Following along to THP events

CBaker

Winter is coming
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What's your favorite way to get involved with THP events when not participating? Based off what I have read, not a ton of people follow the events during the weekends they go on. If you're one of the apparent few that do, what has been your favorite way to get involved or feel involved? If you don't follow, what's something that can be done better to make it more enjoyable to follow along to? With the gauntlet coming up, one of the major events of the year, I'd love to be able to figure out something myself or others could do more of to make it more fun to follow along with.

I know for me, periscope has started to make it a lot more fun to follow events. This past weekend, we got treated to one of the most unique and special events that has happened on THP with the Project X event. The periscopes from that event were fantastic, and really gave an inside look to what was going on.

I follow along the live threads as much as possible. Twitter as well. Periscope is adding a great benefit to events and get togethers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I follow along the live threads as much as possible. Twitter as well. Periscope is adding a great benefit to events and get togethers

A combination of the 3 of those usually works perfect for me!

I follow as much as I can. The weekends are tough bc of family. I like a lot of posts with picture, twitter/Instagram updates and now with periscope it's good also.

I need something to show me what's going on real quick and allow me to pair some encouraging words and let the participants know I'm following along .

I love following the events online, and periscope just took it to the next level!

I like following them, but I will not change my weekend plans to follow them live, I will still go out and play or do whatever I do, and catch up afterwards.

I'll follow the live thread and some of the periscope (recorded earlier)

I'll often read the recap threads if I don't follow, which I usually don't because I'm out golfing or doing something during the weekends. I'm always doing something. Don't like sitting on the couch when the sun is out, which is pretty much every day.

I don't think anything can be done to change that, except the weather. It can be tough follow along sometime s because the posts and update come so fast and furiously. THP does a great job with its ever expanding coverage so I say keep going with what is working

Weekends are hard because I am either golfing or may have some plans that have me out and about. I will use tapatalk to follow along. If Im just relaxing at home during the event then staying in the thread on my ipad is usually how i follow along

The live threads are fantastic for me as I can go in even once a day and catch up with all the pictures. Periscope doesn't do much for me because I may not be there at that very minute to see it, and watching it later is nothing more than YouTube (albeit probably faster to have available).

Can't wait!

I have been slow with Periscope but I like it a lot. I remember the Vines at past events but I love being in the threads with everyone.

As an international member and being at least 6 hours ahead of the US it is difficult to follow live so the best I can usually do is to read through the event threads the following day. Consequently I don't tend to post a great lot in these threads but I do read through them to catch up when I can

I follow the live threads,really like the periscope addition as it adds the visuals. As well I like the thp YouTube channel for old Morgan cup rounds

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

First thanks for asking.

I like to think I rarely miss following an event, some due to timing I may check in less often than others. But I love reading about the goings on as it happens. Periscope is cool, but i'm not always able to listen to it or have a good enough connection if i'm out and about.

As for what the participants can do. Generally everyone so far has done an exceptional job and been very enjoyable. The only constructive criticism I would give, is to try and limit the moment by moment by play of the inside funny stuff. I've been to an a few events and I totally know stuff happens that is hilarious to those there, but to read 20 straight posts about something not really about the event, can cause you to tune out. Really trying not to be "that guy" or come off as wanting to spoil a good time by the participants, but that's really the only thing I can think of.

Most have done an incredible job with pics...see Chump Fries at the HandCrafted and Canadan (although not a participant) at The Legacy. Scoring updates during the round, even if it's a casual round not a competition are always good to see.

All of the above.

I don't post alot just due to my natural shyness that even follows me to the internet, but I do follow the threads. Love to see the THP events unfold!

Personally, I may not post, but I do follow a lot of the events that go on or have gone on. I like seeing pictures more than anything but that's just me!

I follow along on the threads and now periscope. I occasionally follow on twitter.

When I follow along with events (as much as I can), I hang out in the Live Update threads. I see the attraction with Twitter, Instagram, Periscope, etc....but I prefer to just follow the Live Update thread as it's easier.

When I'm unable to follow an event due to whatever reason, I will get caught up in the Live Thread and then wait patiently to read the Recap Threads--that's where the even can really be relived through the eyes of the participant.

I follow the threads pretty closely

I prefer to follow along seeing posts and photos. Twitter and periscope are awesome for behind the scene stuff or post round things, but they're not something I at all like during.

If I'm not at a computer or at a place where I can sit and dedicate time to watching it, they go unseen until later. That's awful to me. If I see posts happening in the thread, I can look over those much faster and know exactly what's going on etc.

Being international like The Doc i very rarely am able to follow live but i do my best to catch up on the forum. Photos are very good to see what is happening and i also enjoy watching videos, like youtube as they last longer than the periscope and i have more chance of seeing them.

I prefer to follow along seeing posts and photos. Twitter and periscope are awesome for behind the scene stuff or post round things, but they're not something I at all like during.

If I'm not at a computer or at a place where I can sit and dedicate time to watching it, they go unseen until later. That's awful to me. If I see posts happening in the thread, I can look over those much faster and know exactly what's going on etc.

So are you saying no periscopes? Or just make sure things don't get only periscoped?

Live threads and Periscope coverage are my main way to follow all the action.

Personally, I may not post, but I do follow a lot of the events that go on or have gone on. I like seeing pictures more than anything but that's just me!

^^^This^^^

Back