The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

Excited:

Meeting the zoo crew and playing this awesome course

Nervous:

Not making an Ass of my self or my Team with terrible play!

Excited for... Playing golf for 4 days with cool THP'ers and The Zoo Crew

Nervous about... Not much really, going into this without taking myself too seriously. I want to have fun and not stress about my game.

Excited:

Meeting the zoo crew and playing this awesome course

Nervous:

Not making an Ass of my self or my Team with terrible play!

As a veteran of the Gauntlet, I can tell you we all hit some terrible shots that first round but by Sunday were hitting great shots (especially on par 3s lol). The nerves will go away and you'll be playing your game. The hard work will pay off that weekend.

BTW, I thought I was your coach for the Gauntlet. Call me up homey!!!

What are the things people are most excited about?
Nervous about?

Excited:
Literally all of it. The entire event puts a smile on my face. If i was to pick just one thing it would be courses honestly, when I first saw this event announced I was immediately drawn to the location.

Nervous:
I am nervous about winning by such a large margin that people resent us :alien:

Nervous about?

Most excited? Getting to meet everyone, both the Callaway and THPers. Along with getting to play a couple of top notch courses.

Most nervous about? Just playing horribly and being a drag on the team. I know it is not something I should worry about, just want to pull my weight.

Can't believe it. 44 more days.
Doing my 44 more days happy dance :banana:

Nervous about?

I am most excited about being glued to the forum and following along as these guys have the time of there lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nervous about?

I'm excited about meeting you, GG and the rest of the THPers attending this event. I'm also looking forward to some desert golf and hanging out with the #ZooCrew. I'm seriously pumped about this event and I'm sitting here smiling like an idiot even thinking about!

As far as nervousness goes, I'd say I'm most nervous about contributing as much as possible to #TeamRookie while making sure I minimize the less desirable parts of my golf game :wink:

I'm excited about meeting you, GG and the rest of the THPers attending this event. I'm also looking forward to some desert golf and hanging out with the #ZooCrew. I'm seriously pumped about this event and I'm sitting here smiling like an idiot even thinking about!

As far as nervousness goes, I'd say I'm most nervous about contributing as much as possible to #TeamRookie while making sure I minimize the less desirable parts of my golf game :wink:

You will be let down by me, thats a given.
GG will not be in attendance, but will be there in spirit, although Fupresti and her are the same height or close, so he will fill in admirably.

I see a lot of people nervous about their play, and I can see why you would be, only thing I would say is dont make to big of a deal about it. Go out there and just play your game, and I guarantee you will have fun and probably play better than if you put all this pressure on yourself. That being said; my team will run laps for all 3 putts.

What am I looking forward to? Meeting the ZooCrew, catching up with JB, fupresti, and a few other folks that I've met previously, and meeting the THPers I haven't had a chance to yet.

What am I nervous about? Hmm - not much, really. There will be butterflies on the first tee, of course. And there's always the chance my game doesn't show up - but in that case I'll just grind, stay upbeat, and be a good teammate. The team formats have a way of bringing out the best in your game if you go in with the right attitude.

You will be let down by me, thats a given.
GG will not be in attendance, but will be there in spirit, although Fupresti and her are the same height or close, so he will fill in admirably.

Haha, hanging with Fup at Top Golf and Desert Forest will be cool, too!

I am disappointed in the lack of excitement in meeting a 2X HoF.

The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

I am disappointed in the lack of excitement in meeting a 2X HoF.
Thanks, Fup! I appreciate your disappointment, but I will be there!!
:drinks:

I am excited to meet all the participants and the #ZooCrew!

Nervous? Not too much - maybe the opening tee shot, but I have done that enough times that whatever happens will be fine!

Oh, and snakes.
bf4f8c9c294db1e2a137ff7f1f3d6e5d.jpg

This photo is from my golf course last fall. On the 11th fairway.
The video will be posted as the event gets closer.

Nervous about?

I'm excited to experience it all and to try to bring a win home for #TeamRookie. Nervous about this whole "desert golf" thing. I've never played in the desert and I'm used to a low roll course. Dry and hard courses could be an adjustment.

Excited about - Meeting the ZooCrew and all of the THP members, especially the other AZ people.

Nervous about- Not being a long hitter, taking 3 shots to get to the fairway.

As for snakes, I have been playing golf since I was 8, (46 now) and most of that has been in AZ. I have played desert courses all over the state and never seen a snake. On the other hand the only snake encounter on a course I have had was when I was playing the course my wife grew up playing in Idaho. Par 5, hit FW for second, walked up to my ball, and a baby rattler was curled up around my ball. Got out my driver and smacked it on the ground a couple of times near him. He struck the face of the driver and I'm sure rang his bell. He slinked of and that was it.
Oh, and snakes.
bf4f8c9c294db1e2a137ff7f1f3d6e5d.jpg

This photo is from my golf course last fall. On the 11th fairway.
The video will be posted as the event gets closer.

Nervous about?
What's there not to be excited about?

And what's there to be nervous about? Nothing. Just be yourself have a blast and all will take care of itself.

I'm just excited to meet everyone for the first time and see what it's like to be part of a callaway event.

I'm nervous about having my game not showing up. I just don't want to embarrass myself!

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Just had a new baby girl last week so I haven't been able to practice much, but I got my clubs regripped today and hopefully can get in my first round of the season in on Friday.

I'm so lucky to have an awesome wife and family support to even let me think about golfing so soon!

Just had a new baby girl last week so I haven't been able to practice much, but I got my clubs regripped today and hopefully can get in my first round of the season in on Friday.

I'm so lucky to have an awesome wife and family support to even let me think about golfing so soon!

Congrats

Nervous about?

Excited about... The whole damn experience!!! Being that this is my first THP Event, it's hard to be more specific... But meeting everyone and playing golf is definitely something to be excited about!!!

Nervous about... Well, like most have said... Not holding my own for the team...

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back