Nike Vapor Pro Driver Review

I pounded this on last weekend at Club Clash.

I can't stand the blue crown. At all. But I'd look past it to hit drives like I did with it. Anything around the center just rocketed off and went deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't stand the blue crown. At all. But I'd look past it to hit drives like I did with it. Anything around the center just rocketed off and went deep.

The blue is the Vapor Fly Pro. But yep, both that one and last year's Pro are solid, solid drivers.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Moved it.

Last edited:

I really liked the Fly Pro + i hit this past weekend. Spin numbers were high (mid 3000's) but I loved how well it swung. This one just wants to go straight.

There is a Vapor Fly Pro thread here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ke-Vapor-Fly-Driver-amp-Vapor-Fly-Pro-Preview

Struggled a bit today, ball kept leaking to the right, probably over swinging. Threw in the old black tie shaft (mainly because I haven't tried it yet) and the flight straightened immediately, picked up some distance as well. It was like, hello old friend!

What can I say about the VP at 10.5 and the black tie stiff shaft combo? Hit every fairway today except the one where I drove the green. Fairway finding machine, that.is.all!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I'm probably giving up some yards with the black tie as it's likely too stiff for me, but I'm sure my overall average is up today with no bad shots. What I can't seem to figure out is if it's the flex profile of the shaft, the weight, or both, that makes it so easy to hit dead straight drives.

Hitting this against my R15 today, it reinforced the fact of this being a little shorter (5yds ish), but the misses are infinitely more playable. A little toe hook with this is generally still in play for me with respectable distance. Sound and feel remains pretty much the gold standard as far as I'm concerned.

I did increase the loft up to 12.5 today though, so hopefully that might give me a few more carry yards. Haven't been launching it as high as I should lately. May take it back down if my swing stops being stupid lol

Hitting this against my R15 today, it reinforced the fact of this being a little shorter (5yds ish), but the misses are infinitely more playable. A little toe hook with this is generally still in play for me with respectable distance. Sound and feel remains pretty much the gold standard as far as I'm concerned.

I did increase the loft up to 12.5 today though, so hopefully that might give me a few more carry yards. Haven't been launching it as high as I should lately. May take it back down if my swing stops being stupid lol

I still find myself amazed at how accurate I can be with this club. I can still miss with it, but like you mentioned, even the misses are more playable, and fewer. I keep bouncing between 8.5 and 10.5 though. I really need to get this on a good LM to find out which is actually the best setting.

I still find myself amazed at how accurate I can be with this club. I can still miss with it, but like you mentioned, even the misses are more playable, and fewer. I keep bouncing between 8.5 and 10.5 though. I really need to get this on a good LM to find out which is actually the best setting.

With my stupid flat driver swing, need moar loft lol. 11.5 or 12.5 for me

With my stupid flat driver swing, need moar loft lol. 11.5 or 12.5 for me

That's funny because I'm always trying to get flatter, while still getting a positive AoA by playing the ball a bit forward. Doing that produces the longest drives I am physically capable of by keeping the launch high and the spin low. My normal swing can get pretty steep so too much spin is always an issue, thus the need for lower lofts. I wish I could play a higher loft and still get good spin numbers, because it would be even easier to keep the ball straight.

I tried again to increase the loft this evening on the VP, but the spin goes up into the 4000 range, and the ball comes up short. 8.5 gives the best overall distance, but can get pretty wild with off center hits and not delivering a square club face.

Hit my VP real nice tonight with the PX Custom. Missed two drives but both were playable with respectability distance, and the other two were crushed! Just love this club, it just wants to play a baby fade.

While I am always trying other drivers, this one continues to fight to keep its spot in the bag. There are some that may give a bit more distance, and yield higher ball speeds across the face, but the accuracy I get with VP has been nothing short of phenomenal!

Feeling much better this evening and killing the VP. Ball speeds into the 150's again, finally. I don't know if it's winter rust, or just fatigue from overdoing it at times, but I had been struggling to get over 145 the last week or so. Took it outside and had a great time mashing balls down the middle, with a few pulls, and strangely enough, a few fades thrown in. They all would have been in play. One drive I really crushed, and I wish I could have measured it because , if it wasn't the longest drive I have ever hit on level ground and no wind, it would likely be close.

I busted out this guy again with the Elements Chrome at 45" on Saturday and compared to the Triton/PX combo. They're very different drivers, both of which I might have a use for. The Triton is about 15 yards longer, but wants to fade a bit more. The VP on the other hand, while shorter, just seem to want to fly dead straight, but longer than a typical 3W and even (here's where it gets interesting) my mini driver. It's also more forgiving than either option because of the large driver head.

I'm considering playing this again as a second "straight" driver as is, or even possible chopping it down another inch and adding some lead tape.

I took this out on the course yesterday for the first time in a while with the THP Elements Chrome in it at 45" and used it as my "thriver". Turned it all the way up to 12.5* and choked up to about 43.5"-44" every swing. It was awesome. I hit it pretty much dead straight almost every time, and just felt really in control every time I swung it. However, it might be too long to use as a thriver! I hit a couple drives just as long as the Triton, and I actually hit my longest of the day with it (although that was downwind). It's making me ponder cutting the Triton down as well.

So yeah, this driver is certainly no slouch. I continue to LOVE the sound of it over almost any driver I've ever used, and though some don't, I love the look as well. I just need to figure out a way to have it in the bag too! I can draw it easier than the Triton, so maybe I'll use it as a "draw" driver and the Triton will be my fader.

I took this out on the course yesterday for the first time in a while with the THP Elements Chrome in it at 45" and used it as my "thriver". Turned it all the way up to 12.5* and choked up to about 43.5"-44" every swing. It was awesome. I hit it pretty much dead straight almost every time, and just felt really in control every time I swung it. However, it might be too long to use as a thriver! I hit a couple drives just as long as the Triton, and I actually hit my longest of the day with it (although that was downwind). It's making me ponder cutting the Triton down as well.

So yeah, this driver is certainly no slouch. I continue to LOVE the sound of it over almost any driver I've ever used, and though some don't, I love the look as well. I just need to figure out a way to have it in the bag too! I can draw it easier than the Triton, so maybe I'll use it as a "draw" driver and the Triton will be my fader.
I think it's time to stop fighting it and just play your driver at 44". I've yet to see you hit a poor drive in a short/heavy setup lol.

I think it's time to stop fighting it and just play your driver at 44". I've yet to see you hit a poor drive in a short/heavy setup lol.
I'm certainly tempted to just take the jump. It would be easy to do with the Triton via polyfill, or the Vapor I could lead tape up.

Back