The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

So, reading through all of these has really helped as we prepare for the event. Looks like the collection of THPers all call out the tee game as a weakness. Should help in determining what tees we play and how we ask them to grow the rough!

Thanks for making this all out in the open JMan!
Just wait until we get custom fit GBBs in our hands, and it will quickly become a strength.

So, reading through all of these has really helped as we prepare for the event. Looks like the collection of THPers all call out the tee game as a weakness. Should help in determining what tees we play and how we ask them to grow the rough!

Cmon now Jason, its the internet. You know nobody describes their golf game as reality. :alien:

Callaway obviously has Belichick on retainer as a consultant.

Callaway obviously has Belichick on retainer as a consultant.

Just wait until we show you the video tapes we have of all your get togethers and practice rounds and then the Chrome Soft balls you will get that may be a little "soft"

Cmon now Jason, its the internet. You know nobody describes their golf game as reality. :alien:

True, but the exaggeration usually goes the other way so if they say it is the biggest weakness, it must be REALLY bad.

True, but the exaggeration usually goes the other way so if they say it is the biggest weakness, it must be REALLY bad.

Ill admit, I was quite worried reading that. Some thigns have a way of working out though.

Just wait until we show you the video tapes we have of all your get togethers and practice rounds and then the Chrome Soft balls you will get that may be a little "soft"

I hope Team Redemption is seeing this, Finley and the ZooCrew are scared! Resorting to trickery so soon. Keep it up guys!

I suggest all THP'ers either eat and drink only what Jason orders the night before the matches begin, or hire a food taster. #NeverKnowWhatsLurkingInThatPasta

Step 1 is complete. Fly in under the radar & execute like ninjas.

At least your Cardinals prepared you for more losing. Too soon?

What baseball team is it you like, the Padres? How did that massive payroll work out for you guys this year? Better yet, when is the last time they were relevant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honesty is the best policy, we had to pick a flaw, I know I'm far from perfect, but we could all be redeeming ourselves in the near future based on the ground work we lay down between now and December! We are #TeamRedemption and we do have one particular goal that makes for some hefty motivation!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You're welcome, just trying to avoid the petty behind closed doors drama and bring everyone, including you awesome individuals, into the fold.

super jealous of the professional fitting you'll all get. I know what club heads I'd want, but have no clue what shafts would truly be the best for me. To have those minds at your disposal, along with what I'm guessing is every shaft pairing possible, would be absolutely incredible.

Haha. I'm definitely not going to exaggerate. Everything I post in here now will be on display in December for the Zoo Crew, team Redemption, and all of THP that is following along. Good, bad or ugly. I do plan on putting in work consistently between now and then, and as I improve, you all will be the first to know. My excitement for this is still at an all time high, building each day we get closer to the event!

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

You can't believe everything that you read on the internet. :act-up:

To Team Redemption, if the "Chrome Soft" looks hand written, don't use those balls. I have a feeling someone may have repainted some "Rockflights" or some exploding balls. But then again that would be pretty awesome if someone got up on #1 tee and had their ball explode. Might help with the nerves for a few of the #Zoocrew.

I hope Team Redemption is seeing this, Finley and the ZooCrew are scared! Resorting to trickery so soon. Keep it up guys!

Yeah, I am so scared I am not sure I am going to be able to sleep for the next couple weeks as this event approaches.

What baseball team is it you like, the Padres? How did that massive payroll work out for you guys this year? Better yet, when is the last time they were relevant?

They are a couple rounds into the offseason already so a leg up on getting the rust off their golf games already. Winning!

Still waiting on the answer to my question

Had to make my way there. Congrats on going down in the first round. You got 4 extra games.....congrats on that.

I would like to know how Finley is preparing for Texas Hacker heading into the 2015 Grandaddy?

1. What do you think is your biggest strength on the golf course? Why/how?

Im not sure really. I dont have any real strengths, but I do know how to play smart golf and I do for the most part keep it in front of me.

2. What do you think is your biggest weakness on the golf course? Why/how?

When I get tired, I play really bad golf.
My injury keeps me from really going after the ball, but that is more of an excuse than sound reasoning.
Last year there was no question it was putting. I three putt 7 greens after being up 2 to AJ through 8 holes. This year I have rectified that a bit and have not really struggled on the greens.

3. What work are you putting in to try and address weaknesses and/or build on the strengths?
Im working on a lot of different things, but most of it is going back to the basics for me. Getting up and down from anywhere, which has always been my strength has become a major weakness. That is being fixed and think with the right partner we will be par machines.

4. What is your history of competitive golf situations?
The no HOF tags says it all. Haha. Seriously in THP Events I have struggled with the team. Im a terrible captain, because I always felt as though motivation was not necessary. My Morgan Cup team was downright awful, despite playing well personally. That is on me. Last year in the Grandaddy myself and my partner won our first match and halved our second match. Then I was just terrible in my singles match on the back nine.

5. In a pairing format, what type of player do you think would benefit you most in competition? Why?
ANybody. I dont have a preference. I like to play golf. I like to enjoy the golf course. And I like to win matches. Give me a person that likes it a bit laid back, without it being too laid back and we will play well together. I like being carried when I am in a rut and dont mind carrying when my partner is down.

6. In a singles format, will giving up strokes (potentially many) play a role with you mentally in your ability to play YOUR game? Can you adapt and overcome that aspect? Be honest.
This is a great question and the answer is different for everybody. For me, it literally does not bother me in the least bit. I dont care or worry about what the other person is doing or has done. In fact my record against high handicappers giving strokes is better than my record getting them since I just do not take advantage of the situation.

Hope this helps.
Course management is huge in competitive situations. Keeping it in front of you is always a good play. Most of #teamredemption will be playing at a course never seen before so being mentally prepared to choose the right shot/target is huge.

That.. And 11 more rings than the Padres. 11 Jason

Congrats, the team you root for is better the team I root for.

How is your record against me in things actually under our control?

I would like to know how Finley is preparing for Texas Hacker heading into the 2015 Grandaddy?

What is Nothing?

Back