Altered Course: New Golf Channel competition series premieres June 15

"All the teams seem to be hitting over to the left side of the green."

There is a lake on the right side, duh.

I actually find this somewhat interesting... 2nd episode interesting? Maybe

I actually find this somewhat interesting... 2nd episode interesting? Maybe

We'll watch again. Not sure about it yet. It's definitely not Big Break.

I haven't figured out what the prize is.

Was ok. Can't wait to see more variety in the challengers. Tie breaker was good though.

I like it so far

Better than I expected but I liked BB better.

It's ok. I don't like the announcer at all, even tho she's easy on the eyes. Its different for sure but Big Break was way better. I will still watch it tho. How long is that 1st hole if u play it normally? That looked massive

The host doesn't help at all, eye candy is all.

Worse than I expected. If I want to watch cross-country, or steeplechase, or a marathon, I can see real athletes elsewhere. If I wanna watch great golf, there are many other options. And lol the fabricated drama. Host is corny, and no reason to care about the players.

Skeptical at first. With small kids, the only 2 activities I have time for are fitness and golf. So I actually didn't mind it. No, it's not my idea of real golf so I wouldn't expect it to be. It's different and meant to entertain so I'll keep watching. BB was different with its philosophy and so is this show.
The only thing I found hokey was the host running down the course while commentating.
Like I said, I don't think this show will appeal to everyone. I will watch it knowing that's it's strictly an entertainment piece but really nothing more.
I get my fill of tourney golf PVR'ing the PGA events on the weekend to get my golf fix.
Besides, my wife watches the bachelor on Monday nights and I'd rather punch myself repeatedly in the face before I'm subjected to an hour of that show. So I have a free hour on Monday nights to watch Altered Course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skeptical at first. With small kids, the only 2 activities I have time for are fitness and golf. So I actually didn't mind it. No, it's not my idea of real golf so I wouldn't expect it to be. It's different and meant to entertain so I'll keep watching. BB was different with its philosophy and so is this show.
The only thing I found hokey was the host running down the course while commentating.
Like I said, I don't think this show will appeal to everyone. I will watch it knowing that's it's strictly an entertainment piece but really nothing more.
I get my fill of tourney golf PVR'ing the PGA events on the weekend to get my golf fix.
Besides, my wife watches the bachelor on Monday nights and I'd rather punch myself repeatedly in the face before I'm subjected to an hour of that show. So I have a free hour on Monday nights to watch Altered Course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That Bachelor line made me snort laughh

Pretty much as uninteresting as I thought. The contrived "excitement" of the host running down the hill after every group got old quick.

I imagine I'll keep watching, well, because it's a golf-related show and there's nothing else on, but I'm not excited about it. Heck, I even got my wife to enjoy watching Big Break with me. I'm not even going to show her this one, because it'd non-stop commentary about how stupid it is.

What a horrible show lol. I changed the channel after 30 mins, couldn't stand to watch it.. Damn I miss Big Break...

In the Shackelford interview on Callaway Live they talked about some effects of marketing to millenials. That seems a bit on point here.

Pretty much as uninteresting as I thought. The contrived "excitement" of the host running down the hill after every group got old quick.

I imagine I'll keep watching, well, because it's a golf-related show and there's nothing else on, but I'm not excited about it. Heck, I even got my wife to enjoy watching Big Break with me. I'm not even going to show her this one, because it'd non-stop commentary about how stupid it is.
So you'll watch even though you don't like it. There is nothing else you can do besides watch a show you knee was going to bad?

If I want to watch cross-country, or steeplechase, or a marathon, I can see real athletes elsewhere. If I wanna watch great golf, there are many other options.

I started watching this last night with my wife because there was nothing else on and she said the exact same thing.

She'd rather watch golf or a cross country or track meet...not a mixture of the two.

I would have rather watched a speed golf competition where people are still racing around but it is real golf not crazy jacked up holes. Set it up kind of like "The Arnold" Pump and Run...where you set an average of how fast people should complete the course and a stroke gets taken off your score for every so many minutes you're under the alloted time

Last time I was in Jamaica this course was grown over and shut down. They mist have poured some cash into it to get back in shape. Unless it reopned

In retrospect, I don't know what I was expecting. That wasn't really it, though. They could have been using a Frisbee or soccer ball and it's the same show.
From a golf standpoint, this is empty so far.

Did they not tell the teams what this was about? I'd expect minimalist bag setups if you have to drag them around, some of those seemed more substantial than needed.

The only bright spot, and this is reaching, was the shot tracker graphics. Drop this, bring back BB, and add those in for the driver / full hole challenges.

So you'll watch even though you don't like it. There is nothing else you can do besides watch a show you knee was going to bad?

What can I say? I'm a golf nut. There's always the small chance it improves. If I weren't watching that, I'd just be watching one of my many DVR'd tournaments.

What a horrible show lol. I changed the channel after 30 mins, couldn't stand to watch it.. Damn I miss Big Break...
I actually got tired of BB the last few seasons, so I'm glad to see them go in a different direction, but I do hope the next few episodes change it up a bit, it was a little too much of the same thing this episode.

The real question is, will a glass breaking challenge somehow be included in this show???

I'll admit I watched the whole episode...with a significant amount of fast forwarding (didn't care to watch the girls train to be ninjas and such)... for one reason... I was trying to determine if/when the host fell while running downhill and turning around to talk to the camera...looking for abrupt editing to cover it up. Since they didn't give us a blooper reel at the end I must assume I won't get to see the host faceplant, so I'm done.

What would be wrong with taking a bunch of young golfers and actually having them play, oh I don't know, how about golf. They can still have the interludes on the personal stories etc. That challenge last nite was just goofy IMHO. Two thumbs down from me.

We watched it last nite, FAIL. Just didn't do it for either of us.

Watched it - thought it was quite silly - what is the grand prize anyways?

Back