Portillos opening in Tampa

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes sir. I have between now and 2016 to diet and then eat my weight in Chocolate Cake Shakes.

That excites me, even though I'm only down there maybe once a year.

Hmm I wonder where.

Based on clientelle, it should be near the pinellas side, but I dont see it happening.

I fear it will be over near USF which would suck! I would love to see it in the Clearwater area or Carrollwood. Basically I want it within 15 minutes of my house haha. Now I want a Chicago dog.

Based on clientelle, it should be near the pinellas side, but I dont see it happening.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it in the West Shore area or even downtown.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it in the West Shore area or even downtown.

Downtown would be a mistake based on demo, but nothing would surprise me. Westshore/International area makes a lot of sense, especially because of travelers. Expensive land and leases though.

That's awesome!

This Awesome news! I vote for the open commercial lot across from me in Clearwater lol

Nice! Wish they allowed franchising so I can bring a couple to IA.

I miss Portillos. Love me a beef sandwich or a Chicago dog. Chicago definitely was a better eating city to work in
Hopefully they will continue to spread around the country.

Puzzling to put it in Brandon. Oh well.

I thought the same thing. The Clearwater area has a ton of Midwest transplants, so that would have made a lot more sense. That or near the college or South Tampa, those were the three areas I thought it would go.

We are getting better and better food all the time. WE just got Eat's second location, the first tampa location of Ford's garage, the second Cicio Cali. It's not the Chilis and applebees town it used to be.

Portillos has their soft opening going on, we are close.

And for JB, I just saw we are getting a Mission BBQ across the street. I guess I will have to give them a second chance.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

d92c0941b63de84265daf2ebe29d1e1b.jpg

Where is the chocolate cake shake? Only reason to go.

Where is the chocolate cake shake? Only reason to go.
Was not aware,

It was good, not amazing. I won't go again until the pandemonium dies down a but.

Have you ever had a beefy from any place?

I don't see cheese or giardiniera! Can always get sweet peppers if you're not into spice.
There were sweet peppers on it, cheese wasn't offered, never had it on a Beef sandwich either.

Have you ever had a beefy from any place?
Yep, someplace in the airport and had one when in Chicago years ago.

Like I said, it was as good, but didn't quite live up to expectations. I will definitely go back once it's not so crowded all the time, it stays absolutely packed right now.

Back