Poll: Your Most Satisfying Type of Shot

Poll: Your Most Satisfying Type of Shot

• Booming Drive Right Down the Middle

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • Fairway/hybrid bomb onto par 5 in two.

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Long iron flighted perfectly to target.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • Wedge or short iron spun back to hole.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Bunker splash to gimme range.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Flop shot over hazard to 3 feet.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Holing a 30 footer.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Draining a pressure-filled 5 footer.

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters

Dr RosenRosen

Reaction score
Handicap
Unless you're dead inside, there are some types of shots that excite you, generate a fist pump, or at least spark an internal "I'm the freakin' man!" thought after the shot. I'm curious as to what type most gets you pumped and feeling good as a golfer. Here are the poll choices:

1. Booming drive right down the middle of the fairway.
2. Fairway/hybrid bomb onto par 5 in two.
3. Long iron flighted perfectly to target.
4. Wedge or short iron spun back to hole.
5. Bunker splash to gimme range.
6. Flop shot over hazard to 3 feet.
7. Holing a 30 footer.
8. Draining a pressure-filled 5 footer.

For me, it is the long iron flighted perfectly to target. Something about a crisp iron that you know is flag hunting. Just love it!

Last edited:
Like you said, probably the pin seeking iron on a par three.

Other than that is it the hop and stop from about 50 yards... hole high

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

For me, it is the long iron flighted perfectly to target. Something about a crisp iron that you know is flag hunting. Just love it!

^^^This for sure^^^

I always feel pretty great when I bomb a drive down the middle of the fairway.

For me it's the Phil flop shot,I love these situations and shine. I've hit some awesome ones and holed a few

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Booming drive that fits the shot I planned. The rest of my game would probably be better if I didn't bring my drivers to the range.

i sent with wedge or short iron spun back to the hole, but if i could add it i would have chosen flushed mid- or short-iron. it's such a rush.

Hitting a Par 5 in two always provides me with extra satisfaction.

I'm going flop shot over hazard to short range. There is just so much that can go wrong with it, it's such a dangerous/risky shot, that to pull it off gives you a lot of satisfaction and a lot of relief haha.

A perfectly hit approach shot with a wedge or short iron.

There is nothing like bombing it down the middle of the fairway to lead off a round/hole . It sets up the rest of the hole. You can proceed with more confidence in what is going to occur then you would have had, had you shanked it and needing to go find the ball.

There is something about a well struck drive that is oh so satisfying!!!

Drive for show and putt for the dough!!!

All depends on whose watching.

In general, I like the floppy shot. Mainly because it's such a pure technique and touch shot.

But if people are watching, a bombed drive is a confidence Booster.

Booming a drive down the middle. I can pull off all the other shots pretty well most of the time but getting off the tee seems to be the bane of my existence on the golf course lately.

For me its definitely holing a 30 footer - just lots of satisfaction in that!

Nothing excites me more than a long iron into a long par 3 that is right on target!

A straight one. It's the little things in life. Few and far in between lately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Par 5 in 2 as I don't get the opportunity often so when I do it it's a bit special for me.

Probably a booming drive for me. It sets up the next few holes well for me and gives me something good to feed off of.

I'd say holing the 30 footer, but if it's for bogey (or worse) not sure how satisfying it would be. I did drain a 60 footer once to save par ... THAT was awesome.

Long approach, whether to get to a green in two our sticking a long iron in close.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

A good FW shot is my favorite feeling to see it launch and just keep going. Gotta be one of my favorite things ever.

I like the long iron flighted perfectly to target. When I'm on with my longer irons I have to brag , I can hit some beautiful high draws that belly into my target. Yup, they are my favorite well struck shot.

Back