Starbucks Extra Shot?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope WSE was not there at the time.

An employee of a Starbucks coffee shop was wounded in the store yesterday when a gun he was carrying went off, D.C. police said. It was the third time in two days in which police said they found a gun in a busy commercial or residential area.

The employee was hit in the right leg when the handgun discharged accidentally, police said. He was taken to a hospital for treatment of an injury that police said was not life-threatening.

He was charged with carrying a pistol without a license, police said.

The incident occurred at 5 p.m. at 16th and U streets NW, both major thoroughfares.

On Monday, police said, officers found a handgun and several rounds of ammunition during an investigation about two blocks away in the 1400 block of U Street. At least two people were charged with carrying a pistol without a license, they said.

About an hour before that, police said, officers found a handgun and several rounds of ammunition during a traffic stop in the 700 block of Eighth Street NW. Police said they charged someone with carrying a pistol without a license.

See--last year the Supremes said that D.C.'s gun ban violated the second amendment. Be careful what you wish for.

I hope WSE was not there at the time.

The incident occurred at 5 p.m. at 16th and U streets NW, both major thoroughfares.

Nope, but I used to go there all the time -- when I lived for a couple years on 18th and U streets NW! My condo was just about a long par 4 from this place.

The DC police are big proponents of the gun ban. It's still in place and enforced, by the way, notwithstanding the S. Ct. ruling ... so I don't think that ruling has had any causative effect just yet. Rather, DC is one of those urban centers where a small proportion of its inhabitants often go (illegally) armed. Most of them don't have jobs in NW at Starbucks, but every so often things like this happen.

Funny that he shot himself in the leg though. Good thing he didn't hit his femural artery.

I'm really surprised this hasn't become know as Plaxicoing/Plaxing yourself.

Back