Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PING Ketsch, stroked a few putts last weekend with one, it worked so well that I have been pondering a purchase since last Saturday, trigger will likely be pulled later this morning unless the magic has disappeared.

Well I pondered the PING Ketsch in store again yesterday then something else caught my eye, I still like the Ketsch but a Odyssey Tank Cruiser 38" has a new home. I have never used a putter in that length but am looking forward to that!

Every day is a constant ponder for me. And THP doesn't help! Haha pondering irons now. I really miss having MBs

I'm Thinking about selling my sc100 to buy a gps watch

Hmm...having both, I get more use out of the SC100. But I also have a laser rangefinder and a GPS app on my phone.

I do like having my watch, but if I were going to get rid of one or the other, it would be the watch that would go.

Not using the SC100 enough? Strangely I am pondering both LOL.

Putted with one of the new Nike Method Mc12 putters yesterday and was super impressed at the balance, roll, and feel. I've never considered a Nike putter before but if it putts as well today I'm going to snap it up. Nike putters have always been high tech but ugly, IMO. This new "modern classic" line has the high crafted look and feel of a Cameron without the steep price.

Putted with one of the new Nike Method Mc12 putters yesterday and was super impressed at the balance, roll, and feel. I've never considered a Nike putter before but if it putts as well today I'm going to snap it up. Nike putters have always been high tech but ugly, IMO. This new "modern classic" line has the high crafted look and feel of a Cameron without the steep price.

Nike method putters are very nice. Not just saying that because I own 5 of them ;)

Hmm...having both, I get more use out of the SC100. But I also have a laser rangefinder and a GPS app on my phone.

I do like having my watch, but if I were going to get rid of one or the other, it would be the watch that would go.

I tought I could get used to the phone app thing but I really hated my guts for selling my S2 yesterday on the course. not that I dont like the sc100, I only went to the range once since I got it ( I was away for work last week), but I figured it would be easy to sell it and it would pay for most of the watch

Not using the SC100 enough? Strangely I am pondering both LOL.

I just didnt have time for the range lately, will let you know if I sell it

I tought I could get used to the phone app thing but I really hated my guts for selling my S2 yesterday on the course. not that I dont like the sc100, I only went to the range once since I got it ( I was away for work last week), but I figured it would be easy to sell it and it would pay for most of the watch

I just didnt have time for the range lately, will let you know if I sell it
I loved my GPS watch last year--and felt lost playing rounds without it. Now, having the watch and the laser rangefinder, I prefer the rangefinder. The only time the rangefinder doesn't work, is when you can't see/shoot a target...and in that instance, I prefer to have the overhead view of the hole on my iphone GPS app (bunkers, water, doglegs, etc.).

If I had to pick one of the three, it would be the GPS watch. But if I'm picking two of three, it would be the rangefinder and the iphone app.

Not sure if any of that makes sense....haha.

I wonder what a C-Taper would feel like and perform like in a SpeedBlade head...

GPS watch, SC100, or Rangefinder. I'd also love a Golf Board but I'd have to hit the lottery for that!

I'm super happy with my NEO XS.

I'm ponder buying used balls never bought them before, but buying new over and over seems crazy :)

I'm super happy with my NEO XS.

I'm ponder buying used balls never bought them before, but buying new over and over seems crazy :)

Lostgolfballs.com. Never had a problem with them and as far as I can tell they are not refurbished either.

Bio Cell Pro

So after a stop at my local demo day today....either J40 DPC or Callaway Apex irons.

So after a stop at my local demo day today....either J40 DPC or Callaway Apex irons.

Did you hit both side by side? I have the DPC irons now, but the Apex hype is intriguing me.

Did you hit both side by side? I have the DPC irons now, but the Apex hype is intriguing me.
Not necessarily. I was there to hit the Cleveland stuff mainly. And to go through the B-Fit. While waiting for the B-Fit to open up I grabbed the DPC and took a few swings. It was a 6 iron with the PX 5.5 (I think) shaft. I liked the way it felt.

MUCH later, out of shear curiosity, I stopped by the Cally tent and grabbed an Apex 6 iron with the Recoil shaft. The feel off the face is great, IMO, and I liked the Recoil--even though at 82 grams, I'd like to try one heavier.

Not necessarily. I was there to hit the Cleveland stuff mainly. And to go through the B-Fit. While waiting for the B-Fit to open up I grabbed the DPC and took a few swings. It was a 6 iron with the PX 5.5 (I think) shaft. I liked the way it felt.

MUCH later, out of shear curiosity, I stopped by the Cally tent and grabbed an Apex 6 iron with the Recoil shaft. The feel off the face is great, IMO, and I liked the Recoil--even though at 82 grams, I'd like to try one heavier.

Did you get some things sorted out for your MC bag?

Did you get some things sorted out for your MC bag?
Kind of. There was no launch monitor and it was cold and windy...but it was good to at least get out there and hit some of the stuff. I'll be adding comments on each in their respective threads.

I loved my GPS watch last year--and felt lost playing rounds without it. Now, having the watch and the laser rangefinder, I prefer the rangefinder. The only time the rangefinder doesn't work, is when you can't see/shoot a target...and in that instance, I prefer to have the overhead view of the hole on my iphone GPS app (bunkers, water, doglegs, etc.).

If I had to pick one of the three, it would be the GPS watch. But if I'm picking two of three, it would be the rangefinder and the iphone app.

Not sure if any of that makes sense....haha.

It makes a lot of sens, but the thing is I just cant stand having my phone turned on during a round, I love my girlfriend and really like my job, but when I'm golfing, I'm golfing. That and I'd rather have only one device to rely on, I tried the rangefinder and it made me feel like I was the one making the group slow down all the time, the watch on the other side is so easy and so convenient.

Pondering some new grips for my irons. Currently have the UTx reds, but I really like the multi-compound platinums; maybe the green or red. Also a WinnPro X 1.32 for one of my putters. Spent some time putting with various SeeMores... The Whistle shaft made a huge difference for me. That kicks-off another ponder... :thinking:

It makes a lot of sens, but the thing is I just cant stand having my phone turned on during a round, I love my girlfriend and really like my job, but when I'm golfing, I'm golfing. That and I'd rather have only one device to rely on, I tried the rangefinder and it made me feel like I was the one making the group slow down all the time, the watch on the other side is so easy and so convenient.

Completely know what you mean about the "making the group slow down" part. I was always trying to shoot a yardage with my rangefinder. When its on the tee it is one thing, but for me I just felt uncomfortable doing so from the fairways thinking that it was one more thing in a routine that was starting to get longer and longer.

My eyes are definitely on a GPS watch. I feel like it gives just enough info that I need, in a timely manner, that could really help speed up my pace (not that I am super slow, but I feel like I could always do more to be a bit quicker). One less thing to mess around with on the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back