The Blackberry Thread

I just think with cell phone technology moving so fast, buying something already behind and then expecting to be happy for a while is hard.

Agreed to an extent. Apple has made a pretty good living out of it. Much of that comes from the OS and what it needs to run. However when you get into cross platform apps, you can come into issues. First hand I have not seen it at all, out of the Passport on my end, or a good friend that has the Classic.

I just think with cell phone technology moving so fast, buying something already behind and then expecting to be happy for a while is hard.

True it is hard

Agreed to an extent. Apple has made a pretty good living out of it. Much of that comes from the OS and what it needs to run. However when you get into cross platform apps, you can come into issues. First hand I have not seen it at all, out of the Passport on my end, or a good friend that has the Classic.
apple has definitely done that, but even their recent releases have somewhat bucked the trend.

If thr passport was on Verizon I would be tempted to jump, even though I'm still not sold on the form factor. But it is miles ahead of the z30 from what I can tell.

Good update coming in the next two weeks. The new version of Blend looks awesome. As a feature that I use every day, the changes and cleaner UI are a huge plus. Its one of the best features on any cell phone I have ever used.

Good update coming in the next two weeks. The new version of Blend looks awesome. As a feature that I use every day, the changes and cleaner UI are a huge plus. Its one of the best features on any cell phone I have ever used.

JB just got a new Q10. Is there any Tapatalk like app for BlackBerry? So I can upload pics and stuff?

JB just got a new Q10. Is there any Tapatalk like app for BlackBerry? So I can upload pics and stuff?
Do you have the Amazon app store on your device? Tapatalk is available there and was native to the Passport

Do you have the Amazon app store on your device? Tapatalk is available there and was native to the Passport

Q10 is an older device (several years). He is going to have to truly sideload apps to get them to work.

Q10 is an older device (several years). He is going to have to truly sideload apps to get them to work.

I can't get Amazon Appstore at all on this Phone?

Found my first app issue just now. UBER is no longer working with the latest update and when you try to go back to the previous version of the app, it says it will no longer work. So that is a problem for me.

Outside of that, just about every app I have thrown at it works perfectly, in many ways better than they did for Android since I can size them and have a keyboard to not cover up the screen.

Found my first app issue just now. UBER is no longer working with the latest update and when you try to go back to the previous version of the app, it says it will no longer work. So that is a problem for me.

Outside of that, just about every app I have thrown at it works perfectly, in many ways better than they did for Android since I can size them and have a keyboard to not cover up the screen.

Deal breaker. Can't become the UBER king of Bemidji now.

Deal breaker. Can't become the UBER king of Bemidji now.

I hear if you try to use Uber in Bemidji you essentially just wait for your wife to pick you up.

Bummer, I havent loaded that one yet but use it alot on my wife's iphone. I have several apps that give the 'google play needed' message, including the GHIN app.

Bummer, I havent loaded that one yet but use it alot on my wife's iphone. I have several apps that give the 'google play needed' message, including the GHIN app.

The only app that does that for me is AA and it still works fine outside of push messages, which I hate anyway. This one will flat out not run for me.

I'm kind of a big deal on Uber now, want me to give Travis a call and tell him to get on it?

I'm kind of a big deal on Uber now, want me to give Travis a call and tell him to get on it?

I assume Travis is the stoned guy you picked up? :angel:

RIP Passport. I loved you.
Had to change to Verizon and it did not work. I was literally getting compliments in the store about it, despite them not offering it. I simply loved this device and wish I could have it forever.

RIP Passport. I loved you.
Had to change to Verizon and it did not work. I was literally getting compliments in the store about it, despite them not offering it. I simply loved this device and wish I could have it forever.
That sucks, considering a classic?

Why the switch back to VZW?

That sucks, considering a classic?

Why the switch back to VZW?

I have heavy tour van driving to do in the coming weeks and months where the T-Mobile coverage just doesn't exist and I have to think of safety first,

It's a dark day and it will be missed.

Sorry to hear that JB. The greatness in the Android thread will make you forget about your poor little Blackberry. So many great devices out there surely one will for the bill for you.

Sorry to hear that JB. The greatness in the Android thread will make you forget about your poor little Blackberry. So many great devices out there surely one will for the bill for you.

Sadly I had to go iPhone again. Im sure as soon as VZW gets the next version of the Passport I will be back. Best phone I ever had hands down. Ran my Android apps, had the best hardware I had used and worked flawlessly. You will be missed Passport.

Sadly I had to go iPhone again. Im sure as soon as VZW gets the next version of the Passport I will be back. Best phone I ever had hands down. Ran my Android apps, had the best hardware I had used and worked flawlessly. You will be missed Passport.
Ugh then double condolences are in order for you buddy. Hope your Passport comes back soon

Back