Golf Balls. Why are you playing the ball that you are playing

I tend to look for something that is low spinning off the tee but can still maintain good performance around the green.

Can't say it any better than that. This is exactly what i look for as well.

Yellow and low compression. Plan on using B330-RX yellow as soon as I use up my stock of W/S Fifty Elite yellow.

Srixon Z Stars because they are the best ball for my game.

Partly price, but the Duo really works for my game.

2nd hand ProV1/X. I found a fella who walked his dog next to a course selling 100 for £30, last July.
Steadily throwing them back into their natural habitats of the ponds and trees lining the fairways........

Choose the pro v simply due to the soft cover and reputation they have... would like to be fit properly but far too cheap to buy new balls! Perhaps will when the remaining 50ish have disappeared.

My dad always played ProV1's when I was growing up so I naturally started playing them. I've since moved to the ProV1x for less spin but I don't think I'll ever change. I know what to expect on every shot.

Because I found them.

I have tried lots of balls.. I enjoy Bridgestone B330s, Pro V1 and the TM Project (a)... It is very playable around the green, very durable and good off driver and full wedges...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been playing a Nike ball since I picked up the game since all the rest of my athletic equipment was Nike. The One Tour D is still my favorite of all time. Switched into the Bridgestone for the first few years of RZN until the rep convinced me to try the latest version 2 years ago. I get them at a decent discount through my pro shop now too.

Since most urethane balls I have tested (in similar compression) have similar green side spin (for me), I go with the most violent impact and how much I can actually see a difference during a fitting.

JB,
Do you get the same greenside performance from an Bridgestone RX than a Pro V1?
The reason why I ask is that due to my poor short game, I have found that I can only get pro v1s to stop. An RX will not check up for me.

Because I found them.

Yep, that's why I mostly play ProV1's since I find those along the edges while I'm waiting on the groups ahead. I suppose it's not just the most popular ball, it is obviously the most lost ball.

I do have a few dozen new balls I need to try this season. Especially the Bridgestone B330-RX.

I factor in all three of those elements when selecting a ball. Price of the balls is definitely a big factor in terms of what I use over the course of year then fitting then feel. Long game is pretty similar among balls for me, i need a ton of spin/topping power around the green.

I've been fit to the B330-s from multiple ball fittings. But I also really enjoy the Chrome Softs and B330-RX offerings as well, especially when it's colder out.

During the course of the year I can possibly put 8 or 9 different model golf balls into play. Although it has been fun for me to go through the process of getting different feels for different balls this year I am going to stick to using one model.
So how do you make your choice? Price, fitting, pure feel?

I think it's a combination of the 3. While I haven't had a proper fitting in a while, I've gone and gotten some sleeves to try them out around the green and on the course. Then I go on the bay and buy in bulk for the year.

During the course of the year I can possibly put 8 or 9 different model golf balls into play. Although it has been fun for me to go through the process of getting different feels for different balls this year I am going to stick to using one model.
So how do you make your choice? Price, fitting, pure feel?

Price - It's simple really, I know I'll likely lose a couple balls a round so why pay any more for those balls than I have to.

Used to play Z Stars but I've just changed to the e6. I've had a 15 month layoff with a new daughter, so I want something that will find the straight and narrow a little more. The e6 still holds the green on shots in. It's maybe green side chips where I'm finding a little less control.

Love the way Wilson Staff balls feel, they're at a good price point & they perform great for guys with mediocre swing speeds like me.

Lately, I've been posting some great scores with the DuoU.

Feel and distance off the driver along with price.

Back