The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire alarm testing at work. Hoping I don't end up with a headache from this. Already been going on for an hour.:banghead:

Standing at the counter at McDonalds and after placing your order, realizing your wallet is on your desk at the office.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Did the nearly same exact thing at Subway today for lunch. Had a GC but it didn't have enough on it, so had to scrounge together loose change in my car. Embarrassing for sure.

Fire alarm testing at work. Hoping I don't end up with a headache from this. Already been going on for an hour.:banghead:

these are the worse. I hate when they happen in the middle of doing something important. I try to stay in my office with the door closed as long as i can because i cant stand waiting in the "staging" area until the all clear is given.

Standing at the counter at McDonalds and after placing your order, realizing your wallet is on your desk at the office.

I did that with groceries one time lol it absolutely sucked!! Luckily I live close by so I just drove and got my card but to basically put groceries on layaway for 20 mins was embarrassing. I double check for my wallet now haha

UGH those are the worst....the good thing is my company gives us a couple of days notice when they are going to do them and I always schedule meetings out of the office that day :D

That happened to me at the toll plaza before I got an EZ pass. I was scrounging out change everywhere lol. It had happened a long time ago as well, but then if you drove through they would just send a bill for the 2.00 - now you pay the toll, plus the always fun "administrative" 25.00 fee!

Did the nearly same exact thing at Subway today for lunch. Had a GC but it didn't have enough on it, so had to scrounge together loose change in my car. Embarrassing for sure.
Yes it is. It happened at Panera a few months back (this time the wallet was at home) but Ive been going to that store 5 times a week for almost 10 years, so they had no problem, saying "no worries, we got you covered today. and wouldn't let me pay for it the next day when I tried"

I hated that as a GM at the hotel. We had to do it three times a year. I had written it in my contract that they couldn't sound the alarms before 11:00 or after 3:00 PM. One morning I got a call while at the above Panera, that the were doing it at 6:30...AM WTF!!! You can imagine the lobby full of guests that weren't too happy with us that morning, cost me quite a few comp rooms that day.

They could have easily come a little later since we are only open until 5:30. Instead come during busiest point of our day scaring the hell out of some patients.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Okay i need to tell you something, but don't freak out.... So i called my guy and apparently ive been driving the truck for over a year without insurance on it...." Seriously? He's going to pay out of pocket, but my wife and i check like once a month to make sure we have our little insurance cards in the car now (as it's a fine without) and i'm pretty sure i know when i do/don't have insurance on my vehicles...

You need to have him check, here in FL they would have suspended his license for that.

1. Tell them you have a headace
2. Go home and cook dinner

You got that wrong, you need to go home and make her a NY grilled cheese

Yeah or I just order fish fries for dinner and say the heck with cooking.

Yeah or I just order fish fries for dinner and say the heck with cooking.

man am I lucky that you outkicked your coverage. #soundsgood

Tied of this crap. Moving to Arizona.
ab33c97cc6e39601a1b02970a6ce6305.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does Panera not deliver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because you can get overpriced sub par food on every corner?

Found out the father in law doesn't have car insurance... WTF

Like just doesn't believe in it or just doesn't have it

"Okay i need to tell you something, but don't freak out.... So i called my guy and apparently ive been driving the truck for over a year without insurance on it...." Seriously? He's going to pay out of pocket, but my wife and i check like once a month to make sure we have our little insurance cards in the car now (as it's a fine without) and i'm pretty sure i know when i do/don't have insurance on my vehicles...

He's lucky he found out because of you and not because he hit someone who called the cops and filed a report. He'd be facing a suspension and SR-22.

I have a guy who got temporarily suspended and got his coverage cancelled. He ended up up getting reinstated and didn't have to file SR22. But he went 9 months without insurance. Don't ask me why he: 1)didn't worry about the cancellation letter he got in March; or 2)didn't check into why his eft went from $129 a month to $10 a month from April to December (he was only paying his renter's insurance); or 3) not open up his renewal he got in October to get his new glovebox card. He got stopped for something on December 1, but got off with a warning, but he didn't have his proof of insurance.

He called me and asked me to email it to him but I was out and couldn't get to a computer. Told him to look for his renewal and get it there and take it up to the courthouse and they would drop the ticket. Her calls me days later and said he couldn't find it so I get on and find out he got cancelled. I got the underwriters to reinstate him but they couldn't go back to the day he got the ticket. Well now, he's going to court for the no insurance and there's nothing I can do. He wants me to give him a form saying he had insurance, but I can't do it. Now he's going to really pay and be mad at me about it.

If he would have taken care of it right away, or even when his renewal came in, he'd have been golden, but now he's up a creek.

So your father in law got off easy!

Did that like a month ago. Needed gas, got to the pump halfway to my appointment with like 35mi till empty.. Wallet was at home. Most nervous I've ever been driving home and then to the first station I could find.

Miles till empty: 4

Did that like a month ago. Needed gas, got to the pump halfway to my appointment with like 35mi till empty.. Wallet was at home. Most nervous I've ever been driving home and then to the first station I could find.

Miles till empty: 4

Dude in the future, just call me. I can come and help you out.

Dude in the future, just call me. I can come and help you out.

And that's why we're friends, because you'd come help me out. Also, really glad I didn't need to ask lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back