New Game Golf system

I don't use mine if I'm playing in a group. I don't have the belt attachment and phone method is still kind of buggy. At least with my phone.
The belt unit makes it much easier to play in a group.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

If the snow isn't flying when I receive mine I will do a review. The marriage of rangefinder gps, club suggestion, live stats, strokes gained & score keeping is a great set of features. Hoping they have a revised method for putt tracking...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you do, can you open a new thread? Given that it is a different device, it might be cleaner if it had its own thread.

If you do, can you open a new thread? Given that it is a different device, it might be cleaner if it had its own thread.

I'm not entirely convinced it's a new device, rather a repackaging of the old device to include Bluetooth to the phone for instant data transfer. The phone + tags already has these features.

I'm not entirely convinced it's a new device, rather a repackaging of the old device to include Bluetooth to the phone for instant data transfer. The phone + tags already has these features.

I wasn't implying it was new but rather different. The "new" in the existing thread title is pretty dated at this point.

I wasn't implying it was new but rather different. The "new" in the existing thread title is pretty dated at this point.
Yeah, definitely.

I ordered the Game Golf Live system a week and half ago, just got an email this morning from them stating that they were out of stock and there was no ETA on when they would have more in stock to ship. That's not great!! I had the original one so it was a $149 upgrade for me, I guess its been popular so good for them. I just wish they had been up front about it and told me stock was limited when I ordered it to begin with.

I wish they would have a trade-in program for those of us who have the legacy. I guess one could ebay the old one and make it a "trade-in" program.

Amended: Just saw they wanted $299 for Live - where did you see the $149 upgrade?

I wish they would have a trade-in program for those of us who have the legacy. I guess one could ebay the old one and make it a "trade-in" program.

Amended: Just saw they wanted $299 for Live - where did you see the $149 upgrade?

I received an email from GG. I believe it is good through 11/11. There was a purchase code included.. Connacht the support team. They have been quick to respond. Got a tweet yesterday that they should start shipping 11/16 and received by the end of November

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Received my Game Golf unit today. The live version didn't interest me when released so I picked up an old unit for just under $100 here in Aus used only for a few rounds. Hardly any marks on the club tags. Looking forward to getting out Sunday for a hit and trying it before using it in comp following weekend.

Bang! Found some time tonight to get out and use it. Headed out 4pm! Very excited to have a crack with it.

Dumb question. I used the Game Golf app for the first time this week. It logged my round and recorded it to my account. Now I have only logged in one round and in that round I shot an 87. However it is showing that my average per round is an 88. Can someone explain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumb question. I used the Game Golf app for the first time this week. It logged my round and recorded it to my account. Now I have only logged in one round and in that round I shot an 87. However it is showing that my average per round is an 88. Can someone explain.

It might be taking the course ratings into consideration and trying to establish a handicap of sorts.

It might be taking the course ratings into consideration and trying to establish a handicap of sorts.

Please see below.. From the GG site. Not sure if it uses the last 20 rounds, all the rounds or what. I have found it to be about right. Next year I will be keep an official HC at the club so that will show what the difference may or may not be. I have about 60 rounds on my GG, waiting for the GG Live to arrive as well. After 10 rounds or so there are no secrets left in my game. Excited about the integration of Shots Gained as well. The insights area from 100-175 yards is where I have learned the most from the data given.

GG Handicap

The GAME GOLF Handicap is an estimate of the number of strokes you will achieve, over (or under) par, in an 18-hole round of golf. In other words, it is an estimate of your scoring ability on a golf course of a typical difficulty and yardage.
The GAME GOLF platform has accumulated hundreds of thousands of golf rounds uploaded by players from all over the world. GAME GOLF now has a baseline statistic of scratch players that can be used as a benchmark against your most recent rounds of golf that you choose to include in your stats.
The GAME GOLF Handicap is not the equivalent of USGA's Handicap Index. Our methodology does not use the USGA course and slope ratings. Hence the GAME GOLF Handicap will work for rounds played on golf courses worldwide.

Please see below.. From the GG site. Not sure if it uses the last 20 rounds, all the rounds or what. I have found it to be about right. Next year I will be keep an official HC at the club so that will show what the difference may or may not be. I have about 60 rounds on my GG, waiting for the GG Live to arrive as well. After 10 rounds or so there are no secrets left in my game. Excited about the integration of Shots Gained as well. The insights area from 100-175 yards is where I have learned the most from the data given.

