Nic Faldo signs with Mizuno

If they want to pay him, good on him for taking it.

He play's golf????

I know he's getting up there in age, but I don't think he'll need the woods for the par 3!

As others have said, good for him. Take the money and wear the shirt. Same for Norman at Cobra. He got 40 million by selling Cobra back in the day and now he has a set of clubs for each of his homes.

Didn't Tom Watson sign with Callaway recently? This seems about the same to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I need Ben to create an image for me, so that I can just post that at times.

Here are some options.

Classy Dean
the-dean-has.jpg

Political Dean
the-dean-has-ckzxe3.jpg

90s Throwback Dean
the-dean-has-cva3lb.jpg

Didn't Tom Watson sign with Callaway recently? This seems about the same to me.

That's an interesting comparison, I see Watson as more marketable than Faldo, but maybe that's just me.

That's an interesting comparison, I see Watson as more marketable than Faldo, but maybe that's just me.

Watson is already on TV advertising Chrome Soft. Considering I have NEVER seen a Mizuno TV ad its not the same as far as marketability.

Faldo is a favorite for me. Mizuno is clearly highly regarded by many. I have come to admire the clean and stylish look of Mizuno irons. Never hit any of them but would love to take some swings.

Watson is already on TV advertising Chrome Soft. Considering I have NEVER seen a Mizuno TV ad its not the same as far as marketability.

I have never seen one here either. Maybe they do in EU?

Now days all the club companies pretty much make top notch stuff.
So going from company to company for the pros is no big deal.
I don't think any particular golfer influences sales except for the uber top tier guys > Tiger, Rory, Rickie etc.
For the rest it is just an advertising exposure every time they are seen.

I bought all my TM stuff because he used it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure Faldo gamed Mizuno blades for awhile in his heyday. I'm at work so it's too difficult to look it up. Somehow he feels more relevant than Luke Donald right now.
Yes he did play for Mizuno previously. I had a set of Mizuno Faldo wedges that were great.

Perfect fit, too bad he's not really a golfer anymore

Hardly surprising, seeing as he won the 1996 Masters with Mizuno gear.

does he still play golf? Not sure i understand this, unless it's more of a 'brand ambassador' like Palmer and Player with Callaway...

Must be brand ambassador as you said. Back in his day he was an awesome iron player. Kind of makes sense as if he's coming back home to Mizuno.

I think it is a nostalgia signing as he was in the Mizuno stable in his playing days. Particularly leveragable in the UK.

Back