The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

No doubt in my mind the media's darling Curry just won himself the Finals MVP with this one game if GS wins this series. I don't agree with it (should be LBJ or Iggy if you don't want to give it to LBJ) but you know he locked up the award with tonight's performance.

Thompson should freaking file charges. Getting rebounds with 1 hand while being held. Jesus. These refs are absolutely garbage

And we will probably get Joe Crawford again for Tuesday's game. God help us

And we will probably get Joe Crawford again for Tuesday's game. God help us
I may not even watch. Watching horrendous and inconsistent refereeing ruin a great series is enough for me to not even watch basketball anymore.

Couldn't disagree with this statement more. I think this is the type of series he's made for. Stretches the floor and allows the Cavs to go small while still giving them another rebounder.

His offense wasn't needed in the playoffs as you guys played the offense juggernauts from the East right?

During the season, Cavs were playing well with love and kyrie playing healthy, running a quick offense that spaced the floor. I really think Love's offense would've really helped here.

I guess it is just my dislike of the Cavs trade for him that doesn't allow me to see the benefit he may (or may not) have provided in this series.

I didn't watch much of the regular season, which might be why I can't say how they played with him, I just remember him being the in news a lot for "resting" which made it seem like he was pouting because Kyrie and LeBron were getting most of the shots in a game and he was the "3rd wheel" in Cleveland

Just finished game 5 of the freaking finals and I'm still reading trash about the love trade. Good god. It happened. Cavs have Love. Wiggins is in Minnesota. We got it.

It is unthinkable for a guy in the Finals to go for 40 points, 14 boards and 11 assists and his team only score 91 and lose by 13. Shows what LeBron is playing with this series. It's gotta be the first time in Finals history a guy had that stat line and wound up losing the game.

Honestly guys i think Seattle should have done a lot more to try to keep the Sonics in town

Honestly guys i think Seattle should have done a lot more to try to keep the Sonics in town

Like build an arena? Yep.

Glad they didn't though. I know it pisses in Sonic fans wheaties about Clay Bennett and whatever, but I'm glad that city lost them.

It is unthinkable for a guy in the Finals to go for 40 points, 14 boards and 11 assists and his team only score 91 and lose by 13. Shows what LeBron is playing with this series. It's gotta be the first time in Finals history a guy had that stat line and wound up losing the game.
You could be 100% correct on this statement...I just went back to see if LeBron had any similar stat lines against the Spurs in 2007...but that was a no

Like build an arena? Yep.

Glad they didn't though. I know it pisses in Sonic fans wheaties about Clay Bennett and whatever, but I'm glad that city lost them.
and I'm sure they're glad for the OKC playoff success :angel:

that was a bad situation all the way around, blame to be had both ways. The league let it happen knowing what the final outcome would be also

In non-Finals news:

In non-Finals news:

This will show my lack of basketball knowledge, who's Michael Malone?

He coached the Kings for parts of 2 seasons from 2013-14. Still very unproven as a head coach.

Oh Jimmy Fallon...

24a7466f96875e750aa17bd6f3f90e84.jpg

Wow, I am really surprised by this. Maybe after seeing LBJ's" junk", they are afraid to go back to arena?
Nearly 15-20% of arena tix are available for game.

I know brokers make up a small portion, but that really really surprised me.

He was an assistant with his dad under Mike Brown for a number of years in Cleveland during the first run with LeBron

Wow, I am really surprised by this. Maybe after seeing LBJ's" junk", they are afraid to go back to arena?

I'm surprised too. But people are holding tickets for ransom around here. "Loudville" is the upper nosebleed section and tickets were going for $450 a piece and if they were two or more paired together they were more expensive than that. The place will be packed, the place will be loud but it's sort of surprising that there is this sense of failure already here. I guess it's just typical Cleveland. If I could afford it I would be there

With the Flash Seats ticket market, the number of available tickets can be misleading. A lot of ticket holders will throw them up there just to see if anyone will bid what they would want for them.

230 bucks will get you in the door right now.

With the Flash Seats ticket market, the number of available tickets can be misleading. A lot of ticket holders will throw them up there just to see if anyone will bid what they would want for them.

230 bucks will get you in the door right now.

For an NBA Finals elimination game for a city that (according to their fans) has suffered more than any, the fact that any are available is shocking. Sure there are crazy stories and a few ridiculous things, but 15-20% is a huge number.

Flash Seats is the worst. The Rockets use it, as well. In theory it is great, but then you get 20% "convenience" fees tacked on. Ridiculous.

Flash seats is such a joke too. Each ticket holds about $38 in "handling" fees. Odd because you never "handle" a ticket. They scan your credit card at the door and flash seats will recognize if you are the ticket holder. But then again when you are buying $500 tickets you aren't in a position to complain about an extra $38

Back