DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone playing Friday?

I'm making it a 4 day weekend and need to prep for the weekend tourney.

Bankers. Lucky effer's. Have fun! :angel:

Been in the city since Jan 1 and have played some courses in the area but am looking for a group to go out with. I look forward to meeting some of yall

Been in the city since Jan 1 and have played some courses in the area but am looking for a group to go out with. I look forward to meeting some of yall

Absolutely man! We are always going out so just look for someone posting and hop on in.

Look forward to meeting you!

Cookie how did today go? Also played in a tournament and witnessed my first hole in one today. It was awesome because it was a tournament and if you hit a hole in one you won $20,000. This guy hit the ball and right ways you could tell it was going to be good and sure enough it was. The guy just about cried and it was awesome just to be there when it happend.

That's awesome man! Went okay.....posting momentarily in the what did you shoot with all the details.

Played Cleburne Links today. Really fun track. It's links style with fast greens and some crazy undulations. Made for a few three putts as I was not always able to figure out the breaks. Right now with it being dry we were able to find a few balls that did not hit the fairway but if it has been raining and the rough was growing, it will eats balls. There are no bunkers but that does not take away from the course. I mess up a couple of holes because I had not played there before and I hit shots that I would not hit again knowing what lies ahead. I went there looking ahead for next Aprils outing to see if it would fit and I think it will for a first round. Hopefully I can attend next year now that I have to look for a new job, everything is up in the air. Anyway I would recommend making the trip down there to play a round. Also, great hamburgers!!! One other thing, you do not come back to the clubhouse after the front nine.

Played Cleburne Links today. Really fun track. It's links style with fast greens and some crazy undulations. Made for a few three putts as I was not always able to figure out the breaks. Right now with it being dry we were able to find a few balls that did not hit the fairway but if it has been raining and the rough was growing, it will eats balls. There are no bunkers but that does not take away from the course. I mess up a couple of holes because I had not played there before and I hit shots that I would not hit again knowing what lies ahead. I went there looking ahead for next Aprils outing to see if it would fit and I think it will for a first round. Hopefully I can attend next year now that I have to look for a new job, everything is up in the air. Anyway I would recommend making the trip down there to play a round. Also, great hamburgers!!! One other thing, you do not come back to the clubhouse after the front nine.

Thats crazy about the front nine not ending at the clubhouse. Where do you end up?

Thats crazy about the front nine not ending at the clubhouse. Where do you end up?

Not all that uncommon really, Cowboys Golf club is the same way. And if you ever make it out to SC to play then True Blue is a fantastic track that does the same thing.

My birdie on 11 didn't stand up for a skin yesterday. Eight strokes out of the lead heading into today, need a sub 80 around to stand a chance at all.

My birdie on 11 didn't stand up for a skin yesterday. Eight strokes out of the lead heading into today, need a sub 80 around to stand a chance at all.

Play one hole at a time
Good luck today

Finally got to play again today. It wasn't pretty, I was afraid of hurting my back so the front 9 was topped ball city. Started getting it together on the back 9. Didn't even bother to keep score, I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. Things should start getting better though.

Anyone playing Saturday?

Thinking about playing in the 2 day club championship at Pecan Valley.....still trying to decide.
Let me know. I'm looking to get some more time in before Novembers tournament.

Got a deal at Tangleridge Saturday afternoon if you want in.
Thank you but I would have to have a early time. My bday is Saturday and my wife has plans for afternoon and evening.

Im looking for something around 2 on Saturday. My wife told me tonight she invited some friends over for a quiliting day at our house.

Sunday, 10/18
Meadowbrook (30 & 820)
8:22 AM

1) #Cookie
2) afwcardinal
3) djcoolaid1914
4) cwmonroe87

Last edited:
Sunday, 10/18
Meadowbrook (30 & 820)