GG Handicap

The GAME GOLF Handicap is an estimate of the number of strokes you will achieve, over (or under) par, in an 18-hole round of golf. In other words, it is an estimate of your scoring ability on a golf course of a typical difficulty and yardage.
The GAME GOLF platform has accumulated hundreds of thousands of golf rounds uploaded by players from all over the world. GAME GOLF now has a baseline statistic of scratch players that can be used as a benchmark against your most recent rounds of golf that you choose to include in your stats.
The GAME GOLF Handicap is not the equivalent of USGA's Handicap Index. Our methodology does not use the USGA course and slope ratings. Hence the GAME GOLF Handicap will work for rounds played on golf courses worldwide.

But it's not the handicap being the issue its the score average. When I first posted the score it gave me a GG handicap of 11.8. After I unsigned the round and resigned it, it took away my handicap and gave me a --. Now I don't really care about that because I keep my handicap on the grint. I'm just wondering why my average is an 88 when I posted only 1 round at 87.

But it's not the handicap being the issue its the score average. When I first posted the score it gave me a GG handicap of 11.8. After I unsigned the round and resigned it, it took away my handicap and gave me a --. Now I don't really care about that because I keep my handicap on the grint. I'm just wondering why my average is an 88 when I posted only 1 round at 87.

It knows about that mulligan you took!!!:clap: I am sure when you get multiple rounds it will average them.

It knows about that mulligan you took!!!:clap: I am sure when you get multiple rounds it will average them.

Lol I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling hackers...... And that dog of yours.

What was par for that course? I think it normalizes "average" around 72 as par. So, if you score 87 on a par 71 = +16 ==> 88 on a par 72.

What was par for that course? I think it normalizes "average" around 72 as par. So, if you score 87 on a par 71 = +16 ==> 88 on a par 72.

I think you figured it out. Par for the course is 71 and this makes sense. Thank you

Played 9 at my home course Friday night, and then 9 with a friend at another local course Sunday morning.

Really like the system. Actually feel like it steadies me to start my pre-shot routine. I didn't forget to tag one though my only grip is that where I am in Australia I'd like higher resolution maps from google. One other thing frustrating is that when logged in on PC/Mac the maps are current satellite photos, on the iOS App they are old images? I've asked gamegolf to look into it but they say they are correct. I know they arent because our old club house that has seen a huge reno in the last 12 months isn't there on the app, its the old one. Not the end of the world but some of our greens look smaller than they actually are as they've been widened by 10% in some areas recently.

Feel free to follow, I've gone through the thread and followed the usernames I could find; http://www.gamegolf.com/player/mattgreen, if you follow me you'll definitely get a follow back!

I think with more rounds the averages will make a lot more sense. I tend to play a lot of punch shots with 5 6 and 7 irons so atm the carriers arent correct.

Overally really happy. After 9 holes though when I've uploaded rounds the device has shown low battery on the transfer screen, is that normal should I be worried the battery isnt great?

Last edited:
I am not impressed by their customer service. I bought mine on 10/30, got an email on 11/4 that it would ship any day, sent them an email 4 days later since I had not received any shipping info yet and they replied the next day that they were out of stock with no ETA on when more would arrive. Sent them another email on 11/17 and they said once again that the order was processed and I should receive shipping info. Well 11/20 still no shipping info and they have already charged me for it to boot. Not very impressive at all..

I finally made it through a whole round using Game Golf and the tee boxes and par are wrong and the front and back nines are flipped. How good is their CS is getting this stuff changed?

I finally made it through a whole round using Game Golf and the tee boxes and par are wrong and the front and back nines are flipped. How good is their CS is getting this stuff changed?

Shoot them an email letting them know. I did this a couple times and they had it fixed within a day (I also sent them a copy of scorecard or link to the golf course website, which may have helped)

Shoot them an email letting them know. I did this a couple times and they had it fixed within a day (I also sent them a copy of scorecard or link to the golf course website, which may have helped)

A day or two isn't bad. That's good to hear..thanks!

Very quick in my experience

My last round of the season I tried to use my GG system and the issue I was having was pairing my unit to my phone. Had the Bluetooth on and everything, but it would never show up to pair. Is there any sort of trick to do it? And after I download the map for the course I am on and get it to pair, that is all I have to do right?

Back