THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

This event is going to rock! I had such a blast at the CT invitational a few years ago and the informal gathering at RedTail this year, really looking forward to get my entry in for this one.

Lets go NY!....once I re-up my Albatross I will throw my name in

we could call it New England vs Tri-State-Area ............but unfortunately Connecticut couldn't and still cant figure out which Region they belong to. In fact the whole NE region couldn't figure anything out so they made 6 states instead of one nice big one so no one (including themselves) really knows who or what they are.:alien:

I used to joke that half of CT got up every morning and commuted to NYC. Then I moved here and found out it was true.

We could go all out for NE and take a look at Boothbay Harbor GC up in Maine. I played it a couple of years ago and was impressed. http://www.boothbayharborcc.com/

Is the plan to do all 36 holes at the same course or perhaps split between two courses that are near each other?

I have no doubt that this event will blow some doors off, some great choices for venues and great people to field these teams! Only one winner though, NY/NJ for the win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This should be a lot of fun. Guess I better get to work if I want to try to play 36 holes in one day.

We should just call this one "Yankess versus BoSox"

That's not going to work because then I'd be on the NE team.

I can't remember being this excited to hear more about an event in a while. And that's saying a lot. I'm itching for competition, and these are two fantastic groups of guys to make some teams from.

I'm already thinking of best ways to practice this winter. If I'm going to make it in and help the team, I've got work to do.

I was pumped when regional rivalry first was announced. Then was excited for the mi v oh rivalry event even though I can't be in it. This one has me even more pumped and again not part of it...maybe because it has to do with my home state or maybe all the awesome people who,could be in this event from both sides.

cant wait for the deets to come on this one. I know,it will be an epic event

How about an unofficial nickname to go along with some of the fun trash talk.
Perhaps -

The Cam Chowder Cup, or Bowl, or Classic

And BTW fwiw, Manhattan clam chowder is the best:D ....................its just that no one else knows how to make it good.

Really excited for more details, looking forward to finding out the format, the course and of course the SWAG!!!!

What are the chances it will be at Trump?

Maybe the international in Bolton? Wherever it is I think this is going to be an incredible event

If it's in up north, hopefully I can make a bigger trip out of it and destroy all five New England states at once.

What are the chances it will be at Trump?

Probably doesn't make sense from a cost standpoint, but you never know.

Pinehills Jones + Nicklaus Courses for 36 holes? That's a great day right there on it's own..

Would be an awesome day, that place is top notch.

Maybe the international in Bolton? Wherever it is I think this is going to be an incredible event

I thought the International went private again?

How about an unofficial nickname to go along with some of the fun trash talk.
Perhaps -

The Cam Chowder Cup, or Bowl, or Classic

And BTW fwiw, Manhattan clam chowder is the best:D ....................its just that no one else knows how to make it good.

Genesee Cream Ale Championship has a nice ring to it .....lol

Genesee Cream Ale Championship has a nice ring to it .....lol

yes I know pete (ocarroll)....another kitten dies because of the Genesee Cream Ale Shout Out....lol

Sam Adams has seen zero love in this thread, what's with that? Add in the hundreds of other microbreweries in Portland, ME all around MA and RI ... NE wins in the beer column

Sam Adams has seen zero love in this thread, what's with that? Add in the hundreds of other microbreweries in Portland, ME all around MA and RI ... NE wins in the beer column

If you're an IPA fan, VT is an absolute goldmine.

I believe USA today did a bracket challenge for microbreweries nation wide and Southerntier won it so based on a national pole Im going to say NY/NJ takes the beer title.

I know we're on the same side for this, but I'd go Harpoon over Sam and we also have Downeast for those Cider lovers out there

I know we're on the same side for this, but I'd go Harpoon over Sam and we also have Downeast for those Cider lovers out there

Depends upon which harpoon and which Sam, but I'm with you here.

Or if you are looking for a name you could consider
Bad Accent Championship
Ridiculous Taxes Cup

What accent? I don't hear anyone up here with an accent!

:angel:

Back