There are still good people out there!

mancest

Went to the Grandaddy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So I somehow lost my rangefinder Friday night after trying to cram in 18 holes after work. I am 99% sure it popped to of my push cart console while I was loading into the car.

I didn't realize it until I played Saturday morning (at a different course), then when I got home I got a call from bank to ask me about some unusual charges on my credit card.. Luckily it was caught so I won't be out of pocket with anything, just without my card for a while and have to update all my accounts that were tied to that card, but this is the 3rd time in the last year I have had a debit/credit card compromised. Sadly I don't think it has been from online purchases either... the first I am sure is from a gas station, the other 2 I am not sure about.

It distracted me enough that I forgot to call the course yesterday to check if by some miracle a good samaritan might have turned in the rangefinder, and honestly I just assumed there was no chance it would be turned in, because people more often than not, just suck...

Well, this morning I went to that course and before getting a bucket I asked if a rangefinder was turned in, and holy crap, it was in the lost and found! I asked the guys working if they knew who it was that found it, and if they did, I would like to buy that person a round or 12! They didn't, but so happy to get this back.

I highly doubt the person who turned in my rangefinder at Metropolitan Links Golf Club in Oakland will see this, but thank you for being a good person when it would have been easier not to be!

The world we live in sorely needs and can always use a little more kindness. Glad to hear you got your tech back. Just remember that the next time you have an opportunity to help someone.

Awesome stuff, So glad you got it back.

Nice to know there are still good ones out there still.

Awesome stuff, glad it made it back to your hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. There is still some good people left in the world.

Thanks everybody, I have had several instances on and off the course where I have come open lost items and tried to make sure they got back to their rightful owner. Call it karma or whatever, but I was so happy as I was expecting the worst on this.

I was researching options (go bushnell, slope no slope) and figuring I would make due without it for a while. My buddy who I play with every week kept asking me for yardages all day Saturday, so I am not the only one that is happy I got it back :)

That's really good to hear. Glad someone understood how much it stunk to lose something like that and did the right thing. Awesome that you got it back.

Perhaps a note in the locker room or something? A simple thanks with a reminder to others that there are good people in the world? But glad I found its way back to you.

You're welcome bro. Now how bout those 12 rounds?

Nice to know there are still good folks out there

If you're looking for good folks, THP is a good place to find them. :)

Glad you got it back. I always check before hoping in the truck and then as I'm pulling away I will check the mirror to get one last peak at the spot I just pulled out of.

Very cool! I have found two of them on the course. The first was before I had mine and using it the few holes between when I found it and made it back to the clubhouse convince me that I liked lasers better than gps'.

Glad it was turned in, I would imagine most on THP would have done the same but there are way too many folks who would have never considered turning it in.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. I know I will do the right thing but my confidence in people is at an all-time low and getting lower. It's refreshing to hear that a human beings can still behave like human beings.

Awesome. Glad it worked out

I like starting my day off reading things like this! I'm so tired of bad news day after day after day

Always good when confidence in humanity can be restored

Really glad you got the rangefinder back. I can't count the number of clubs I have turned in at the various pro shops, but I have never found a rangefinder before. I think the strangest club I have found was a driver right next to a green and I think it was the 3rd or 4th hole. Wouldn't you go back to see if you left your driver?

Nice read!
I witnessed some good karma yesterday myself. At my daughter's softball tourney, there were 2 mid-teenage girls walking around asking around if anyone lost some cash. They found a five and a few singles on the sidewalk and were looking to get it to whoever dropped it. In hindsight, I wish I had asked to speak to their parents to commend them on raising honest kids.

Glad it was returned to you Roger. . Restores my faith in people at least for today. Ha

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Back