Cobra KING F6 Irons - THP Review Thread

When i got fitted about 2 months ago these were the ones i hit the best, beat the jpx 850s, rsi 1, my stock r11 and the xr, by a good 5-10 yards.
Really sweet clubs and i think they look amazing.

I have a local shop that probably has these and I am going to hit them. I know I shouldn't because I don't need irons but I have to try these out

I have a feeling you would walk out with these.

..these were the ones i hit the best, beat the jpx 850s, rsi 1, my stock r11 and the xr, by a good 5-10 yards.
Really sweet clubs...

Agreed! I play R9s which I really really like. Had demo'ed those same clubs plus several others, including the new Wilson C200s which I really really liked and was ready to pull the trigger on... But none were compelling enough to me to get me to give up the R9s. But I went back to a store to re-test to sort of confirm my opinion on the C200s when the very helpful store rep handed me an F6 .... and that was "IT"!!! Going back to the store with an older set of clubs (not the R9s) to trade-in and walk out with the F6s!

Agreed! I play R9s which I really really like. Had demo'ed those same clubs plus several others, including the new Wilson C200s which I really really liked and was ready to pull the trigger on... But none were compelling enough to me to get me to give up the R9s. But I went back to a store to re-test to sort of confirm my opinion on the C200s when the very helpful store rep handed me an F6 .... and that was "IT"!!! Going back to the store with an older set of clubs (not the R9s) to trade-in and walk out with the F6s!

which shafts you leaning towards?

Pulled the trigger on these today. Thanks to a trade in bonus.
Get them in 10-12 days. I am super pumped about these and can't wait to get them.
Graphite stiff shaft. +.5 length and 1 degree flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new sticks! Looking forward to the feedback.

Just bought a set of F6's, 4-AW with fst reg shafts. Right now I bag adams cb2 forged irons and consider myself an excellent iron player. I will post in about a week or 2 a side by side comparison.

Jealousy...congrats!

a local course is having a demo day this weekend and cant wait to try these out.

Post THP Club Clash, we will be giving these away.

Post THP Club Clash, we will be giving these away.
That is so exciting. Can't wait to follow along with Club Clash

Just got notice that mine will be in tommorow. So excited about these.

I hope someone can help me here, as I am quite interested in these Cobra F6 irons. I have made up my mind that a new set of irons IS in my immediate future. Unfortunately, the closest shops that can properly fit me (PGA Superstore and Golfsmith) are 1.5 & 2 hours from my home, so I can't make a multitude of trips. As fortune had it, I was able to drop into the PGA Superstore this past weekend, but my bride was with me, and .... how may I put this nicely ... she was antsy and I wasn't comfortable spending a great deal of time and risking a truly miserable ride home.

To shorten this, the fitter was a nice young man who was bound and determined to put me in a set of Ping Gmax's. The only clubs he had me hit were Wilsons (unsure which one, 3 shots), Callaway XR's (4 shots), and the Gmax's (all told, about 20 shots). I agree with the specs he told me I need ... SR flex graphite shafts, red dot (though 0.5 flat is actually ideal according to the tape), +0.5 length due to my relatively short arms. All I ever hit was a 7 iron.

As I said, he (and the wife) were pushing me to buy Gmax's. I wanted to hit the G series, as well as Cobra's, but didn't have the time. Based on what little I've actually seen and all I've read, I'm thinking no on Gmax's and Cobra Max's. Too much offset encourages duck hooks on my part. This what scares me most about those 2. I'm also hesitant regarding the vast size of them.

A last bit of information. 1 of my golfing buddies has Gmax's, yellow dot. I've hit them a few times and have yet to hit a decent shot, though I was hitting some decent ones at the Superstore (likely due to it being a red dot iron). Another buddy has Ping G30's, std length, red dot. Off and on, I've hit his club's roughly 15 times. 1 of those shots I caught on the toe (it went straight). All the others I caught dead center resulting in straight shots as well.

So, my friends are telling me to go with the G series irons. But, I can't get these F6's out of my mind. I really like the tech they offer, and I actually love the look of these irons. Any advice would be more than welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Golf is about fun. You should play what you want to and enjoy. I don't think you will anything in that G series model that you cannot get out of these.

Oh my goodness...so maybe I should wait one more week. Talk about Xmas before Xmas.

Looked at these again last night while at Dick's. Just mesmerizing to look at. The weighting feels great across the line.

I'm really intrigued with these irons but haven't had a chance to hit these or any Cobra irons for that matter. They look amazing and I can only hope that would play that way as well.

I am feeling very comfortable with my Amp Cells and my swing is in a good place. I would love to put my Amp Cells up against the F6s and see what they are all about...

Just got notice that mine will be in tommorow. So excited about these.

Please share your thoughts when you get them. Pretty jealous that you have these en route?

When will you be able to hit them?

Please share your thoughts when you get them. Pretty jealous that you have these en route?

When will you be able to hit them?

I am hoping to get them mid day tommorow from the place I ordered from. As soon as I get them I am driving to the range to hit them. I'm super excited about these.
I will definetly be sharing my thoughts on these.

I am hoping to get them mid day tommorow from the place I ordered from. As soon as I get them I am driving to the range to hit them. I'm super excited about these.
I will definetly be sharing my thoughts on these.
Awesome. Enjoy and can't wait to read your thoughts

Had an extended session with these on the range this afternoon with a TT XP95 shaft loaded in. The distance and forgiveness comments are warranted, they perform across the face but truly reward a center struck shot mid/low on the face. My sense is these are all about ensuring they are paired with the right engine and if they are I can see them performing for a wide range of golfers.

Back