What's your go to shot?

PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
So its the final day, final round of #TheGrandaddy and your match is AS going into 18 and your match determines who walks away with the belt. What is your go to shot that you want? Could be anything. Specific club off the tee, yardage to a green, anything that you can count on to be a good shot. For me, i would say it would be a 5 wood off the tee.

8 iron from 140.

Don't laugh, but with the current state of my game, the only shot I can pull off consistently right now is the cut 5 iron around a tree from 170 yards. YUCK.

Don't laugh, but with the current state of my game, the only shot I can pull off consistently right now is the cut 5 iron around a tree from 170 yards. YUCK.
Sorry. I chuckled out loud

8 iron and down from the fairway, so much confidence in those clubs right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably a 9 iron into the green is the shot I'd want with the pressure on. I'd be taking hybrid off the tee though as that's where there is the greater margin of error for my game.

Match on the line I want my putter in my hand..

Other than that, anything from 7i on down I'm ok with

AW from 105

85 yards from the hole with a LW in my hands.

Sorry. I chuckled out loud
Just like a stripper, I love to show it off too. It won my buddy and I a two-man scramble tournament on Labor Day weekend and a couple hundred bucks. The old cut 5 iron through the trees to 8 feet routine.

Tap in...

85 yards from the hole with a LW in my hands.
This distance with my 54* SW though. Just nice smooth swing and I hit within 20 to 15 feet often.

AW into the green from 120ish. I'm insanely confident over that shot/distance.

Smooth short iron from the 120-150 range. I don't frequently botch these too badly haha

.40 S&W from about 15yds.

oh wait... wrong answer...

100-145yds...3 different clubs within this touch range. No full swings under 150yds.

Give me a PW at 120 yards to the pin and we will walk away with that belt.

Anything but the 90-105 range. That 15 yard zone is brutal for me right now. But Give me 130-150 and either a 9i or 8i in my hand and I am the most comfortable.

Give me the 3/4 56* from 70-80 yards, that is full on attack mode there!

And my favorite shot currently.

~110-105 3/4 PW. If I HAVE to get close to the pin on the approach, that's what I want into the green. Decent amount of birdies have come this year off that shot.

Back