Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The following is a Press Release:

COBRA GOLF EXPANDS THE KING FAMILY WITH F6+ AND F6 METALWOODS

Featuring the All-New CarbonTrac Weighting System and Adjustable CG to Provide Golfers the Perfect Combination of Low CG and High MOI

Carlsbad, Calif. (November 17, 2015) – Cobra Golf, a leader in golf club innovation and technology, today introduced the KING F6+ and F6 family of products, continuing to expand the collection of clubs under the legendary KING brand name. Through innovative research, premium materials, and COBRA’s unique performance enhancing technologies, personalized distance and adjustable center of gravity (CG) is now available to golfers of all levels.
The KING F6 Family includes a collection of Fairway Woods (3-4F, 5-6F and 7-8F) also with adjustable front-to-back weighting. Each fairway, like the F6 driver, features two CG positions and 20-gram and 3-gram moveable weights. Additionally, to maximize distance and ball speed, engineers used a 475 SS face insert combined with COBRA’s Speed Channel Technology. MyFly8 combined with SmartPad delivers eight loft positions to fine-tune your long game. Available in black and blue in RH/LH, the F6 Fairways (MAP $239) come with a Matrix OZIK Red 65Q4 shaft in Lite, R, S and X, and a Lamkin REL 360 grip. Available in store January 15, 2016. Like the driver, a Grey Turbulence with Gecko Green accents model will be available March 15.

f6_fairway_small_zpspt1i8xh5.png

Rounding out the metalwood collection are the KING F6 Hybrids (MAP $199). Each club (2-3H, 3-4H and 4-5H) in RH/LH features a fixed 13-gram back CG weight to deliver high MOI and a more center CG for both forgiveness and precision shot after shot. The new head shape is 3-grams lighter than previous models and touts a thin 455 SS face along with Speed Channel technology for maximum ball speed. The hybrids also feature COBRA’s MyFly8 with SmartPad technologies, and come in Black only, with a MATRIX OZIK Red Tie 75Q4 shaft and a Lamkin REL 360 grip. Available January 15, 2016.

f6_hybrid_zps35glq7ed.png

• Staff
As a heads up, we will have more images for these as soon as possible.

Based on what I'm reading there is a F6+ fairway coming as well? If so can't wait to see the pics and details of that one as well.

These hybrids look nice. Good stock shaft offering as well.

Cobra is gonna take a lot of my money this year. Hybrid looks great

Definitely will be looking to try these. Cobra has some good hybrids I like

Based on what I'm reading there is a F6+ fairway coming as well? If so can't wait to see the pics and details of that one as well.

If I remember correctly, there will not be a F6+ line in the fairways or hybrid.

• Staff
I have loved the look of their hybos but have yet to hit one. Can't wait to see more pics.

Very interesting. I've been so focused on the King LTD, but it's good to see other new lines dropping too. I digging the continued use of the black and orange color scheme.

So where is the vertical CG location compared to the King LTD? Is this near zero CG that Cobra is pushing with the King LTD line?

Love the stock shaft, a bit surprised only coming in black but not a terribly big deal (speaking of the hybrids). Must try at least.

Love that they are going to a 3,5,7 now instead of just the ild 3 and 5. These really have my interest piqued. Can't wait to hear more and hopefully se some in hand images of the blue ones.

Love the stock shaft, a bit surprised only coming in black but not a terribly big deal (speaking of the hybrids). Must try at least.
I wonder if they sold a bunch of different colored Fly-Z drivers and FW, but not so many colored hybrids?

Cobra hybrids always seem to flop open for me when I set them up. Not really sure why, but I haven't really tried any for that reason. Hopefully these don't do that.

Good looking clubs. Not sure how the shaft will work for me but that's easily remedied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It appears that I now have even more reasons to spend time at the Cobra tent this spring. Looking forward to additional pictures as well as initial thoughts on these.

Sitting with the R&D team and talking about this product with Fupresti while at Cobra HQ for several hours, they were beaming when discussing the fairway wood.

JB, let me know if you need someone to tag along with you the next time you visit Cobra HQ. That would be a cool contest as well.

Has anyone gotten one of the fairways in hand yet? I'm debating whether or not I want to go 3/4 or 5/6. Thinking 5/6 but if the 3/4 is easy to hit, I may go that route.

Has anyone gotten one of the fairways in hand yet? I'm debating whether or not I want to go 3/4 or 5/6. Thinking 5/6 but if the 3/4 is easy to hit, I may go that route.

I was able to hit the 3/4 at a demo day along with all the other makes of 3 woods from the other companies. I liked a few, didn't like a few, but the F6 3/4 was my favorite and I went back and hit it again just to make sure. It is on my want list now.

deleted post

Stopped by Miles of Golf in Ann Arbor, MI and ordered the 3/4 Fairway with Aldila Tour Green 757 Stiff and the 4/5 hybrid with the Aldila Tour Blue 85g Stiff.

Went to hit the Cobra and Callaway 816 specifically, and really liked the Cobra much more than the Callaway. Both are great clubs, but the winner for my swing was clear.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back