMA GOLF COURSE
Lompoc, Calif. | 7,105 YARDS / PAR 72
The Bethpage Black of the West Coast. Locally, it's known as "La Piranha." To soothe the pain, there are plenty of terrific Santa Ynez Valley wineries nearby.

Its tough, but mostly because its windy anytime after 10. If we play there. I'll play off the lowest cap of our group to make it fair. I always shoot between 90-95 there. If my home course was somewhere else I think my cap would be 5 strokes less.

Do you have a link to that list? I'd like to check it out!

Think there is a link in the first post and Wonton posted it in another one upstream.

I've been wanting to play La Purisima for a long time now, but can never get anyone to go with me.

I'm in for the weekend of August 13 and 14 representing SoCal.

Its tough, but mostly because its windy anytime after 10. If we play there. I'll play off the lowest cap of our group to make it fair. I always shoot between 90-95 there. If my home course was somewhere else I think my cap would be 5 strokes less.
I'm not sure what that means.

I've never played with any of you guys.

I stopped tracking my HC when you had to start having someone verify your score, so I don't have a totally accurate HC.

Edit: I think I know what that means.

I've heard a few guys tell me that if you are a mid 80's golfer, if you break 100 there (LP) your first time playing (if the wind is blowing, which I believe it often is), that's not a bad round.

So, we will all suck together.

I was think Sandpiper was a little further than that. I think a twilight is around $100. Just wasn't sure how much guys want to drive when some are pushing 3 to 4 hours to get there.
If you think you can get us a deal at LP that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what that means.

I've never played with any of you guys.

I stopped tracking my HC when you had to start having someone verify your score, so I don't have a totally accurate HC.

Edit: I think I know what that means.

We don't really care if you have an accurate cap, a good estimate is fine. If you have a real cap that's great. What I was saying if somebody's a 7 cap and I'm a 12. I will play to a 7 cap for the round at LP to make things more fair as its my home course. Just hope we don't get any scratch golfers that weekend :).

I voted LP and Monarch as the Sunday course. I'll play wherever. I'll just be happy to play something different.

I voted LP and Monarch as the Sunday course. I'll play wherever. I'll just be happy to play something different.

It it seems like it's going to be La Purisma and Monarch. I think most people would be good with that.

We don't really care if you have an accurate cap, a good estimate is fine. If you have a real cap that's great. What I was saying if somebody's a 7 cap and I'm a 12. I will play to a 7 cap for the round at LP to make things more fair as its my home course. Just hope we don't get any scratch golfers that weekend :).

Out of curiosity, as a 12.3 HC playing that as your regular course, what would a typical GOOD round for you be there?

Out of curiosity, as a 12.3 HC playing that as your regular course, what would a typical GOOD round for you be there?

My personal best is 88 from the blues, I'm very consistent. Most of my scores are between 90-95.

Need about 4-5 more SoCal guys and we'll be in business. I think NorCal can field a team of 8.

Is this pretty much first come, first serve for participants?

Last year we had 12 total I believe but I don't think we would turn people away for either side.

If we got 16 total that would be AWESOME and maybe we could get a regional rivalry next year if that comes back.

If we have uneven numbers we can get creative to figure it out. Seems like we have dates and are getting close on courses, so we could start making lists of commits for both sides to really start planning this out.

Yeah, but we'll keep expanding if their is more interest. I'd love to see a 8 vs 8 showdown.

Back