Bridgestone J15 Cavity Back Irons

These just continue to be my favorite iron set out there. Absolutely adore mine but want to try some slightly lighter and lower spin shafts. Actually...I just want to have the same combo canadan had in his of the Tour-V's with these heads.

Fedex says mine should be arriving on Monday, cant wait to get them!

These just continue to be my favorite iron set out there. Absolutely adore mine but want to try some slightly lighter and lower spin shafts. Actually...I just want to have the same combo canadan had in his of the Tour-V's with these heads.

Stop pressuring me :alien:

You haven't done it yet!? What are you waiting forrrrrr

It will happen. As much as I want Apex CFs, the price difference between those and the CBs are just too much to justify in order to keep my Aerotech setup that I'm in love with.

Bridgestone J15 Cavity Back Irons

I cant get these out of my head. I've hit a lot of irons recently and nothing really compares with the King Forged Tec. The Nike vapor fly pro's i thought were the only irons comparable until I hit these with X100. The Thought of these haunt me every day in a good way!

I cant get these out of my head. I've hit a lot of irons recently and nothing really compares with the King Forged Tec. The Nike vapor fly pro's i thought were the only irons comparable until I hit these with X100. The Thought of these haunt me every day in a good way!

I wonder how long you could go with a single 14 club set with no changes.

TourV's will not leave mine any time soon. OG shaft even before a swing was put on them.

Interesting stuff Jeremy. When I hit the CF 7i next to my DF 7i I didnt notice any extra distance on well struck shots, the cf were a lot more forgiving off the toe though. Also when I tested 9i next to my df and j15 cb the CB were a club longer than both the cf and df. I hit the CF with recoil 95 f4 and pxi 6.0. Very nice irons and very forgiving but I didnt see any of the distance gains like others have.

greggdrews- i'm quoting your post from a different thread. what shafts did you have in the driving forged vs the j15 cb when you did this test? exact same setup? i'm trying to figure out how the cb could be a club longer than the driving forged? i verified on course yesterday that the muscle back 9i was a full club shorter than my driving forged. my fitter commented that i was hitting the center of the face, so the distance loss was likely due to the differences in loft.

greggdrews- i'm quoting your post from a different thread. what shafts did you have in the driving forged vs the j15 cb when you did this test? exact same setup? i'm trying to figure out how the cb could be a club longer than the driving forged? i verified on course yesterday that the muscle back 9i was a full club shorter than my driving forged. my fitter commented that i was hitting the center of the face, so the distance loss was likely due to the differences in loft.
Shaft I think was a big factor in these two. My df had ctl reg flex and the cb had ctaper 120 stiff flex. Im a short hitter so Ive always just assumed to use reg flex in something that launches easier.

I just love these irons so much, it's awkward.

That moment when you hit something perfectly flush, get the flight you want, and more than enough distance. These things were built for me.

That moment when you hit something perfectly flush, get the flight you want, and more than enough distance. These things were built for me.
The distance is pretty impressive when you catch one that is for sure

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing...be like Canadan. Always a good thing and these irons...yes these irons.

I still think these are the most forgiving and longest players cavity out there. Looks great too

I still think these are the most forgiving and longest players cavity out there. Looks great too

The size is definitely beneficial for some left/right movement, and the rolled sole is definitely welcomed.

Nothing outrageous, but I certainly haven't seen anything more suitable. Maybe the MP-15.

are you playing them with the steelfibers right now?

are you playing them with the steelfibers right now?

Not right now. The SteelFibers are making the rounds in different heads, but the Tour V combo at 110g is a really fantastic combination for me. Low spin with a mid trajectory is absolutely my wheelhouse.

These bad boys and the new 2016 B330 helped me shoot my PB today! Now to shave some more off #neversatisfied
65dac79788c97a4deaba26a9b867f743.jpg

Last edited:
These bad boys and the new 2016 B330 helped me shoot my PB today! Now to shave some more off #neversatisfied

Congrats on the PB! I'm still pondering these irons. Most likely wont do it as they require buying a 3 iron which I will never hit. (Lefty requirement, can't buy except for 3-pw)

Congrats on the PB! I'm still pondering these irons. Most likely wont do it as they require buying a 3 iron which I will never hit. (Lefty requirement, can't buy except for 3-pw)
You would love these...Vegas was way to long ago buddy. Do it again this year? Haha

I went with DF's because they spoke to me a little more, but I am in love with the looks of these too! I still think Bridgestone makes the sexiest irons out there across their entire line.

I went with DF's because they spoke to me a little more, but I am in love with the looks of these too! I still think Bridgestone makes the sexiest irons out there across their entire line.

totally agree. i'm not sure there's a design from any other oem that speaks to me like bstone's equipment. AND it performs.

totally agree. i'm not sure there's a design from any other oem that speaks to me like bstone's equipment. AND it performs.

We couldn't tell by your WITB :act-up: hehehe

It totally performs awesome though. I could game a whole bag of Bridgestone no problem - hell I'm already more than halfway there!

Back