WITB Winners 7-1-12

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Tiger Woods
PGA Tour: AT&T National
Driver: Nike VR Tour (8.5 degree; Graphite Design DI 6X shaft)
Fairway Woods: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 3-wood (15 degree; Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Board 103x shaft) and SQ II 5-wood (19 degree; Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Board 103x shaft)
Irons (3-PW): Nike VR Pro Blades (True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 shafts)
Wedges: Nike VR Pro (56 and 60 degree; True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 shafts)
Putter: Nike Method 001
Ball: Nike One Tour D

Jamie Donaldson
European Tour: Irish Open
Driver: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast (9.5 degree; Grafalloy Prolite 3.5-X shaft)
Fairway Woods: Callaway Steelhead III 3+ wood (Grafalloy Prolite 3.5-X shaft) and Callaway Steelhead 5-wood (Aldila VS Proto 60x shaft)
Irons (3-9): Ping i15 (True Temper Dynamic Gold shafts)
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled (48, 54 and 60 degree; True Temper Dynamic Gold shafts)
Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth
Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Ai Miyazato
LPGA: Walmart NW Arkansas Championship
Driver: Bridgestone TourStage ViQ prototype (9.5 degree; Graphite Design Tour prototype shaft)
Fairway Woods: Bridgestone TourStage X-Drive 701 3-wood (15 degree; Graphite Design Tour shaft) and Bridgestone TourStage X-FW 701 7-wood (21 degree)
Hybrids: Bridgestone TourStage X-UT 101w #3 and #4 (23.5 and 26.5 degree)
Irons (5-PW): Bridgestone VIQ (Nippon N.S. Pro V-90 shafts)
Wedges: Bridgestone TourStage X-Wedge (52 and 58 degree)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Teron
Ball: Bridgestone TourStage X-01 Solid

Peter Tomasulo
Web.com Tour: United Leasing Championship
Driver: TaylorMade R11S (10.5 degree; True Temper Project X shaft)
Fairway Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 3-wood (15 degree; True Temper Project X shaft)
Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 (16 degree; True Temper Project X shaft)
Irons (3-9): TaylorMade Tour Preferred MB (True Temper Dynamic Gold shafts)
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (54 and 58 degree)
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Select
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Joe Daley
Champions Tour: Constellation Energy Senior Players Championship
Driver: TaylorMade RBZ Tour (9 degree; Fujikura Motore shaft)
Fairway Wood: Cleveland Launcher Comp 3-wood
Irons (4-PW): Cleveland CG Red
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (47, 51, 55 and 59 degree)
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Square
Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Jamie Donaldson's bag looks like some of our signatures.

Some interesting stuff....

TW still playing that SQ 5 wood
Jamie Donaldson playing the older driver & FW woods

I am a dummy and did not realize that Ai was playing the Bridgestone TourStage equipment, wish she could be used in the domestic ads but I have a feeling that she probably generates a ton of buzz for the TourStage equipment internationally.

Wow, some really interesting bags making the circle this week. Jamie Donaldson, you're so last year with your equipment! :D

Interesting to see all the TourStage stuff in Ai's bag too, including the ball. Anyone know if that ball has a Bridgestone branded version, and what ball it is?

Some interesting stuff....

TW still playing that SQ 5 wood
Jamie Donaldson playing the older driver & FW woods

I am a dummy and did not realize that Ai was playing the Bridgestone TourStage equipment, wish she could be used in the domestic ads but I have a feeling that she probably generates a ton of buzz for the TourStage equipment internationally.
I noticed that with J Donaldson as well. Interesting that he plays fairways that are 10 years old.

I noticed that with J Donaldson as well. Interesting that he plays fairways that are 10 years old.

I've yet to find a fairway that is better. Still kick myself for selling mine

Jamie Donaldson's bag looks like some of our signatures.

As does Joe Daley's. Havent heard of the CG Reds in a while.

I love this info, thanks for gathering it up guys!

Wow, some really interesting bags making the circle this week. Jamie Donaldson, you're so last year with your equipment! :D

Interesting to see all the TourStage stuff in Ai's bag too, including the ball. Anyone know if that ball has a Bridgestone branded version, and what ball it is?

B330-RX

These are some unique bags. How long has tiger been playing the SQ 5-wood?

Ai Miyazato's bag looks like she could be a Morgan Cupper 2.0 except for the putter, nice to see her rocking the Bridgestone equipment.

There must be something special with the SQ's I believe Schwartzl still uses them as well.

There must be something special with the SQ's I believe Schwartzl still uses them as well.

Tigger seems to love that 5 wood. I don't know why. I just feel like every time I see him hit it, it's a good shot. It often makes me ponder an SQ 5 wood. Lol.

Those are definitely some different setups, especially Jamie. Crazy that Peter goes from 9i to 54 degree wedge, seems like that would be a large gap.

I really love the WITB.... Tiger plays the same shaft in his driver as me.

Ai's bag interests me a lot but so does Daley's! A lot of good stuff in there an a good weekend for True Temper. Its funny because i didn't think the Dynamic Golds felt the best but they sure are loved by many.

Any idea what loft Tiger's PW is? Interesting that he goes from a PW that I would guess is somewhere around 44* to a 56* wedge. BIG gap.

I guess Im not seeing the huge deal with gaps. they have such control over their clubs why would they need a gap wedge? Sometimes its not about a degree club to a degree club. it's about what you can do with the club in your hands.

I guess Im not seeing the huge deal with gaps. they have such control over their clubs why would they need a gap wedge? Sometimes its not about a degree club to a degree club. it's about what you can do with the club in your hands.

I completely agree, I just find it a bit odd.

Any idea what loft Tiger's PW is? Interesting that he goes from a PW that I would guess is somewhere around 44* to a 56* wedge. BIG gap.

TW's PW is no where near 44*. Closer to 48*

Specs say it's 47*. Not sure if it's bent.

the stock loft on the vr pro pw is 47*... still a big gap but a lot of people don't have a gap wedge

Back