Pics of the TaylorMade Tour Preferred Irons

What I read just said a kbs tour shaft. Any specific would just be speculation.

90's would probably be very awesome in the CB model.

Or CTL's

CTL's would be awesome for the CB's. Put Tour's in the MC and v2's in the MB.

There would be so much win.

CTL's would be awesome for the CB's. Put Tour's in the MC and v2's in the MB.

There would be so much win.

I like the cut of your jib sir.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any idea when we'll get loft specs for these sets? I'd like to try to have my gapping figured out before January.

Any idea when we'll get loft specs for these sets? I'd like to try to have my gapping figured out before January.

My guess is whenever the embargo date is

I can't wait for embargo to lift on these. I really, really want to see clean photos of each of the three.

Ditto this. I've searched and searched hoping to find another pic or two to be leaked, but to no avail. TMaG is missing an op to build some buzz over these babies IMO.

I've been searching around as well.. I'm interested to see if the lofts will be the same as the older TPs and I want to see more pics!!!

These definitely look amazing. Real question is if I can hit them well. I'm getting a new set of irons with my tax money this spring, I was thinking RocketBladez or the Rockebladez Tour, these look great, but it will depend on which ones I hit better.

SpeedBlades are still an option though. I don't know. These look so damn good though. Choices choices.

SpeedBlades are still an option though. I don't know. These look so damn good though. Choices choices.

This is true. Their iron lineup for 2014 is extremely solid in every direction.

I can't wait for embargo to lift on these. I really, really want to see clean photos of each of the three.

As do I. I bet those look even sick in person.

As do I. I bet those look even sick in person.

These are the first TM irons I have been really excited about in a long time personally.

I've been searching around as well.. I'm interested to see if the lofts will be the same as the older TPs and I want to see more pics!!!

I've been wondering about this as well. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing stronger lofts but I think they will be more of the traditional since they are more of a players iron. Really wanting to see the specs on these beauties either way!

I am also hoping to get more details on lofts. I am guessing I will end up moving back to a 3 wedge system vs the 4 wedge system I am running now and putting my 17* hybrid back in the bag.

I'm not sure if anybody has already said this, but I'm so glad that TM axed the big weight screw in the back of the TP series. The new line looks SO much cleaner, IMO.

Something about Taylormade Irons. I'm still playing R11's and just love them. SpeedBlades look nice as well as the few pics of the new line. Can't wait to hear more.

It will be interesting to see what tour players will put these in play. I would bet that DJ, Rose, and maybe Sergio will move to them. Along with a few others as the calendar turns..

It will be interesting to see what tour players will put these in play. I would bet that DJ, Rose, and maybe Sergio will move to them. Along with a few others as the calendar turns..
I have a feeling Jason Day will as well.

I have a feeling Jason Day will as well.

He was the other name I trying to think of.

I think another thing that could be an interesting follow is how many will use SpeedBlade or RocketBladez Tour long irons and TP mid-short irons. IIRC Justin Rose does this with the older TP MB's now.

I'm not sure if anybody has already said this, but I'm so glad that TM axed the big weight screw in the back of the TP series. The new line looks SO much cleaner, IMO.
I've been going back and forth between this and another message board and I think this might be the second reference to this. I think the first might have been earlier in this thread. I want to be excited about the MCs. The weight in the back wasn't very pleasing to the eye. As a matter of fact, the entire backside of the iron was bland. A little color would have gone a long way. I was really excited last week. But the more I read about these the less and less excited I became. While forged isn't a requirement of mine, it's really nice to have. I've hit plenty of cast irons that felt pretty smooth. Not quite buttery....maybe cream cheesy? Anyway, I'm going to wait to hit them before I cast any stones about TMaG making mistakes, and blah blah blah. So far I like the way these look, and I really like the way the new Nike Pro Combos look and feel. Not sure if I'm ready to take another dive into Nike again.

Last edited:
Maybe margerine-y?

I like your thinking Hawk!

Something about Taylormade Irons. I'm still playing R11's and just love them. SpeedBlades look nice as well as the few pics of the new line. Can't wait to hear more.

I love my R11's as well. I can't wait to get the MCs in my hand to compare!

And I can't even come into this thread without grinning. Hurry up January!!!

Back