Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
06d248ffa0e33263bbe892fb3028b433.jpg

Woke up to this. It's ok to cry right

Ouch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just beginning here, but that looks painful

Eff that, could never cope with that year after year. No damn way. Zilch.

Eff that, could never cope with that year after year. No damn way. Zilch.

I was thinking the same thing. Nope, not in my Dna to be in that much snow year in and year out.

Yeah, as it was coming down, last night, it was like a cold slap in the face. I think you may have a little more than me, but it's still coming down. Glad we were able to play last weekend.

Winter can be painful in the northern states! I'm a huge skier but honestly my 33 years spent in Minnesota/Wisconsin winters was long enough. Here in N. California we have the snow 70 miles away when I want it but I don't have to shovel it!

They say it'll be close to 18 inches when done.... Hard to believe this picture was yesterday.
1f95c3ed84c99117b498c8f218ee5909.jpg

I always forget Seasons end for a large majority of our members. Sorry fellas, that sucks.

Move to Florida! Same with racing.. seasons? Its all year round with sandals. 80ish today.

I played yesterday in shorts and short sleeved shirt, Monday it will be 34 to 54 so I will bundle up a little for that round.

I hear you. Golf here came to a halt the end of October. It was 0F at my house this morning. I've already used my snow blower twice and hand shoveled snow a couple more times. We are already using skis from our house for our dog walks. Of course, none of that is surprising for where I live. But just taking up golf again, this is the first time where winter makes me go hmm. I suppose shifting back to golf gear in the spring will be just that much more special.

Back to skis: wax on, wax off ...

Season is over

North of the city must be getting it a lot worse than the south. My sister is in orland park and it doesn't look near as bad. We're probably going to be getting the remnants of that tomorrow.

Incredible that this time last year the course we played last Wednesday had over 4' of snow.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Incredible that this time last year the course we played last Wednesday had over 4' of snow.

Yea I played last weekend in 60* weather and had a picture from the same time last year with 6" to a foot of snow on the ground. Just hoping my car doesn't get plowed in again this year

Yea I played last weekend in 60* weather and had a picture from the same time last year with 6" to a foot of snow on the ground. Just hoping my car doesn't get plowed in again this year
Hoping the mild winter predictions pan out. Would love to play some local golf in December. Haven't been able to do that in a few years.

Hang in there buddy, we were supposed to get snow last night and didn't, only high of 37 today, so probably not, but I think tomorrow will be the last round of the year.

We have a inch of so on the ground right now and still snowing. April is a long way away.

While it's clear outside, it's just too cold. It was 25 F when I woke up this morning and we're having highs of only 44 F. To me, that's too cold. It's even too cold for the range even though it has heaters because if there's a little breeze it blows the radiant heat away. The older bones just don't want to loosen up. Where's this "warmer winter" we're supposed to have?

Cold as hell out (27 I think) but we never got any snow. Sounds like it missed us by about 50 miles to the south. Not playing anymore but I'm just happy to not have it

It's been mild up here for the most part, but it's about to get colder. My home course closed for the season on Nov 1, I've got a few sims nearby plus a heated range but it's just not the same. I've pretty much accepted that I won't be hitting off of grass for another 4 months.

We seem to be hit or miss on snow. Thankfully courses here are still open when its cold as lomg as there isnt snow.

Yeah it'll be the golf dome for us until April.

Back